Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-27-2017, 02:26 PM

ok, GramE promises a box of scraps if I reveal all The dreaded before and after. These were done maybe 15 years ago. The configurations has stayed the same but the rubber stamps are gone, and the big DMC thread drawers are gone. I finally accepted that you can't organize clutter. The first image is as it was this morning. Since then I've cut down all the scraps from what will be the back side of my Ringo Lake. At least once a month I take it back to the after image.
Attached Thumbnails reality-cutting-12-27-17.jpg   before2.jpg   after.jpg   frame-quilt-room.jpg  
Old 12-27-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
ok, GramE promises a box of scraps if I reveal all The dreaded before and after. These were done maybe 15 years ago. The configurations has stayed the same but the rubber stamps are gone, and the big DMC thread drawers are gone. I finally accepted that you can't organize clutter. The first image is as it was this morning. Since then I've cut down all the scraps from what will be the back side of my Ringo Lake. At least once a month I take it back to the after image.
ooooooooo. Do you free lance? I have not one organized cell in my body!
Old 12-27-2017, 02:47 PM

Thanks Kalama! I recently took over my roof space so I have a true "A". I wondered how you handled storage on the walls. Thank you.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Nice work space, Kalama... I like how you use the shelves upside down to accommodate the wall slope.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:04 AM

Great workspace Kalama!
Old 12-28-2017, 04:53 AM

I am so impressed with everyone's work and with your weaving work Theresa; so many talented people on this site.
Jeanie, I can so identify with your situation right now. I've had stay over company for 2 weeks now numbering from just 3, then to 8 and now 15 for the next few days; the -20* weather doesn't help to get the kids outdoors either.I don't even like to cook when it is just the 2 of us and I'm running out of ideas. Today we will have a turkey dinner feast once the last 5 guests arrive. But I'm not really complaining or whining as there will be months between seeing the kids/GC again. Clues 4 and 5 are waiting to be done and will bring some sanity back to our home- hopefully by the end of next week.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:03 AM

Christmas is a hectic time for us too. I haven't been able to touch my sewing machine in a week... which is too long for me! I have clue 5 all cut, but rather than stress over it, I'm thinking I will just put the pieces in Ziploc baggies and sew them up when I have time of after the reveal. So tomorrow I intend to jump right into clue 6. (Its getting hard not to whine...!

Last edited by NZquilter; 12-28-2017 at 05:04 AM. Reason: My new Kindle is pretty sure it can spell better than me!
Old 12-28-2017, 05:51 AM

DH and I live quite a ways from any relatives, so normally have a very quiet Holiday season. This year DD and future SIL came two weeks before Christmas (with two larger dogs). The fun part was getting the room cleared out enough for them. Loved seeing them - loved seeing them head down the road too. They were back home (GA) for Christmas.

I got a bit more work done catching up, and if I put in some time this afternoon, should be ready for the next clue tomorrow morning. Though I also want to work on putting together backings for the tops I have done. One of the local fabric shops is having 30% off everything this week, and they have some nice backing fabric normally about $16 a yard so I plan on getting some while it's on sale.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:01 AM

If it makes anyone feel better, I am only 25% done with Clue 2 and have not touched Clue 3, 4 or 5. Our last guests just left yesterday. Between my job and Christmas preparations, December was crazy and then the hoard of family descended last week. Not complaining - it was wonderful to have all our our DK (dear kids) and DGK together and I am so thankful for the time. Just wanted you to know that some of us are viewing those of you complaining about not having Clue 5 done with envy. :-)
Old 12-28-2017, 07:00 AM

Great workspace Kalama. I really enjoy seeing pictures of peoples studio areas and how they manage all of the "stuff". Everything I do fiberwise has so many working parts to it and keeping it all accessible and organized is just an ongoing work in progress.