Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:45 PM

See if this link works for you.

https://cmx.weightwatchers.com/nui/my-day?mode=food

As far as losing 150 pounds, I know you can do it! I had (and still have) a lot to lose, too, thanks in part to a knee injury that resulted in a sedentary lifestyle, and the fact that I love food a little too much! Just stay with it. In a few weeks, you'll be happy you hung in there. <3

I was .4 pounds down this week. Not a particularly great week, but at least it was down instead of up. I think I need to lay off the yogurt a bit.

Have y'all tried Kodiak pancake mix? It's just 5 points for two big pancakes (1/2 cup of dry mix), and 1 point for sugar-free syrup. They're really good, and they're high in protein. Regular pancakes leave me feeling hungry an hour later, but these keep me full for several hours. All you have to add to the mix is water, but you could add an egg if you wanted. Or fruit.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:23 AM

Thank you so much for your help, Moonrise. I finally ended up finding a phone number to cancel my account -- which wasn't what I wanted to do, but it did put me in touch with a live person. She was able to figure out what was going on and now I can access my points tracker, all my stored favorite foods, etc.

I plan to weigh in and start tomorrow! I know it will be a rude awakening when I step on that scale but that will just make the end result more impressive, right?

I usually make Biggest Loser Pancakes a couple times a week. They are almost like a crepe. Also 5 points. I prefer them with applesauce over sugar-free syrup. I'll give the Kodiak pancake mix a try, though -- I have seen it in my grocery and it would certainly be faster than making the Biggest Loser Pancakes from scratch.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:40 AM

third weigh-in while on the road, today in Paducah Kentucky. Biggest group I've been to, great teacher. Lots of tips about overing and undering when we guess at what a portion weighs.
Another lady visiting chased me down and we had a nice conversation. She is here from Baton Rouge with a family emergency. She brought all her tools that help keep her on track. anyway, enjoyed myself and am down again, while on vacation! Amazing.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:18 PM

Losing, or even maintaining, while traveling is always a challenge for me. I noticed a long time ago that the more we eat out, the slower my weight loss is. Do you have an RV, KalamaQuilts, so you can prepare some of your food yourself?
Old 09-14-2018, 01:26 PM

We do now, but we've taken 3 long trips in a sportwagen too.
We carried a big cooler and had our breakfast out of that, and sometimes we'd pack lunch and pick up something hot for dinner or vice versa.

We left the 22nd of Aug and I think we've had just 3 meals out and I just determined to eat smart rather than a bathtub full of french fries which is mostly what I want
we still carry the cooler for ice and lunches.

I have my Dannon fit non-fat yogurt w/ a 1/4 cup of crunchy cereal for breakfast, about 10, while we are driving. I take at least two fruits in addition to what I had pre-yogurt, and a can of tuna mixed out with some crackers, or a sandwich of my own for lunch. Not my favorite because I hate 'paying' for two slices of bread

I could share all day...weight watchers and I are old old friends and every incarnation is better than the last. My only beef with today's program we get charged pretty steeply for non-fat milk and non-fat cottage, I think they should be zero points too.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:39 PM

I am very happy with a 1.8 pound loss this week. I had been on a plateau for about 6 weeks, was getting discouraged so put myself on temporary maintenance for another month. So until this week I had a total loss of only 3 pounds for the past 3 months. But now at a total loss of 43.8 Over 10 months, and hopefully I will keep losing, even if only 1/2 to1 pound a week. I have 40 more to go. It is a long journey for me. Hope you all have a successful week too!
Old 09-16-2018, 06:46 AM

Had my first challenge yesterday -- an all day seminar. I work from home so packing a lunch was an adventure! I made sure to have a high protein, low point breakfast (scrambled eggs and half a grapefruit) and packed low fat lunch meat, yogurt, and lots of cut-up veggies and 2 tbsp hummus (in a teeny tiny jelly jar!) to snack on during breaks. I was SO GLAD that I packed that lunch because it enabled me to pass on the provided lunch -- pizza!!! -- and not feel like I was starving. Score one for me!
Old 09-16-2018, 07:26 AM

Great job of preplanning DDuMouchel! That is the best option in situations like that where you know you won’t have any healthy options.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:19 PM

new changes are in progress! Which they have been leading up to all year. Weight Watchers is now WW, can't remember what it means More focus on healthier life style rather than the scale, which is an excellent idea, if they can retrain our minds...
Looking at options for this weeks 'foreign' class while I'm on the road, I see meetings are called workshops, and they are held in studios.

My last class was in Hannibal Missouri, quite reminded me of the days when Jean Nadich was still at the helm, a little off the topic of the day, lots of laughter. I've enjoyed every one of the classes I've met with, and have photo with each leader.

I know I need to get rid of the green and the beige shirts...looks like I've got room for another person in there
Don't know where I'll weigh in, I mean do a workshop this week but we turned west now and are on the homeward run.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:22 PM

My week is progressing well. Last night I made the chicken taco soup, which I found a little "blah" but my husband was very enthusiastic about. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of working with my points -- I look ahead at what I'm planning to have for dinner and if it's high in points I will choose a breakfast & lunch that are on the lower end. If I have a breakfast that's higher in points than usual for me then I make sure that dinner is something extra-low in points like chicken or fish.

Hope everyone has a great week!