Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:54 PM

thanks, scrapngmom. it's how i make it through! i a m losing.........
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 PM

Missy that is a great looking quilt. I know with your talent that it will turn out beautiful. It's late so just a quick look at some pics on the board then off to bed. Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.
Hugs to all
Gail
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 PM

think i'll follow your example , gail. i, too, will be off to bed. just to let you know--i won't be on line tomorrow until late in the day. i spend so much time on board, i don't get any quilting done! maybe it's the computer that's giving me my headache--all the alphabet rays. nitey-nite, n
Old 07-12-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
must you so publicly expose all my foolishness? you're talking about donating the extra flesh as skin grafts. in 1986ish, there was a huge crash at dallas airport and they were looking for skin graft donations for all the burn victims. i had lost a lot of weight and had REALLY flabby thighs, so i called and offered them. well, they came onto the radio and tv and said that they'd just had an offer of extra flesh but it had to be from cadavers, no live donations. the whole office was laughing at me! SOOOOOO embarrassing!

mj- does that make it a good dr's appointment?
missy- love the quilt, i wear a queensize, can't wait to see all the clever things you make to sell
cindy- have a great vacay! looks like i'll be in dallas the first week in august. anyone else going to be there? would love to have a get together at a cheap mexican restaurant! ole"!
I will be back the end of the month. Keep me posted and we will get together.

Cindy
Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 AM

must you so publicly expose all my foolishness? you're talking about donating the extra flesh as skin grafts. ... well, they came onto the radio and tv and said that they'd just had an offer of extra flesh but it had to be from cadavers,...SOOOOOO embarrassing!
That was just rude of them. It's not like cadavers could say "sure, you can use mine."

I did a google search to see if I could find more info. http://www.mtf.org/donor/living_skin.html

I'm not doing so good. I had to go on travel last week and I'm completely off track. I was in Sweet Water, TX. They took us out to eat at various BBQ and fried chicken places and their idea of a vegetable is cole slaw, potato salad, corn drawning in butter and green beans swimming with the bacon fat. (Now, I'm not saying that all people in south TX eat like this, just the restaurants they took us to). But on the plus side I only put back on 2 pounds. I'm trying to convince myself it was all the salt and it's water weight. When does water weight become fat weight? Now I have to work extra hard to get it back off.

DH can't figure out why I keep getting fabric in the mail. "Why are you getting them? Did you ask for them?"
"No, I won a weight loss challenge."
"oh, you lost weight? Where?"

Husbands-he didn't notice anything the last time until I had lost about 30 pounds he said, "you look different, did you get a hair cut?" when I lost 50 pounds then he noticed I had lost weight because-get this -you won't believe this-he came to me one day after work and said, "Do these jeans look familiar?"

"Hmm, yeah, I have a pair that same color." Turns out he didn't turn the light on when he got dressed that morning and just grabbed a pair from the clean laundry basket, which were mine. Then he asked me if I had lost weight.

He's 5'6" and I'm 5'0" so I fill my jeans out widthwise and when he wears them they are nice an baggy in the seat and long enough for him to wear. He started wearing my jeans because they were more comfortable-I told him it was the spandex.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 AM

must you so publicly expose all my foolishness? you're talking about donating the extra flesh as skin grafts. in 1986ish, there was a huge crash at dallas airport and they were looking for skin graft donations for all the burn victims. i had lost a lot of weight and had REALLY flabby thighs, so i called and offered them. well, they came onto the radio and tv and said that they'd just had an offer of extra flesh but it had to be from cadavers, no live donations. the whole office was laughing at me! SOOOOOO embarrassing!

mj- does that make it a good dr's appointment?
missy- love the quilt, i wear a queensize, can't wait to see all the clever things you make to sell
cindy- have a great vacay! looks like i'll be in dallas the first week in august. anyone else going to be there? would love to have a get together at a cheap mexican restaurant! ole"!
I was living in Richardson when the plane crashed and my sister (being a medical examiner) was one of the first responders. It was so awful! I am sorry that your coworkers made fun of you. You were trying to help. I hope you know I was making fun of myself and not you.

I cannot wait until this afternoon when I will begin the piecing of the quilt! If it goes together as quickly as I think it will I might make several of them! I love that pattern.

Missy

Missy
Old 07-12-2011, 06:27 AM

Charity-Crafter ~ I love the story about your husband! Thanks for the chuckle! One time when I had lost weight my husband asked my kids, "Doesn't your mom's butt look smaller?"
Missy ~ Your quilt is going to be beautiful. I hope you have a Shape Cut to cut all those strips.
Nancia ~ Your office mates were total jerks.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Charity-Crafter ~ I love the story about your husband! Thanks for the chuckle! One time when I had lost weight my husband asked my kids, "Doesn't your mom's butt look smaller?"
Missy ~ Your quilt is going to be beautiful. I hope you have a Shape Cut to cut all those strips.
Nancia ~ Your office mates were total jerks.
Oh I sure do!! I could not do this as well without it.

Missy
Old 07-12-2011, 07:15 AM

Missy~ love the quilt waiting anxiously for the finished pics!

Charity~ I think it's a male thing! Thanks for the laugh! My husband is worried about the doll quilt swap I'm involved in, he says is this going to keep you from finishing the shaeds for the living room! I just had to chickle, like anything could really keep me from sewing!

I didn't get up early today so I'm already behind. I really want to start getting up and working out first thing in the morning. But If I had gotten out of bed I don't think I could've done anything anyway! My legs are so sore from lifting yesterday. I really wanted to pick up where I left off a month ago, boy was that a mistake! But I'll get some cardio in later today, and then lift again tomorrow morning!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:08 AM

I have a really delicious low calorie recipe to share:

Vegetables with Pasta
Fix It and Forget It Lightly, Revised and Updated, page 204

Makes: 4-5 servings
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3½- or 4½-quart

2 cups chopped zucchini
½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
half a green, or red, bell pepper, sliced
half a medium-sized onion, sliced
½ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
8-oz. can tomato sauce

Slice and place in slow cooker, cook 2-4 hours, serve over pasta or rice.
Very yummy, can add meat if you wish, but I like it just like this.

Doesn't it look gooooood?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225294[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-225288.jpe