Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-10-2015, 02:57 AM

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that it appears my ban has been lifted.... I am reinstated as an active member in Open Studio. Drama over

Thanks for putting up with me and my little dramatic meltdown... as a mom of four teenage girls, I am usually the calm one putting up with everyone else's drama, but everyone has a moment every now and then, and I guess mine came yesterday. Quilt on sisters! They are all looking great!!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:41 AM

Yay Wholeheart Mom! The punishment did seem a little excessive. Glad you are back on. As far as what else I am working on I put a baby quilt together yesterday and was sewing the binding on last night. I found it at a garage sale it was a kit for $5. From Keepsake Quilting and it is really cute. Just got busy on it after having it sit on a shelf for a couple years.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:57 AM

Ever get a tune stuck in your head? Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love you, Tomorrow! You're only a day away!

For those of you working on Orca Bay, I wish I had the time in between clues to play along on that one. Maybe I can pick it up after Allietare is done! Or maybe Easy Street.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:31 AM

PeriWink, I heard that if you chew some gum that it redirects your brain waves. Try it and let us know. I've got quilting designs running through my brain since yesterday. Can't stop thinking about a wallhanging I'm doing, I've put alot of time and money into it and its going to hang in our public library. I don't want to ruin it with the wrong quilting. But that's the fun of making quilts!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Got my little headless geese done and have to cut my grey and black squares. So happy I will be ready for clue 3 tomorrow!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]537702[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails allietare-clue-2.jpg  
Old 12-10-2015, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Are any of you working on other quilts between clues?? I did those 2 simple ones for Ro's homeless Veterans charity and mailed them on Monday. clue #2 was done, so needed something else to do until Friday. !
We are flooded, and land slided in here, so I've sprent the last two days assembling my little two inch tumblers into blocks for an odd layout, and for hand work I'm assembling the three big parts of my current english paper piecing project, http://www.katjasquiltshoppe.com/the...uilt-along.htm

I'm losing my eyesight so that has kind of set my tail afire to get things finished.

loving all the shared images!
Old 12-10-2015, 07:51 AM

Kalama, Oh Dear! Flooded and landslides, please stay safe. We used to live in Issaquah, so I am familiar with the rain and gray skies. So good you can keep busy with the EPP. Looks like a nice project.
Helen, love your colors, and you used all different neutrals like I did. Periwink, now I have that silly song in my head!
Mawluv, wow, that is an honor to have your wallhanging to be in your public library. Would you share a picture of it with us when you finish? I'll wager it is a beauty.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
OMG... I think I have just been banned from Quiltville's Open Studio. All I did was post about a tragic girl who lost her family in a fire and is requesting Christmas cards. I suggested making quilted Christmas cards for her and now my post is gone and I am banned. I loved Quiltville Open studio! Does anyone know who I can contact about this?
Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I'm sorry you had to learn this lesson when your intent was honorable.
The rules of every group are posted at the top and the one single reason for bans against this type of things is "what if all 33,000 members did the same thing".
To wholeheart Mom:

I will actually be surprised if you get reinstated. Just join the rest of us who got thrown off there at the whim of the moderators.

Yes, it made me upset as I felt like I had invested a lot of time there (my own fault, now, I realize). Another person got kicked off when they figured she was promoting herself too much which was funny since she didn't promote herself at all--just posted her very well done stuff which people loved. I think the mods get protective when they think a poster is too popular.

Anyway, there are other groups out there...There's Pat Sloan's group (50,000+), a huge one called Quilting (70-80,000+) and a few more with 25,000+ . Life goes on. It really will.

I hope they write you back, but I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if they do. I've not heard of one person who was banned who did.

Because it is a public group and if you want to see the posts, you can see it from another person's profile, or possibly even "no profile", I believe.

I have a hard time going back knowing how they treat people. You can go to Bonnie's blog, however, if you want to keep up with her.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
We are flooded, and land slided in here, so I've sprent the last two days assembling my little two inch tumblers into blocks for an odd layout, and for hand work I'm assembling the three big parts of my current english paper piecing project, http://www.katjasquiltshoppe.com/the...uilt-along.htm

I'm losing my eyesight so that has kind of set my tail afire to get things finished.

loving all the shared images!
Kalama, I live on the dry side of Oregon now, but have lived on the coast of both OR and WA so I know how it can be. I'v been watching it all on the news, the downside of all that natural beauty.
I'm working on Millie right now, I just got a Mighty Brite LED magnifyer floor lamp it has helped with my failing eyesite so much. We just need to keep on keeping on, right?
Keep your powder and your Quilts dry
Old 12-10-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom View Post
I just wanted to post and let everyone know that it appears my ban has been lifted.... I am reinstated as an active member in Open Studio. Drama over

Thanks for putting up with me and my little dramatic meltdown... as a mom of four teenage girls, I am usually the calm one putting up with everyone else's drama, but everyone has a moment every now and then, and I guess mine came yesterday. Quilt on sisters! They are all looking great!!
Congratulations...it's the first time I've heard of it.