Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-29-2017, 06:20 AM

Back to finishing clue #4 so I can do clue #6.

It doesn't seem as though we've used enough aqua yet, does it?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post

I have a lot of aqua left. I'm thinking they will come out to play in the reveal on Monday.

I'm bringing up the rear and plugging along. Hoping to have time next week to get this top wrapped up. If not, no matter.

Everyone's units look so good and are encouraging to keep at it. This quilt, I think, is bound to be just beautiful.

Last edited by Bluebonnets; 12-29-2017 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Grammar, grammar
Old 12-29-2017, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by ScubaK View Post
Wonderful work space.
Curious what machine you are using now to piece and sew?
In the pictures I see a couple different ones.
Kirsten
the modern one now in service is Janome 8900. In the photo was my Janome 9000, deeply grieved when it died, it opened up so many options. I've been using the 8900 to make blue string sashing, love the thread cutter.
For the mystery I'm using my White Rotary blackside made around 1940. I think I posted photo early in this thread.

While waiting for clue 6 I've been dissecting a gifted bag of scraps. And just like that, command central is again in disarray
Attached Thumbnails scraps-process-12-29-2017.jpg  
Old 12-29-2017, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post

I keep thinking the same, but I remember last year we hadn't even touch our yellows when the reveal came out. Maybe something like that will happen again? She will amaze us if she doesn't give the reveal on Monday! I'm loving this MQ but I can't wait to see it! I think it's going to have so much depth to it with all these tiny pieces made with scraps.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
the modern one now in service is Janome 8900. In the photo was my Janome 9000, deeply grieved when it died, it opened up so many options. I've been using the 8900 to make blue string sashing, love the thread cutter.
For the mystery I'm using my White Rotary blackside made around 1940. I think I posted photo early in this thread.

While waiting for clue 6 I've been dissecting a gifted bag of scraps. And just like that, command central is again in disarray
6.5 pounds of scraps gathered, now to get the flat rate box. More disarray on its way soon!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:01 AM

I'm back from the ski resort! I've been working on Clue 5, just a few more to trim. Hoping to cut the triangles today!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:12 AM

I guessed right! Shaded 4 patches. So glad I didn't cut the rectangles apart. This will be an easy and quick step to finish. Which is good because I'm only halfway finished with the coral geese and haven't started on the brown yet. Instead of doing Merry Mayhem's New Year's Day mystery, I'll be working on all these geese. Hope to be caught up by Monday eve.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
6.5 pounds of scraps gathered, now to get the flat rate box. More disarray on its way soon!
the priority boxes say same price up to 60 pounds...I don't think I've ever been able to get more than 20-ish in. Must be how ft. knox sends out gold..you know our government, always has an eye to saving taxpayers dollars.

I only had enough red left to do about 75 triangles. I shouldn't have dedicated this mystery to using up some 1800's reproductions. A case of be careful what you ask for? I'm thinking if I coffee dye some regular reds it might add some fabric to the mix.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:34 AM

Love your sewing space Kalama-- even with the scrap sorting, it manages to look organized!

I am finally caught up on all but today's clue! Here's photos of clues 1,2,3 and 5--I've already pulled out those triangle/square units to work on today's clue!

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_1869.jpg   img_1867.jpg   img_1868.jpg   img_1866.jpg  
Old 12-29-2017, 08:45 AM

NZquilter, you maybe right, she may be giving us a hint about reveal on NYD. I'm 1/2 way done on my steps. Lots of work for the next 3 days. But doable. It's great she gave us an easy step for this week, which to me is another hint.

NZquilter, And I have lots of Aqua left and at least 2 yards of background fabric,. I started with 6 yards and have 3 yards left.

Belfrybat, I think I will be just printing the clues for the Merry Mayhem mystery too. I'm not into zig zag type designs of quilts. But was thinking this could be a great way to make a charity quilt top fast. Besides, I'm more interested in completing this project (BHMQ). I'm so into this mystery. I know I need to post pics soon. And I will when I have several steps completed. 2 steps completely sewed, just need to iron them. 2-3 steps part way sewn. Happy sewing everyone.