Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-16-2011, 07:30 AM

Here's an American HC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

And here's an English:

http://www.sewmuse.co.uk/Willcox%20and%20Gibbs.htm

If the above ebay link doesn't work for you (can't use the tinyurl on Quiltingboard), it's item # is 130503468913.

I have one of the electric W & G machines as well, but it's on loan to a friend. I'm pretty sure I would have bid on that Bernina, too! I have never been able to get close enough to one to buy it, though. Folks hang on to Berninas.

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I like the dark green Bernina! Miz Johnny, you got a Wilcox and Gibbs hand crank? What is an American style? I got to go to one sale today between taking care of my animals and doctoring a sick horse for an out of town neighbor. Guess, what we got for $44? Another Wilcox and Gibbs, but this one has a hunkin big motor and a really cute "foot" pedal that is a foot! Also, got the original book and attachments! I'll post pictures tomorrow!

Nancy
Old 04-16-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Miz Johnny - The White caught my eye too. Have you ever seen one like it?? Guess there is another one to add to my list. LOL. Going to an auction tomorrow to take a look at 3-4 SM's and it's suppose to rain cats and dogs.... But if they have a Fire Engine Red SM there it will be worth it. :)
Judy
A friend of mine has one that is similar--I THINK she said it was made in Germany. I'm going to have to ask her about that.
As for the red one, I've been collecting a long time, and other than the red Vikings, I don't believe I've ever seen a red machine.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:36 AM

The Howe is SO worth it!

Originally Posted by greenini
Old 04-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
No brush caps here but I can get them in if you need them, I have to make a stock order in a few days so I will put some of them in with it.

Billy
THanks, just pm me when you have them! :-)
Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 AM

I know, I am room-impared Miz Johnny, should I go rescue it anyway?? Silly question isn't it for this group. I just asked DH if he wanted to go on a road trip tomorrow, we'll see if it's still there. What would one go for if fairly priced?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:05 AM

Hi, sewbizgirl! You saw the same one I did, didn't you!!! I couldn't figure it out until I clicked on it and read the description!! LOL

[quote=sewbizgirl]How many times, in your Craig's list searches, have cars turned up in the search results? I'm so tired of people saying their used cars "run like a sewing machine"! What's up with that, anyway? I sure wouldn't want to drive something that ran like a sewing machine! When did this become such a cliche for a good-running old car? Crazy.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
I know, I am room-impared Miz Johnny, should I go rescue it anyway?? Silly question isn't it for this group. I just asked DH if he wanted to go on a road trip tomorrow, we'll see if it's still there. What would one go for if fairly priced?
Make sure it has it's shuttle and everything works. If so, that's a great price.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 AM

We found out that the 221 has two different size brush caps. So look closely at the one you want to replace. There is a large brush cap and a small cap it depends on where the motor was made. Ask me how I know!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM

That little child's sewing machine is sooo cute. Would be perfect for my granddaughters. Wish he would ship!

This is in Suwanee
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/clt/2326591486.html
Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Chris thanks for posting the pictures. All those machines, that is how I picture Miz Johnny's basement-but of course her's are much closer together.
Awwww--not quite that bad!! MOST of mine are in better shape. (But not all. . . .)

Worked a bit in the basement, getting machines up off floor. Over the past few months, I've pulled out quite a few for one reason or another, and never got back to putting them away.

I'm supposed to be on a sewing machine diet, but some things I just can't resist. I added a Howe A treadle in beautiful condition--it's still in the middle of my LR floor. Also, a W & Gibbs HC--American style--which I'll pick up the end of May. I sold a Necchi 523 and a couple of treadle bases that I'd decided not to use, so I'm ALMOST even. As soon as I get my computer back, I'll list more. I don't seem to be creating any space, though!!

Truth of it is, if I were closer, I'd be there, too; and I DEFINITELY don't need any of those machines!! That honking big White was the one that caught my eye!!
That White did look way cool! Something worth having just to play with.