Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by lee231
DD picked this up at an auction, 2 of 2 Minnesota 'B'
$20 Today she inform me that she spotted a National Two Spool for $30, will have to go look at that one, she says it in rough shape.
That Minnesota will clean up great!! Can't wait to see it. Did you get the 2 spools? Talk to Bojangles...she has 1 or 2.
Yep, I have two of those great Two Spools and I love them both. Monica, Vintagemotif, also has two of the Two Spools. We both use our Two Spools for all our piecing. The Two Spool makes it so easy to piece first because you have two spools of thread so your time spent changing the bobbin is greatly reduced, and second that original foot on the Two Spools is exactly 1/4"! How can you beat that!

Nancy
Probably a dumb question, but why, oh why, did they quit making two spools??? Seems to me they should have been the wave of the future. Crazy! I get so tired of sewing and getting into it and finally notice three feet back I ran out of bobbin thread! Happens way too frequently!
Yes, if they had combined the two spools idea with the Davis Vertical Feed walking foot idea, that would be all we'd need in a sewing machine, well, almost.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Bennett
Uh oh. Getting the "I wants" again. Kind of makes me cranky. :lol:

(Okay, it's late, and I still have about 3 more hours of work to go, forgive the punniness).

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2554689223.html
OMG!!! I would be all over that one in a heartbeat!

Billy

You are such an enabler, Billy!! When I come home with "new" machines I tell my DH it's your fault!! LOL! Hope you are feeling some better! If you see anything in Iowa you'd love to have, I could store it for ya'! LOL! Then I could just tell DH "it's not mine! I'm just holding it for Billy!!" LOL!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Quilt Mom, mine has done the same thing...and then turns around and points out various machines and asks if I want them! :lol: Thanks for the lemon bars!! One of my favs!!
Charlee I had to put my foot down on buying machines myself, not because of lack of space or anything but I have at least 10 treadles I need to restore so I can bring them into my house for display. Being sick like I have been gives me lots of time to look at CL and buy machines I dont need. :lol:

Billy

Has it done you any good Billy? (Putting your foot down)
Sorta I am being a little more selective now but I am getting into the industrials and I am starting to find ones in the 1800's which make it way tempting. But these doctor bills are helping me restrain myself a bit....... :roll:

Billy

Billy
Old 08-20-2011, 10:51 AM

Billy you must be in your golden years with the doctor bills. Do you know why it is called your golden years? It is because your doctor gets all your gold. lol Kathie
Old 08-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Interesting article by Harry Rinker!!

http://www.worthpoint.com/blog-entry...llecting-grief
Very - we're all kinda in the same boat, wouldn't you say? LOL
Old 08-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Billy you must be in your golden years with the doctor bills. Do you know why it is called your golden years? It is because your doctor gets all your gold. lol Kathie
LOL Thats about how I feel right now, but I am only 45. :-P

Billy
Old 08-20-2011, 12:50 PM

A GREAT deal.
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by LindaR
delaylady, I love that table...I'd pay $50 for just the table...
The table is fantastic, actually the table is what sold me! When I got it home I got to admire it more - it's really beautiful. It's made out of oak. The man was a wood worker so it wasn't just something thrown together. It sews really nice - and I figured out how to drop the feed dogs (manuals are great). There is a lot more room under the harp than any of my other machines. It will look prettier (and run even better) when I oil it and wipe it gook off - not that there is a lot of gook!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Suzi
Interesting article by Harry Rinker!! http://www.worthpoint.com/blog-entry...llecting-grief
Very - we're all kinda in the same boat, wouldn't you say? LOL
I know I am with both machines and fabric. Not to mention all my kitchen pots and pans and gadgets that I use fairly frequently.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
That's a nice machine, but I would be going for the Davis NVF instead if I didn't already own two Davis NVFs.

[url=http://modesto.craigslist.org/atq/2526424570.html
http://modesto.craigslist.org/atq/2526424570.html[/url]
Oh, I would love to get this machine. But too far away. Anyone want to foster for me????

Lisa
Wish I was close enough!! I'd foster it for you! Of course, you might not ever get to pick it up, but I'd call it yours!! :lol:
Why are all the pretty machines at least 1,500 miles away?? No fair,no fair.!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by LindaR
delaylady, I love that table...I'd pay $50 for just the table...
The table is fantastic, actually the table is what sold me! When I got it home I got to admire it more - it's really beautiful. It's made out of oak. The man was a wood worker so it wasn't just something thrown together. It sews really nice - and I figured out how to drop the feed dogs (manuals are great). There is a lot more room under the harp than any of my other machines. It will look prettier (and run even better) when I oil it and wipe it gook off - not that there is a lot of gook!
I love my 201! I wish modern machines had that kind of space, it seems like they're mostly tiny and the vertical space is really short too.
Sharon W.