Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 AM

Someone was looking for a drop leaf support for a treadle cabinet. Here is one on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-SEWIN...item43a9185071
Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
My CL Find--Is an AG Mason Golden Star machine and cabinet. I got it for $65.00, so I was very pleased. Now I need to know how old it is. The serial number is 5138598. I know there was some sort of relationship to White Sewing machines.

Anyone have any information for me???

Texas Jan
Jan, that's a beautiful machine you got!! Happy treadle-ing!!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I missed the Toga today. :cry: A childhood friend died and I went to his services today. I did not get home until 3 and there was a grassfire somewhere so my Asthma was acting up and I have to stay in the house until the air clears. Kathie
Kathie we missed you!! Quiltncowgirl and I drove up on Friday evening and had so much fun with all the folks on Saturday. About 20 there, plus about twice that many machines brought in. The hostess had about 2 billion machines in her place!! LOL Not really, but certainly several hundred. Learned a lot, got to put a handcrank on my 99 and spent time with some fun people.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I missed the Toga today. :cry: A childhood friend died and I went to his services today. I did not get home until 3 and there was a grassfire somewhere so my Asthma was acting up and I have to stay in the house until the air clears. Kathie
Kathie we missed you! I finally got to meet Monica (Vintagemotiff), Janice (Jljack), and Sheryl (QuiltnCowGirl)!
Our friend, Loretta, came with me and she ended up buying the most pristine Spartan, that was modified to a handcrank, I have ever seen! Not a scratch on that machine. She also got a buttonholer, ruffler, and some bobbins! I would have bought that Spartan if Loretta hadn't! Monica demonstrated her machine dust covers and did a fantastic job! There were tons of machines to oogle over, lots of food, demo's on attachments, lot's of conversions from motors to handcranks going on - a good time. I was drooling over a W&W #9 hand crank and a Jones hand crank!

Nancy
Nancy, it was so fun meeting you and Monica and all the others there. Everyone was so helpful and generous with their time and expertise. My next "want" is a Davis VF after seeing and trying Monica's. It was so fun...I know I said that, but really, it was SO FUN!!! :-)
Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 AM

Listing on eBay for "small treadle base", and then the following description:

Singer Cast Iron And Steel Treadle Sewing Machine Base Bottom Looks Good 20 1/2"-11 1/2" !!!!

Is this truly "small"? I am at work so can't measure mine. If it's small, what would fit on it? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack

Singer Cast Iron And Steel Treadle Sewing Machine Base Bottom Looks Good 20 1/2"-11 1/2" !!!!

Is this truly "small"? I am at work so can't measure mine. If it's small, what would fit on it? Thanks!
What did they measure? What direction is the measurement? is that at the bottom or the top. Is it horizontal or vertical?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by jljack

What did they measure? What direction is the measurement? is that at the bottom or the top. Is it horizontal or vertical?

Don't know. That's how it's listed.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:58 AM

Both of my treadles are small machines and the bases are 16.5 by 21.5 measured at their footprint. That would be a very narrow base.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
Both of my treadles are small machines and the bases are 16.5 by 21.5 measured at their footprint. That would be a very narrow base.
My singer is 22 X 12 at the top of the iron. Is there a wood top with it? I wonder if it was for something else?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by irishrose
My singer is 22 X 12 at the top of the iron. Is there a wood top with it? I wonder if it was for something else?
Yeah, no cabinet, just the irons. Mystery!!