Boom 28 Holly

Old 12-21-2022, 07:17 AM

Klaws great blocks love your color choices. My blocks are fantastic, thank you se much

Cheesehead the beginning of the 3 day storm has started here and it’s headed your way.

Everyone stay safe and warm
Old 12-21-2022, 07:34 AM

Oh great, not looking forward to this! Forecasters are predicting power outages due to the strong winds expected. So glad that DH purchased a new generator last month and he has it already to go.

The states on the Gulf Coast are expecting freezing temperatures in the next couple of days. We can't even say "if we were down south it would be much warmer", not this time!
Old 12-21-2022, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

It's definitely cold here in Mississippi, and been raining for the past two days. Cold, miserable rain. The heat in the house doesn't really warm it, so we have been burning a lot of firewood. I love fires! We spent last night huddled around one. Our plans are to go to Memphis early Friday. Hope there is no weather emergency to prevent that. Everyone, stay safe and warm!
Old 12-21-2022, 06:10 PM

Some more eye candy to keep everyone warm. Stay safe out there everyone! These blocks were great fun deciding upon and finally getting to put them together!

A Christmas Cactus (#854 Quiltmakers Blocks magazine) for Sewbizgirl. Can you see the cactus flower? It almost looks like crab claws eating up Donald and friends.

Entwined Squares (another Quiltmaker Block pattern) for JayneW. I couldn't figure out how to get that tiny piece of green into the block in a way that looked good.

Hunter's Star for Cheesehead cause I really like the hunter's star block. I tried out a bunch of different fabrics and decided on the orange so it will really work with a fall quilt no matter what.

Native American Sis is a paper-pieced southwestern-themed block for Terriamn. She should look good with the southwestern blocks you've been collecting this boom.

And Lstew2212 gets a pinwheel variation. It started out as something else but I sized it wrong and had to take it apart. So I got creative framing the pinwheel. Such luscious soft pinks and greens!

Tomorrow will be my last drop of eye candy. The burst of creativity on the dining room table has gladded my heart. Thank you all for letting me work on blocks for you!

Attached Thumbnails christmas-cactus-sewbizgirl.jpg   entangled-jaynew.jpg   hunters-star-cheesehead.jpg   native-american-sis-terriamn.jpg   pinwheel-lstew2212.jpg  

Old 12-21-2022, 09:51 PM
Power Poster

What wonderful blocks, Ibex! I LOVE mine, and Terri's girl is too cute! Thank you.
Old 12-22-2022, 05:24 AM

Ibex great blocks, love love my girl. She is very fun
Old 12-22-2022, 12:15 PM

I am glad you all like your blocks!! I loved making them!
Old 12-22-2022, 12:36 PM

And now for the last of my bits of art. When you get your blocks I hope you can feel the joy that I felt while I got my creativity on! I tried new blocks patterns. I used favorite block patterns. I made mistakes in my cutting that I caught long after the fact and so had to improvise. All in all, I am very happy with my explorations on your fabrics. I planned the blocks when I first got the fabric but didn't get to work on them beyond pulling patterns and fabrics until this month. It was a nail biter for me to make sure they got done and mailed to Sewbizgirl on time. But it happened! Thank you all for the entertainment all semester long! This board lends itself well to peace and relaxation in chaotic lives. Thank you, all!

Apron Strings for Have4boys came from one of the Quiltmaker's 100 block magazines. I love how gorgeous it played up that fabric!

Churn Dash for Logcabin82. I hope it is nice and bright for you! This fabric was the one I struggled to find the ideal pattern to show it off. I am glad I remembered Churn Dash blocks because it worked! I dug out the measurements from Quilter's Cache.

Lady of the Lake variation for Rebaquilts. The pattern came from the Fat Quarter Shop. I do love your folk in space fabric! Coming up with "modern" was a tough one for me, like it was for others. But how I loved thinking about it.

Twelve Triangles for mjpEncintas came from a pattern in Quilter's Cache. I didn't do any applique this time but I seriously wanted to give you a bird on creme to match the birds in your fabric. Alas, my artistic abilities do not extend into creating such forms but I will keep on working on it! One day maybe applique will be second nature for me. In the meantime, this block should blend in well with your quilt.

Attached Thumbnails apron-strings-have4boys.jpg   churn-dash-logcabin82.jpg   lady-lake-rebaquilts.jpg   twelve-triangles-mjpencintas.jpg  
Old 12-22-2022, 12:43 PM

Here's a cropped picture of Lady of the Lakes for Rebaquilt.
Attached Thumbnails lady-lake-rebaquilts.jpg  
Old 12-22-2022, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

What a great finish, Ibex! I'm so glad this swap could be a fun place for you to come to during all your hard semester work and caring for your dad! Your blocks are great and I will watch out for them.