Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old 04-18-2023, 05:50 AM

What great finishes, woodland creature! I love the way you have integrated the panel squares into the patchwork. :-)
Old 04-18-2023, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
When the spam gets reported without any ID, such as user name, when it gets deleted, it looks like the previous (by rryder in this case) legit post was the spammer.
I post 'spam reported' after I report spam so that the next 50 people seeing it don't also report it. I've never assumed that a legitimate post was spam because of a 'spam reported' post that followed it, so I don't personally think it's necessary to copy spam links or user names into those posts.

Last edited by joe'smom; 04-18-2023 at 08:26 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-20-2023, 11:44 AM

Those are lovely woodland! Well the fabric I picked thinking was the same as I needed to finish a quilt was in fact not the right color so a 1 1/2 yard piece will have to go in stash darn it! However the oversized throw has currently taken close to 18 yards and is heavy! It's a cathedral window using Jenny's from Missouri Star Quilts tutorial.

Last edited by elly66; 04-20-2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by elly66 View Post
Those are lovely woodland! Well the fabric I picked thinking was the same as I needed to finish a quilt was in fact not the right color so a 1 1/2 yard piece will have to go in stash darn it! However the oversized throw has currently taken close to 18 yards and is heavy! It's a cathedral window using Jenny's from Missouri Star Quilts tutorial.
OMG....18 yards! I know they are heavy even without batting. But so extraordinarily lovely. Please post a photo so we can all drool over your accomplishment and revel in your patience and skill.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:19 AM

That '18 yds.' had me gasping, too. I've never been inspired to make that pattern, but admire anyone who does!
Old 04-21-2023, 08:38 AM

Elly66 - that is a serious stash buster pattern! Congrats on using up that much in one quilt. I would love to see your quilt, too.

Regarding the moratorium, I am afraid that there is a local LQS going out of business and I walked into the store. Tula, Kaffe, precuts, Seuss, panels and joy walked out of the store with me. I will have to go back before the end of the month. I didn't have a chance to scope the tools, books, thread and blenders, yet. I see the moratorium wagon peaking over the next hill. I ain't close to the wagon anymore but my soul is singing about my new treasures.

Old 04-21-2023, 08:56 AM

Elly66 - I would love to tackle a cathedral window one day. In the meantime, please post a photo of yours when you're ready, as I would love to see it!
Old 04-21-2023, 12:06 PM

Ibex, I think you are covered under the "LQS going out of business sale". So don't worry about it. Maybe you can take an Uber to catch up to the train.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:41 PM

ibex94, you made me giggle. What can we do when we find a sale like that? Shop for what we know we will use in the future is a given.

I am feeling strong today and I walked away from bags of scraps that were donated to one of my quilting groups. I just could not face more scraps. Yardage might have lured me off the wagon but not more scraps.....got plenty of my own.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:22 AM

I will try to post when done with cathedral. I have had trouble figuring out the photos since they changed it. Need to get my computer guys (everyone in the family but me) on it. If anyone has a good explanation on how to post pics it would be much appreciated. I also found the perfect pattern for baby quilt and just waiting for it arrive. It will be done long after she arrives but that's ok. They pushed the due date back by almost two weeks so we'll just have to see. While purple and pinks are only a small part of my stash, I'll start pulling what I can from it for it. It's the Exploding Heart pattern. It seems apt when I think how it felt when they told me they were expecting and then again when it was a girl. I raised three boys and boys are so much fun but I did a happy dance when hearing i'd have a granddaughter. Of course years ago when we realized our family unit was boys, I would tell myself maybe someday I'll have a granddaughter. Someday will be soon! Happy quilting everyone!