Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-27-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by craft View Post
I have been doing Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt as well. Do any of you know how long we have to finish the quilt?
her blog this morning said "getting really close to the end". That could mean one more clue then the reveal the following friday, or reveal this friday. it is a mystery! I've enjoyed every minute of this mystery, none of the stress and turmoil of the last three. Makes a difference everywhere in my life.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/...ing-after.html
Old 12-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

I have been doing Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt as well. Do any of you know how long we have to finish the quilt?
As long as you are downloading the clues as they come out, you can take your time!

My guess is that we will get one more clue, then a reveal on New Year's Day. Just my guess...
Old 12-27-2017, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
My guess is that we will get one more clue, then a reveal on New Year's Day. Just my guess...
I'm hoping so. I think I am ready to see what this beauty is going to look like! I still have a little of each clue catch up on, but I'm not too worried.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:58 AM

I'm hoping the reveal will be NYD too. Not that I'll get it done any time soon - I just got last year's finished right before this one started.

I did the math based on square inches completed, and figured we have enough for 72% of the quilt. However if we get some larger pieces we could get to 100% fast.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:21 AM

I've been missing those % posts on FB this year, thanks for figuring it out.
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I'm hoping the reveal will be NYD too. Not that I'll get it done any time soon - I just got last year's finished right before this one started.

I did the math based on square inches completed, and figured we have enough for 72% of the quilt. However if we get some larger pieces we could get to 100% fast.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:21 AM

Wow, Theresa, your loom loft looks fantastic.

I'm plugging along with clue 4 & 5. I should finish clue 4 today and maybe finish clue 5 by Friday. Can't wait for Friday's clue and then the reveal ................. anyway, here are some of my clue 5
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586043[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails part-5.jpg  
Old 12-27-2017, 11:32 AM

Thanks for confirming I did my math right!! I've been reserving some of my neutrals as I've been going along so I can *try* to keep at least some neutrals in each of the clues.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:52 AM

Good to hear! I have kept trying to figure out the precentage, but the shape for clue 3 keeps throwing my brain off.

We have done 3,024 pieces too, just for the record!
Old 12-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

I’m curious to see what form of this quilt I can make with only half of the units... or if I will have to get busy making more.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:57 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

You have as long to finish as you neeed. But be sure to download or print each of the clues as they appear, because they will go away, usually sometime around Feb 1.