Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM

I went with some quilter friends to the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, CA. We had a wonderful day admiring and being inspired by the creative works of others. This was my 3rd year attending this festival. I think I would like to attend next year maybe for more than a day and take a class or two.

I have been very good this week on the soda challenge. Sparkling Mineral water is as close to a soda as I have gotten.
Look forward to weigh in Monday morning see if I met my goal. And I will post my picture - how about you?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:25 PM

Note to Lynne: I just made the center of the Carpenter Star quilt. 2 hours from the time I started drawing lines to the final pressing and slapping it on the wall, and I'm not overly fast squaring up the HSTs, etc. It's the hardest 25% of the quilt although two colors are much easier than eight.
Note to Missy: the HSTs were easy. If you draw straight and sew straight, they come out fine.

My weight was down a few ounces today. Yippee. BTW, there is a 17 day diet in the First Magazine. I'm guessing it's a simplified version of the book. I didn't read it carefully yet but I will when I get tired of sewing. Right now watching the Tigers is too aggravating to read anything.

It's in the high 40s with 30 mph winds. It was little like walking in a wind tunnel on the East/West streets. The lake was anything but calm. Brrrr.

I want a cookie. If I bake some, will I eat just one? Nah, so forget it and go back to the birthday quilt. My son looked longingly at his sister's CS when he was here while it was on the wall. He never asks for anything, but I can read him like a book. His quilt is wildlife panels, but needs some fillers so he got his star. When he was young I had to force him to buy new shoes. We did not have a cash flow problem then, but he just wasn't comfortable with money spent on him. So independent and considerate.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 10-15-2011, 08:20 PM

Well today was a good day, I managed to do a load of laundry. Now all I have to do is get it out of the dryer and put it all away. Small steps. I am hoping to go back to my place in the next few days. Will have to go to the grocery store before I can go back.

The pain levels are getting better, not having to take the pain meds every 4 hours, getting closer to 6-8 hours but the more I start doing I may have to go back to every 4 hours.

I feel as if I have the babies foot up in my ribs as when you are pregnant. Please remove the foot...........ugh coz my baby is now 23 yrs old. and I still remember that feeling. I really am ready for some normal feelings.

Have a blessed day.

Cindy
Old 10-15-2011, 09:04 PM

Hello, Cindy, you are doing well to be able to do what you are doing, but I understand the impatience. Your new picture is so sweet. Does Lucy let her out of her sight yet? You look very pretty in pink.

It looks like it was very quiet here today. I hope everyone's off having fun.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Today was a busy day which is a good thing, lots of up and down stairs carrying stuff, doing laundry, raking leaves outside, putting away the garden, tomorrow is the closets (yuck) so I'm sure I burned a couple of calories. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 AM

Good morning everyone! Was quiet day yesterday.

Cindy you and your furbaby look so cute together. I'm glad to hear you are getting better step by step. Just don't rush it.

Well I've decided to stay on the board if you'll have me. I need the encouragement and support and I think I can provide some of the same to others. I know I'll never win a fat quarter but don't mind sending one out every month to a member who has earned it. It will be woth it to me to maintain my weight because I of all people know how easy it is for it to climb back up. So I'm here for maintenance and support and all the friendship I can get.

My prayers are with all of you. You know it's Sunday which is a bad day for me but I don't know if I'm going to church today or not. I don't feel so good. Yesterday was the day that the neurologist doubled my topomax and I was drugged most of the day no I feel real light headed and groggy, This is how I felt when I first took my meds yesterday then slept most of the morning. I have a quilt class this afternoon so I hope I snap out of this.

Have a good day everyone. Happy sewing!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 AM

cindy-- glad you and lucy are reunited! you look so serene! i'm lying here with 2 cats and a dog on a twin size bed, and i'm twin size too! not much room for rolling over !lol! silly furbabies! there is a slight chill in the air so they are all touching me. poor monkey is all alone in the recliner-i kinda envy her(smile).
jeanne--you will always be welcome! love your encouragement and caring!
irish---take it easy! don't want you and moira going for a lake swim! bet it feels really cold already. we are still dealing with global warming here in philly. not nearly as chilly as i like it for october. this is the month of the octo-mom and we are all grateful not to be her, bless her heart!(you southern belles know what i mean!) for northerners; it is a tried and true tradition in the south that you can say ANYTHING about someone as long as you bless their heart before or after. ex: that gertie, bless her heart, can't find her way out of a closet without a map. she's so stupid even the dog won't follow her. bless her still beating heart.( best said with a drawl or twang). my aunt in vermont used to say, ' that george. he's dumber than an egg!' and didn't waste any of her precious time blessing him either. vermonters tend to tell it straight and be done with it. if god wants to bless the fool, he doesn't need them to remind him. having lived in both areas i can honestly say i love them both, bless their hearts! and bless all of us, too! never saw such a bunch as we are for needing divine help for so many reasons, bless all our hearts! and of course, best of all. to quote tiny tim, " god bless us, every one!" since this is sunday i thought i would give a more religious observation than normal. those who have missed church, and those who never go (at least, not on sunday ;) ) have all been blessed thus taking care of that aspect of religion. now, go in peace, and don't forget to leave a piece for the next guy.

;
Old 10-16-2011, 06:45 AM

We can celebrate together :D :D as my scales finally moved the same 2lbs. Yahoo !! Finally....but still wondering why it had been stalled.Guess I'll never know.Yesterday I decided to up my food intake just a bit.We'll see how it goes this wk.For now :thumbup: :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
It's a great morning for me --- finally fell off that plateau and the scale went down 2 pounds! After two weeks of no loss this made my day.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 AM
mim

I guess eating at odd times and trying to clean out the fridge -- lots of odd combinations -- is good for me -- I got rid of 2 pounds this week. Last night I really got the munchies and there was NOTHING salty or crunchy to eat.

I cleaned the cupboards early this week and the trash was picked up on Friday.

DH says he will weigh in this morning and let me know how he is doing -- SIL is a wonderful cook and he's been invited over several times

Mim
Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 AM

Hi everyone. Hope you are having a great weekend. We went to Ruby Tuesday's last night for our 28th anniversary. I ordered the Chicken Broccoli Parmisan, it was only 411 calories. But the bowl they brought out was so big and tasted so good I knew it had to be wrong. So I got a to-go box and put over 1/2 in it and enjoyed - really enjoyed the rest. Do you think restraunts really watch and measure the lo-cal menu like they are should? I've gotten things on afew different times that the amounts were not the same as the time before.
Cindy- glad to hear you are getting better.