"Weigh In"

Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 AM

It's so encouraging to hear from everyone who is losing. I had put myself on a plateau recently, by dieting and then over snacking. Which meant I wasn't going anywhere, up or down. I let some new changes in my life affect me wrongly. It didn't take long to realize if I wanted to keep losing I would have to get control of my snacking and quit using them for comfort food.
I started putting 5 legal snacks into a bag in the morning and as I felt the need to nibble, I would pull out a pre-planned snack and eat with no guilt.
It has worked great for me because there is no on- the- spot decision making. It has to be a mind over matter, but I can't believe how much better I am doing now. Thanks laparshall for the great tip!!
Walked at the park this morning and enjoying my day!! :-D
Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Jill R: congrats on a nice loss. Every little bit counts. I kept losing inches before, and it was frustrating when the scale wouldn't move and my clothes were hanging on me, but now it is finally moving, slowly, but that's ok.

LNeal: Your welcome. With the snacks I have packed, I no longer have a problem staying away from the office candy dish, and the office goodies that are always lined up near the water cooler and coffee pots. Glad to hear you got a handle on this problem so quickly.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
I was waiting in line at the grocery store today and picked up a mag to read. In the inevitable diet article they were talking about healthy snacks. They were suggesting combining certain things to help cut hunger (not to lose weight, I remember that fad diet). This makes sense: don't just eat an apple but add 1 Tbsp peanut butter; the apple raises your blood sugar then causes it to drop causing you to feel hungry again. The peanut butter (protein) slows the rise and fall of blood sugar. The other one was 100 cal yogurt and 1/4 cup bran nuggets (I forget what those little hard things are called). Again this prevents spikes and drops of blood sugar. There were a lot more but it was my turn to check out so I put the mag back. (Stupid-I should have bought it!) Can't remember which mag.
So my question: what other combos would be healthy? Peach, if you see this I know you'll have some good ideas. I know there were some with veggies & ??
Thanks again guys for the help. Hope everyone is eating well and if not losing at least feeling great!
I don't get updates anymore and I haven't been on in a few days..........sorry JanRN that is has taken me so long to see this.

I have commented in the past to curb hunger drink water with dash of cinnamon or cloves.

You should eat every 2 - 3 hours don't wait any longer then 3 this will keep your blood sugar even all day...........no mood swings unless of course you are PMSing.

These are some snacks......

1 tbsp Hummus- the protein...............2 triscuits- the carb

6 oz no fat PLAIN Yogurt -protein...............1 fruit-the carb

6oz Milk-protein..................1/2 c PLAIN rice cereal (60 cal per serving nothing with sugar)-the carb

1 oz cheddar cheese-protein(melted)............1/2 oz corn chips- the carb

What I like to snack on is 1 c veggie soup with beans, it is packed with vitiams and fills you up.

Just some more of my useless information that someone might want to know............You can snack on RAW veggies all day but once they are cooked their natural sugar is released and they then become a carb.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned

With doing the rewards we are not suppose to post how much weight we have lost so let me just say......................

I HAVE HAPPY FEET DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 PM

WOO HOO!!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
It's so encouraging to hear from everyone who is losing. I had put myself on a plateau recently, by dieting and then over snacking. Which meant I wasn't going anywhere, up or down. I let some new changes in my life affect me wrongly. It didn't take long to realize if I wanted to keep losing I would have to get control of my snacking and quit using them for comfort food.
I started putting 5 legal snacks into a bag in the morning and as I felt the need to nibble, I would pull out a pre-planned snack and eat with no guilt.
It has worked great for me because there is no on- the- spot decision making. It has to be a mind over matter, but I can't believe how much better I am doing now. Thanks laparshall for the great tip!!
Walked at the park this morning and enjoying my day!! :-D
I had 'plateaued' for the last 3 weeks; well maybe not a plateau, but I hadn't budged the scale at all. I just realized there were a few times where I was sabotaging my efforts, a little bite here, a little bite there. You know what I mean. I got mad enough to be a little more careful with my journalling, and YAY! Low and behold I lost 3 pounds this week. Lneal, you are right, so many times it IS mind over matter, and mentally deciding this battle will be won.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Mrs. Mel: Wow! 3 lbs. What is up with this group this week? Everyone is really doing great!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:39 PM

Thanks Peach-I knew you'd have good info. Yum-I love hummus but had been avoiding it because I wasn't sure about adding crackers. I'll have that with the triscuits.
I haven't been getting email alerts to any of my topics. I guess I'd better check with admin.
Hey you guys are doing great!! This must be a good week. Well, I'll see tomorrow at work.
Thanks everyone!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
Thanks Peach-I knew you'd have good info. Yum-I love hummus but had been avoiding it because I wasn't sure about adding crackers. I'll have that with the triscuits.
I haven't been getting email alerts to any of my topics. I guess I'd better check with admin.
Hey you guys are doing great!! This must be a good week. Well, I'll see tomorrow at work.
Thanks everyone!
Hummus is a great choice for lunch. If you cut a small pita bread in 1/2 and then into wedges and toast them then spread with hummus it is filling and you will get all the protein you need for that meal. It is better to make your own you can omit most of the olive oil and add water to make it smooth when you put it in the blender. I don't like chickpeas so I make hummus with either navy beans or great northern. If you don't have tahini you can substitute peanut butter.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM

Hey trupeach! Go ahead, it's okay to post your weekly weight loss, we all want to hear from you. :-D There are a lot of Happy Campers here this week. :thumbup: Go Girls!!!!

Girls, please pm me with your weight loss for the week. I will record them for you. Remember this month we have a 1st and 2nd place winner. Each of you will only send one fat quarter, they will be divided equally between the two.