Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-08-2011, 05:25 AM

I found an excellent resource at the library recently. Greneen Roth's cd set "Food is Food and Love is Love"

http://www.amazon.com/When-Food-Love...0131011&sr=1-3

I'm finding it very enlightening. She's big on the diets dont' work bandwagon. And we need to listen to our body's.

I'm a big emotional eater and find that I eat to push down negative emotions or those feelings of not being good enough or pretty enough or smart enough, etc...

It's expensive so check and see if your library has it, or get it from interlibrary loan.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 AM

I have GREAT news! I lost a pound!

Woo! Hoo! I think drinking water is the key, also.

Stick with it everybody, consistency counts.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 AM

deedum, charity-crafter was June's winner with a ten pound loss. You can PM her for her address.

MJ. :thumbup: :-D :thumbup: It's party time when those scales start moving downward.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I have GREAT news! I lost a pound!

Woo! Hoo! I think drinking water is the key, also.

Stick with it everybody, consistency counts.
YAYAYAY!!!! One pound down is wonderful!!! I am so happy for you!

Missy
Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

Good morning all, I have news of a good kind. With the companionship of a walking friend and a lot of intentional walking yesterday, I hit 10,404 steps! I am so impressed and it really was not THAT hard. Easier that I thought it would be anyway.

I also found out yesterday from my doctor that one of the anti-inflamatory medications I am taking causes me to you guessed it .....gain weight. What a choice pain or pounds! I am hoping the walking will create the balance between the two.

I am now back to where I started two weeks ago and can begin the slow downward slide to a solid 2 pounds off, away, scram, scoot and disapear for good.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 AM

Yay Yay Yay!!! MJ it is party time but don't eat the cake! LOL

I didn't even weigh today because we took my daughter out for chinese for her birthday. I think I did ok on the calories but I know the sodium was way high. But it was good and water weight should come right back off.

Thank you for everyone's input it has helped alot. Sometimes you just can't help not hurting someones feelings especially when they don't know when to stop. And just like Xylie said if she did give him a chance he would be right back to doing what made her break up with him in the first place. Thats what she broke up with him in the first place for, she talked and talked till she was so tired of him doing the same stuff over and over again. Yes I think he was raised by idiots but even people who are, can look around and learn to be different. And I know there are people who never want to be accountable for their own actions and think if they whine and cry someone else should feel sorry for them and fix them. I don't mean to judge his mom but I have always had the feeling that she has always babied him and never smacked his ass, told him NO, and made him be accountable for thing. Now I am pretty sure of it I don't know if its because the dad is such a jerk or what.
My daughter gets off early today so I am going to talk with her and help her figure out how to put into words that he needs to back off and stop trying to buy her back or make her feel so sorry for him she gives him another chance.If he doesn't I agree she needs to stop being nice about it. Do people like that ever care what they are putting the other person through?
It is funny but I always say there is nothing good about getting older except you get some wisdom. All of this stuff that is coming out of him are the things I didn't like about him in the first place, so I guess we at least have that in our old age. LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by Rita's mom
I am not sure how yahoo groups work but would love to learn! Missy I wouldn't mind at all but thats just my opinion.

scrapngmom I hear you on the running on fumes statement! Things are not calmer around here like I had hoped for. I did stay on track with my eating yesterday so that is a plus and I drank a fair amount but not what I needed to so that is ok.

Can I steal some wisdom from you all? Does any of you have experience with someone who you feel sorry for but at the same time wonder if some of the stuff they are saying could be made up or exadurated(SP?) so you will feel sorry for them and they get what they want? My oldest daughter finally had enough of this guy she has dated for almost 2 yrs and broke up with him or is trying to anyway. I have never really liked him(well I like him and feel sorry for him, I just don't think he is right or a blessing to my daughter)He can be very thoughtless,and kind of all about himself, can be kind of a BSer,tends to be racist or at least ignorant about alot of things which in my mind is where racism stems from, and a few other things. I tell my daughter how I feel and then tell her If she stays with him she has nobody to blame but herself. Anyway to make a long story short since she told him she wanted to break up he is whineing and begging her nonstop to give him another chance, texting me saying she is his everything he just has never had anyone teach him how to be a good boyfriend etc, etc. He also text my other daughter, my daughters friend that she has been hanging out with all with the same stuff how can I get her back. I have been trying to give him positive stuff when he says his dad calls him worthless and a piece of **** and how he never had friends till my daughter on and on. Well I am so drained from all of this because I always feel sorry for people and can't or won't be mean. I am torn and this is my question.... how do you know if what people are saying is true or they just want everyone to feel sorry for them and give them what they want? He is over the top and to be honest as bad as I feel for him (his home life is bad or at least wierd and he does make people want to pull away from him because he tends to BS and talk nonstop)I think he is kind of unstable. I am not sure if he is just a immature baby and think that if he whines he will get what he wants or if he really is clueless about why his life is like this. What sticks in my mind is everything he says is all about him, he is so sad, he has no friends, his dad is mean to him, he is having a crisis because he is so sad, on and on. I have tried telling him my daughter is just tired give her time to rest and figure out what she wants but it is still how sad he is, how she is his everything on and on. To make it worse today is her birthday and he wants to drop off her present. She told him not to get her anything when they broke up but now he has something that he ordered and can't send back because it is custom made. I know tonight is going to end up a mess and as I said it is still all about him and what he wants. Sorry I hope some part of that long rant made sense. I am just trying to figure out how to deal with him without being mean. After you get so drained from it you start to lose some of your tact and feel very irritated. And we all know my butt doesn't need the stress!!! Does anyone have any experience with some one like this?
Sorry I know this is probably not appropriate for this thread but I feel like I know most of you and there is alot of great wisdom here.
This dude is using you guys.He is insecure and a clingy needy dominant selfish loser.Tell him to get the violins out and tell it to Oprah.Better yet tell him "you know what,I can't help you,maybe you should go get thearapy.I see now why your mentaly drained.In life there are givers,and there are takers.You are a gas station for people with issues to "DUMP" the sht into..It's not your job to let others dump on you.Their parasites sucking the life out of you to feed their ego's and to take from you.To make them feel good,meanwhile your drained.I use to be that way too,till I realized I was just a dumping ground for them to dump their stuff on and to feel better when they leave. This guy is dangerous.If he can't take no and move on,he may be so posessive he may not leave her or you all alone.I'd tell him it's over,move on.And stop answering his calls,texts,emails, etc.If he persists,have a restraing order put out on him.Then he'll get the message,if he don't,call the police.Cut off all communications with him.If he can't reach any of you,he can't keep bothering you all.He needs to move on.And so do you.And don't be a host any more for other parasites.It's their issues,not yours.Start saying,you know I don't know what to say,I have problems too I can't resolve,what are you going to do?.Pretty soon,they'll quite coming if they can't feed off you,they'll go elsewhere to feed off someone else.No wonder your drained.They are literally sucking the life out of you to where you don't have anything left for yourself.You have to take care of you,and let others step up to the plate and help out so you can start having some 'me time' every day.Learn to say no,I have,and am much better now because of it.I wanted to add,it's one thing to help people,we all need help at some point,but this guy and others like him,that won't take no,it's over,will be like my ex,he was super acomidating till he got what he wanted,then was right back to being a jerk.A leopard don't change it's spots.His family said it all,he is what they said.They know him best.We can't change any body.A lot of gals think,well,i can change him.they can't.He's only playing his 'poor me,help me' card.He should be talking to your daughter.Your instincts were right on about him.Your daughter deserves better.Thank goodness she woke up.
WOW Xylie tell us how you really feel! LOL I am just kidding I LOVE your spunk! And I agree, what you are saying is SO true. Thanks for the great advise I just had to tease you. I can tell you have learned by going through it. And it is true ladies when we are door mats and victims to other people our butts get FAT! :shock:
Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 AM

I've been robbed. The bride's family came to take my plant stands from outside to decorate the pavillon at the lake. It looks bare out there. It'll look more bare when some plants go tomorrow.

Decisions - the dress I'd planned on wearing now seems too dark. Can the grandmother of the bride go in a bright green tropical print? I'm not going shopping for two reasons. One, there are too many clothes in this house and two, I'm having a cash flow problem after all those medical expenses this Spring. I have a peachy print flowy dress (and a tan/rust one), but I like the green one best, but it is by far the brightest. The green one fits the best, too. Not a weight loss question, but a life question. Don't want to get twitterpated and start eating. Like charity-crafter, I am an emotional eater.

Where did I set my yogurt down when they arrived ? It's a good thing my dogs are well behaved. I am losing weight.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 AM

Wear the dress that you feel best in. Wear the one that makes you feel beautiful, like a queen, like the most wonderful grandmother of the bride there is in the whole wide world.

You're the grandmother. No one is expecting you to look like the bride. I recall fussing over finding the best ever mother-of-bride garb and soon found out, no one cared. It was not my wedding! For one child's wedding I was champagne and lace, another I was royal blue elegance the third I was ...goodness, I can't even remember. All I know is that I felt good, looked smashing and had a wonderful time visiting with friends and new family.

Wear the dress that is all YOU!

If you really want a good answer ask the bride. Give her two choices. No more than two because she has been making too many decissions already, both of which sould be acceptable to you and get her two cents. If any one criticizes, you can say the bride helped you pick it out, she gave her approval or "in consultation with the bride we thought this was the perfect choice." Enjoy the wedding.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Can the grandmother of the bride go in a bright green tropical print? I'm not going shopping...
I think a bright green tropical print sounds wonderfully summery. Grandma can dress as she pleases and have a great time.

Have fun and don't stress, let the bride and bride's mother do all that.