Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by Bennett
Uh oh. Getting the "I wants" again. Kind of makes me cranky. :lol:

(Okay, it's late, and I still have about 3 more hours of work to go, forgive the punniness).

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2554689223.html
That little beauty is mine!!! She sold it for $40.00. It is in such wonderful condition!!! All she needs is a needle and a bobbin, and a short spa treatment. An original handcrank Model 66k from July 1908.

Texas Jan

More pictures to follow later.
Aww, jealous now! :) :) Congrats--glad it went to a good home. I was going to e-mail this morning (or almost afternoon now) to see if the seller still had it. It looked really nice in the pictures--I definitely want to see when she's had her treatment.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by LindaR
delaylady, I love that table...I'd pay $50 for just the table...
The table is fantastic, actually the table is what sold me! When I got it home I got to admire it more - it's really beautiful. It's made out of oak. The man was a wood worker so it wasn't just something thrown together. It sews really nice - and I figured out how to drop the feed dogs (manuals are great). There is a lot more room under the harp than any of my other machines. It will look prettier (and run even better) when I oil it and wipe it gook off - not that there is a lot of gook!
She is a beauty indeed!!! Congratulations on such a wonderful machine.

Billy
Old 08-20-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
The table is fantastic, actually the table is what sold me! When I got it home I got to admire it more - it's really beautiful. It's made out of oak. The man was a wood worker so it wasn't just something thrown together. It sews really nice - and I figured out how to drop the feed dogs (manuals are great). There is a lot more room under the harp than any of my other machines. It will look prettier (and run even better) when I oil it and wipe it gook off - not that there is a lot of gook!
That table is such a great idea. I have to put that in my "neat idea" file. The price was a steal too! It makes you see just how important these sewing machines were to people and how proud they were of them.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Quilt Mom, mine has done the same thing...and then turns around and points out various machines and asks if I want them! :lol: Thanks for the lemon bars!! One of my favs!!
Charlee I had to put my foot down on buying machines myself, not because of lack of space or anything but I have at least 10 treadles I need to restore so I can bring them into my house for display. Being sick like I have been gives me lots of time to look at CL and buy machines I dont need. :lol:

Billy
Old 08-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Banned

Look what I found on Craigslist in Dallas. She asked $50, but when I talked to her, she said she would take $40 because it wasn't a machine you could really sew on. These are before pictures. She needs a good oiling, but I don't think she will need a full kerosene spa treatment.
If this Dallas 100 + degree weather ever goes away, I'll be cleaning machines for weeks.

Texas Jan :-D
Jan that is a gorgeous machine and one heck of a deal!! I am glad you were able to get it and the decals are wonderful!!

Billy
Old 08-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lee231
Picked this up this morning at the local SA store. T
And you got a great deal on one of the best Singers made!

Billy
Old 08-20-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Quilt Mom, mine has done the same thing...and then turns around and points out various machines and asks if I want them! :lol: Thanks for the lemon bars!! One of my favs!!
Charlee I had to put my foot down on buying machines myself, not because of lack of space or anything but I have at least 10 treadles I need to restore so I can bring them into my house for display. Being sick like I have been gives me lots of time to look at CL and buy machines I dont need. :lol:

Billy

Has it done you any good Billy? (Putting your foot down)
Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

Billy

Has it done you any good Billy? (Putting your foot down)

I had to put my foot down and it is tearing me up... Had to pass on a few cool ones lately. The PI and work has me down.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:56 AM

Look what I found on Craigslist in Dallas. She asked $50, but when I talked to her, she said she would take $40 because it wasn't a machine you could really sew on. These are before pictures. She needs a good oiling, but I don't think she will need a full kerosene spa treatment.
If this Dallas 100 + degree weather ever goes away, I'll be cleaning machines for weeks.

Texas Jan :-D
Jan that is a gorgeous machine and one heck of a deal!! I am glad you were able to get it and the decals are wonderful!!

Billy
I was blessed. A friend and I drove 90 miles each way to pick her up. She has hardly been used, at least the decals look that way. The oak box isn't original, but it is sturdy and in good shape.

Texas Jan
Old 08-20-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by lee231
DD picked this up at an auction, 2 of 2 Minnesota 'B'
$20 Today she inform me that she spotted a National Two Spool for $30, will have to go look at that one, she says it in rough shape.
That Minnesota will clean up great!! Can't wait to see it. Did you get the 2 spools? Talk to Bojangles...she has 1 or 2.
Yep, I have two of those great Two Spools and I love them both. Monica, Vintagemotif, also has two of the Two Spools. We both use our Two Spools for all our piecing. The Two Spool makes it so easy to piece first because you have two spools of thread so your time spent changing the bobbin is greatly reduced, and second that original foot on the Two Spools is exactly 1/4"! How can you beat that!

Nancy
Probably a dumb question, but why, oh why, did they quit making two spools??? Seems to me they should have been the wave of the future. Crazy! I get so tired of sewing and getting into it and finally notice three feet back I ran out of bobbin thread! Happens way too frequently!