Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Old 07-20-2018, 08:58 AM

great Macy, I hope you do well. Well I know you'll do well if you follow the guidelines

My new favorite breakfast, fat free small curd cottage cheese and fresh blueberries. Two things I don't normally care for but bliss together.
I don't normally eat beans either. Rob fixes refried with taco night and I used to eat a spoon or two to be polite. I've decided it that is all I get I'm getting it all

It is the fat free that are zero points. Rob got refried last grocery shopping day..."organic", no where noted as fat free. I'm eating them with a smile, the effort is truly what counts.
I also used a can of navy beans with chicken, celery, carrot, walla walla sweets...it was SO good. Why did I always not like beans?

Anyway carry on and be really proud of yourselves for just trying!
Old 07-20-2018, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
......My new favorite breakfast, fat free small curd cottage cheese and fresh blueberries. Two things I don't normally care for but bliss together............
Funny how that works isn't it?
Try a new and different combo, and suddenly a phenomenal treat!

Just got a 4 litre basket of blues today ... can't wait to get some cottage cheese to try with it.
New combo to me, but already .... I am drooling thinking of it!
THANKS!
Old 07-22-2018, 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=gramma nancy;8022162][QUOTE=Anniedeb;8020437]

I am a life member of WW and am so sorry you have a mistaken idea of meetings. There is no public weigh in. There is no public announcement of anyone's weight. There is no shaming or lecturing.

I just started re-reading this thread and am really happy for everyone's successes! I'm also glad that the format and meetings have changed. Back in the late 60's (I know.... eons ago!!) my sister and I went to WW meetings. We were weighed publicly and if you gained weight, you were given a pig nose to wear! We only attended a few meetings. There seems to be many ways to utilize WW now, including this large support group right here! I love all the encouragement everyone has for each other!!
Old 07-23-2018, 07:50 PM

A pig nose?!? Oh my. I would've have dug a hole and hid in it.

I'm down .8 today, for a total of 61.8 since January. I guess I lost a little bit over the weekend.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
A pig nose?!? Oh my. I would've have dug a hole and hid in it.

I'm down .8 today, for a total of 61.8 since January. I guess I lost a little bit over the weekend.
What kind of scale do you use? Mine only does by 1/2 pound increments. I'm down 14.5 since June 6th. It has been a process!

Last edited by Anniedeb; 07-24-2018 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Finish sentence
Old 07-24-2018, 11:39 AM

I thought I'd try my hand at maintenance this past week, we'll be on the road for a few months this fall.
Well, that went well... Picture me as Charlie Brown. That lunch sack has hidden dangers.

On the other hand today was a great meeting, so much laughter and shared ouches and successes.
One lady who has been at lifetime quite awhile shared that she hasn't missed a class in 5 years except for the week her son died. I know personally she is a really busy person and works hard at her job

If she can do this so can I. Because there is always an excuse to miss class, to have the sugar jolt, to say we'll make it next week. Or next month.

We are as successful as we choose to be I think...
Attached Thumbnails charlie-good-grrief.jpg  
Old 07-25-2018, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
What kind of scale do you use? Mine only does by 1/2 pound increments. I'm down 14.5 since June 6th. It has been a process!
That's great!

My scale is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-25-2018, 08:33 PM

Here's another recipe I found somewhere on Facebook .... Banana Pancakes. 3 points, including the sugar-free syrup.

1 banana, mashed smooth (I used a mixer because I couldn't get it as smooth as I wanted)
1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp self-rising flour (2 points. I read that you could leave the flour out, but I haven't tried it.)

Makes 2 good-sized pancakes, about 5" or so. Add 1/4 cup of sugar-free pancake syrup (1 point), for a total of 3 points for the whole recipe.

This is one of those low-point meals that would be easy to get carried away with, so be careful!
Old 07-26-2018, 03:21 AM
Power Poster

I remember a scene from Mad Men where one of the characters was at a WW meeting (it was set in the 60's) and it was so embarrassing to stand up and tell the whole gang your progress! It was a funny scene, probably nothing like meetings today.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:08 AM

Not sure what happened, but I was up 1.4 pounds yesterday. I did ride both my indoor exercise bike and my recumbent outdoor trike for around 35 miles total last week, so maybe I gained some muscle. I guess that's a good thing, but I sure didn't like seeing a higher number on The Little Liar yesterday. I was also under a lot of stress last week, and I'm wondering if that might've had something to do with it. Hopefully next Monday will be better.

I ran across a recipe for a 1-point dessert that's really, really good. Almost too good! Mix 1/4 package of fat free, sugar free pudding mix and a splash of vanilla extract into a bowl of plain Greek yogurt. Stir well. Major yum, and it's very filling! I bought 3 kinds of pudding to try: chocolate fudge, cheesecake, and vanilla. I haven't tried the vanilla yet, but so far the chocolate is my favorite (naturally - ha!), with the cheesecake a close second. It's hard to limit myself to just one serving a day. LOL!