Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-12-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Actually the Texas State Fair is the rarest one I believe. Singer did up a few special badges through the years as a promotion to expos, state fairs, and so forth. But I would not give anything more than $500 for it.

Billy
I would not give anything over $150...I'm really cheap! :lol:
For me it's still a FW, just different costume jewelry.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by lovelyl
I just put in an offer on a Singer 319W. Green one:> We'll see if it'll be coming home with me tomorrow....
Ouch! I was thinking about bidding on that one on ebay, but will defer to you! Don't want to fight with a fellow quilter!!!! I hope you get it so I can enjoy it vicariously through you! I also have my eye on a 328... :thumbup:
No, I put in an offer on a local one...$40. We'll see if they accept. The one on ebay is too much for me!
Yeah, the price is why I have been hesitating also. Wow - hope you get it for $40!!! Keep us posted.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I'd LOVE to have that machine!! Always said I didn't have a need for more than one FW, or any other model, but I'd snag it if I could talk him/her down in price! It's not worth THAT much, but with the special badge, would be worth more than the norm....
These FW don't come with any real GOLD badges. So, I don't see the point of the high price just because it's a special badge....BUT, I do understand those folks that like to collect those special badges. And if they want to pay that price and it makes them feel good then let them enjoy the moment.
I'm not there. It would be interesting to see the badge, but I have no interest in the machine since I have a FW already. Now, if MUV's Vickers was sitting next to that FW, I would be drooling over the Vickers...that's just me.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:47 AM

I see all the new SingerCo links, but is there any that will still tell me the "born on" dates? You know, the ones that listed month/year and what the model was and how many were commissioned.

What happened to those pages?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Well, it isn't poison ivy but Virginia Creeper that's all over me. It responds to nothing. Dr. says it is a whole lot more intense than PI. And we do have it all over the yard... I've never had anything like this. DH has it too. We have never been into Round Up but I'm thinking we will give it a sporting chance. I just figured it was poison ivy since it is also all over the yard. There was even a vine of PI growing in the living room window. See my blog. If I could I would sew - too much misery. LOL
Miriam, having worked for the county's noxious weed dept. (hence the name weedwoman) I know that roundup (which is a trade name and you can get generic cheaper, it's called glyphosate) but we had ppl deal with PI and they had to spray with Tordon, which is a restricted chemical, and then they had to cut the PI and treat the stumps to totally get rid of it. Talk to your local extension agent or to your county noxious weed man and see what they recommend to help you out.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I see all the new SingerCo links, but is there any that will still tell me the "born on" dates? You know, the ones that listed month/year and what the model was and how many were commissioned.

Here they are again - look to the right and click on the letter(s)
of the series (in red) for the dates and numbers:

single letter prefix:
http://www.singerco.com/support/mach...rsSingleLetter

double letter prefix:
http://www.singerco.com/support/mach...rsDoubleLetter
Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady

single letter prefix:

double letter prefix:

THANKS! Yanno, I was probably looking for one that dont exist..lol. Was there one for the No Letter numbers?

Which really doesnt' matter now anyway. I was texting with a gal that posted a yardsale on CL and she had an old RedEye in a (modern) case and she only gave me numbers. It didn't have a motor or a crank so I'm not sure "how' they were manually using it..lol. But she sold it. My loss but hey, I'm at work, not much I could do about it :)

The decals looked great though.......(but I know pictures can be deceiptful!)
Old 08-12-2011, 10:25 AM

single letter prefix:

double letter prefix:

THANKS! Yanno, I was probably looking for one that dont exist..lol. Was there one for the No Letter numbers?

Which really doesnt' matter now anyway. I was texting with a gal that posted a yardsale on CL and she had an old RedEye in a (modern) case and she only gave me numbers. It didn't have a motor or a crank so I'm not sure "how' they were manually using it..lol. But she sold it. My loss but hey, I'm at work, not much I could do about it :)

The decals looked great though.......(but I know pictures can be deceiptful!)
Sorry- here's the one with no letters, but they only have years, not months and days, but those are older ones. :

http://www.singerco.com/support/mach...umbersNoLetter

If it doesn't have a motor or crank it probably went into a treadle base - just a guess, maybe it had a motor removed - oh well.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
I just put in an offer on a Singer 319W. Green one:> We'll see if it'll be coming home with me tomorrow....
Ouch! I was thinking about bidding on that one on ebay, but will defer to you! Don't want to fight with a fellow quilter!!!! I hope you get it so I can enjoy it vicariously through you! I also have my eye on a 328... :thumbup:
No, I put in an offer on a local one...$40. We'll see if they accept. The one on ebay is too much for me!
319s are great machines. I cleaned one up a few years ago that had been in one of those white plastic cases and in a very damp environment. It was literally dripping rust. Took forever to get it running again. I hope you both find one.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Sorry- here's the one with no letters, but they only have years, not months and days, but those are older ones. :

http://www.singerco.com/support/mach...umbersNoLetter

If it doesn't have a motor or crank it probably went into a treadle base - just a guess, maybe it had a motor removed - oh well.
Yeah I was going to treadle it. It was just funny because it was in a modern case and she said it was not electric it was manual. There was no hand crank so i'm not sure if they were manually turning it by hand in that modern case...lol