Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-17-2017, 08:25 AM

They all look lovely to me!!!
Kirsten
Old 11-17-2017, 08:29 AM

I just found out that the DH's family will be staying in town for both Black Friday and the following Saturday; I won't be able to start the MQ until Saturday night at the earliest as I'll be hostess. Oh well, nothing like family. They live a few hours away and my girls don't get to see their Nanna and Grandpa as much as I would like them to be able to. I'll be watching all of your clues#1 being unfolded though!

Christine, I really like your fabrics. I wouldn't worry about the middle pink. It will add sparkle and it was with these colors that Bonnie said to really push the bounderies, so I think you're good!

Sewbizgirl, you still haven't got your fabrics, Lol!! Gee, I picked mine out on the first day!

I know it sounds silly, but who's counting down the days? I hope I'm not the only one.

Last edited by NZquilter; 11-17-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:50 AM

Well I thought I was completely ready w/ my fabric choices. Then I measured just to make 100% sure before committing on the first cut and I was short w/ my aqua color. So here is my dilemma. I use yardage one fabric per color. If I stick w/ blue for my aqua I will need to do it w/ 2 fabrics while the rest will be only 1 fabric. I do have a one fabric solid I can use it looks great w/ my other fabrics (so does my blue choice) so which to chose?????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583988[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0247.jpg   dsc_0248.jpg  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Well I thought I was completely ready w/ my fabric choices. Then I measured just to make 100% sure before committing on the first cut and I was short w/ my aqua color. So here is my dilemma. I use yardage one fabric per color. If I stick w/ blue for my aqua I will need to do it w/ 2 fabrics while the rest will be only 1 fabric. I do have a one fabric solid I can use it looks great w/ my other fabrics (so does my blue choice) so which to chose?????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583988[/ATTACH]
love the blue! If you only use the different fabrics in different clues it will be wonderful.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

Kass, I like the collection in the second pic. The gold ties in with your little gold flowers. I can see a Bonnie quilt in those fabrics.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:04 AM

Kele, that's a wonderful, zippy color combo!

Beautiful batiks, happylab!

Christine, I think your color range is just beautiful I wouldn't change a thing.

NZquilter, I'm sorry you won't be able to start right in. I'm not counting the days, kind of the opposite -- trying not to think about it because it's so hard to wait!

Kassaundra, I think the eye would easily perceive the blues as equivalents in the quilt design, so if you prefer the blue scheme, I'd go with that.

I'm not sure I'd want that gold to be the most prominent color in the quilt, especially if you switch the light and dark color placement, because then the quilt will be darker overall, and that gold will really stand out. It's so hard to say, not knowing how the colors would be used. You probably don't have enough of the red to use that as the aqua and the gold as the coral?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM

Kass, I find your first option more calming on the eyes. If you use a differnt blue per clue it won't look odd either. I think it will add depth and movement. I love your black floral print! Is that what you will be using instead of neutral? You are brave and I love your sense of adventure!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:41 AM

For those debating on Bonnie's Essential Triangle Tool, it's 30% off at Connecting Threads

http://www.connectingthreads.com/too...___D82403.html
Old 11-17-2017, 11:55 AM

Kass I agree with Joe's mom, with the blues will play together nicely. With the gold it will be in your face against the black flowered background. I see you still have a piece of our shared red fabric from byc, I still have some too.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:03 PM

sewbizgirl, raspberry and teal sounds beautiful to me. Can't wait to see what you decide!