What's in your tuna salad? >

What's in your tuna salad?

What's in your tuna salad?

Old 09-10-2016, 03:16 AM
Power Poster

Grilled tuna sandwich?
Old 09-10-2016, 03:59 AM
Power Poster

Long time since I've had a good tuna salad sandwich. I used the White Albacore in the can, drained the water from it and patted it dry. Hellman's with Spice Islands Beau Monde seasoning and craisins and thinly sliced and diced Granny Smith Apples and celery. I've had it wrapped in a lettuce leaf on crackers and between slices of toasted bread
Old 09-10-2016, 05:15 AM

*** Tuna
*** Dukes mayonnaise (made in the South),
*** chopped pickles (sweet or dill),
*** chopped boiled egg,
*** chopped onion (optional).
*** salt, pepper.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:46 AM

For Tuna salad, chicken salad or egg salad, I usually substitute Ranch Dressing for all or part of the mayonnaise. And always use only Ranch Dressing for Deviled Eggs.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:00 AM

apples are really good in either chicken or tuna salad( shredded or finely chopped).
Old 09-10-2016, 08:23 AM
dd

I use the white Albacore, celery, Kraft mayo, celery, a little onion and Old Bay seasoning. The Old Bay makes it takes more like a seafood salad instead of just tuna. Never tried the ranch. That sounds good too.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

i worked in good supply for awhile. the tuna at delis and bagel places is tongul, not tuna, they are very similar and swim together. No one really knows the difference in the deli, but it's darker than solid white albacore.
while i'm at it, McDonalds chicken mcnuggrsts is not whit mat. if you listen closely, the will call it "LightMeat" Light meat is dark meat, the lesser valued, pierced with tiny needles of peroxide to bleach it white. People at McD's don't know that it's been processed that way, so it's no use calling thm. You can however call the purchasing agents. but no one rally cares.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:53 AM

I make it a couple of different ways, depending on what I am using it for. Costco has the best canned Albacore, and it is reasonably priced and large (not too large) cans, I think maybe 7oz.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:59 PM

I like to use the water packed tuna, well drained. Celery, shredded carrots, chopped peppers, dill pickles and mayonnaise. Sometimes I add chopped boiled eggs. It is also good if you smoosh up an avocado and use that instead of the mayonnaise. I recently found some Dukes mayonnaise that several people say of so good. I haven't tried it yet. I am waiting for the current jar of mayo to be empty.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
For Tuna salad, chicken salad or egg salad, I usually substitute Ranch Dressing for all or part of the mayonnaise. And always use only Ranch Dressing for Deviled Eggs.
Just Jan - I really had to chuckle at your use of ranch dressing. I hated egg salad my whole life and recently have decided that it's really good. When I made it recently I decided to try using ranch dressing (Hidden Valley only - and I loved it!! I mentioned it to my friends and I got those yucky looks - like "are you nuts!!!" And it's nice to hear that I'm not nuts - I will use it when I make some ham salad and other salads. Thanks for the validation. Others in this list - give ranch dressing a try next time you make one of these salads. It's great!!

Sandy in Mooresville, NC