Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-09-2023, 05:50 AM

Log, my prayers go up. You and mom need help. Are you getting any? Even someone to bathe him? Or take A few hours? You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of him. I know you know it, but just a reminder that you aren’t alone.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Big hugs, LC! I also think home health care could really help you and your Mom. Will pray for you all, too.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:30 AM

Also sending hugs LogCabin, you and your mom must be exhausted.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
It has been an extremely exhausting week for me and my mom. My dad has late stage Parkinson’s disease and he’s requiring more and more help. We have to monitor his meds because he forgets to take them and when he misses a dose he requires much more hands on care. I’ve been trying to get him to walk a little every day because he has grown weak from sitting so much and he’s bent real forward when he walks. I don’t mind taking care of my dad, but I feel like I’m a nurse 24/7 now, instead of just at work. I’m trying to encourage him as much as possible to walk, because if he ends up in a wheelchair I don’t think mom and I will be able to care for him. I’ve already hurt my back supporting his weight and balance when he walks, so I have a nice big heating pad on right now. My mom doesn’t have the skill set to do nurse care like I do, so this is all very stressful for her and overwhelming, It’s been a very rough week and won’t be getting any easier.
Working full time and caring for a patient is really hard. I did it for my mom and the gals are right, home health care is right around the corner. I have some local contacts I just got from a seniors health care open house my girl friend and I went to. I can drop it off and how about a walker with wheels and a seat? I have one.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:21 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Also sending hugs LogCabin, you and your mom must be exhausted.
Here are a couple more blocks. Each one is the result of an assembly mistake and a re-sew! You'd think at this age I'd slow down and get it right the first time! Hope you like them. All2pieces, yours is a take on the international maritime alphabet flag letter Z which means - "Request a tug" - and T which means "all clear". But not in the right colors so no assistance from other ships!
Attached Thumbnails terriamn.jpg   libster.jpg   all2pieces.jpg  
Old 10-09-2023, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

Pretty blocks, duckling! I see the themes of Terri, Libby and A2P's quilts in them.

Old 10-09-2023, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
Here are a couple more blocks. Each one is the result of an assembly mistake and a re-sew! You'd think at this age I'd slow down and get it right the first time! Hope you like them. All2pieces, yours is a take on the international maritime alphabet flag letter Z which means - "Request a tug" - and T which means "all clear". But not in the right colors so no assistance from other ships!
Love my block. Thank you.
Old 10-09-2023, 12:52 PM

Great quilt blocks Duckling!

Cheese
Old 10-09-2023, 01:19 PM

My final block is Anna’s Dragon block. Anna, I let the fabric do the talking with a very simple block. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails img_4572.jpeg  
Old 10-09-2023, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
It has been an extremely exhausting week for me and my mom. My dad has late stage Parkinson’s disease and he’s requiring more and more help. We have to monitor his meds because he forgets to take them and when he misses a dose he requires much more hands on care. I’ve been trying to get him to walk a little every day because he has grown weak from sitting so much and he’s bent real forward when he walks. I don’t mind taking care of my dad, but I feel like I’m a nurse 24/7 now, instead of just at work. I’m trying to encourage him as much as possible to walk, because if he ends up in a wheelchair I don’t think mom and I will be able to care for him. I’ve already hurt my back supporting his weight and balance when he walks, so I have a nice big heating pad on right now. My mom doesn’t have the skill set to do nurse care like I do, so this is all very stressful for her and overwhelming, It’s been a very rough week and won’t be getting any easier.
Huggs to you and prayers too. I think a lot of us are finding that we are being the care givers to our parents. I hope you can find programs to help even if it's just to give you a short break for yourself.

Last edited by Lstew2212; 10-09-2023 at 02:09 PM.