Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-27-2017, 03:19 AM

Theresa, wow. So talented and you are able to do so much with your looms. Clue #5 is finished as of last night. I looked at all 200 sitting there needing to be trimmed and thought to myself, why do I do this each year, then remembered the fun of it all when anticipating what this will actually look like. I havent even put any on my design wall to play with them to see what the possibilities are so I will be totally surprised by the reveal.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:45 AM

Absolutely love everyone's projects and ORL blocks. I only have clue #1 done # 2 & 3 trial runs. Our Christmas includes 12-23 xmas with our kids & grands
then we host my husband's family on the 25th. 35 to 50 people thru out the day. A 25 lb turkey 2 10 ld hams & 25 lbs potatoes. We have a finished & heated garage me host in, only way to host that many people. Will be taking our middle grand kids to science museum today, babysit youngest tomorrow, clean DD house Friday, Finally get back to sew this weekend. YAH maybe I can catch up.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-28-2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 12-27-2017, 04:30 AM

Wow! You are busy, laurilli! Make sure to have some minutes each day to catch your breath!
Old 12-27-2017, 04:48 AM

Theresa, what a wonderful spot you have for your weaving...and such beautiful projects.
Laurilli, you tired me out just thinking of all your holiday guests and food.

I have the first wings sewn onto my 200 Clue 5 units...I will attempt to press and get the other side done today. I have a longarm rental tomorrow (which is about an hour drive) and the plan is to get two quilt tops done. I pieced the backing of one yesterday and need to get the second backing pieced today. I don’t have many large cuts of fabric so I am just making do with what I have on hand...
Old 12-27-2017, 04:55 AM

Oh wow Theresa, I would love to come and play in your loft! Your work is spectacular, such beautiful items you have created.

Jan
Old 12-27-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
@Kalama: puleeeease show the before and after...I don't have a million or a large box of scraps but I'm sure we can make a deal.

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Never fear Fraew, I have the box of a million scraps & i’m Sending it to her. Hopefully she will release the hostage photos!
Eek! my 2018 word for the year is Reality. This is going to be embarrassing
I'll snap a real time photo to post with the before and after. Real Reality!

A loom room. Wow! thanks for sharing!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:59 AM

Another "wow" for the Loom room, that is one skill I'd love to learn, along with spinning. I guess I love just about anything fiber.

I'm slowly getting caught up and figure I've got a good chance of being there in time for Friday's clue.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:28 AM

Such beautiful work, Theresa!

My clue 5s are all sewn. I should be able to get them pressed and trimmed today, which will leave tomorrow to work on one of the incomplete clues (2, 3, 4). I like these perfect trim-down brown geese so much better than my wonky clue 2 geese!!
Old 12-27-2017, 08:40 AM

I have been doing Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt as well. Do any of you know how long we have to finish the quilt?
Old 12-27-2017, 08:59 AM

Thank you everyone on your wonderful comments on my weaving and looms. I find weaving completely addicting and I do most forms of it: multi-shaft looms, tapestry, inkle, and tablet weaving along with a couple of types of Japanese braiding. I do spin, actually I was sitting at my wheel yesterday instead of weaving - LOL! I am just fascinated at seeing cloth being created beneath my hands, you take a whole lot of yarn and end up with a wonderful, usable piece. Weaving was my back door into quilting. I needed strong straight stitching sewing machines for sewing handwovens and I fell down the vintage sewing machine rabbit-hole so then I had to do something with all these machines, so I have added quilting to the mix. Anytime anyone wants to play, come on over. If you like fiber, my home is a fun place to be.