Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned

Oh here is my new machine I just have to pick it up when the young lady gets home Tuesday. I will post photos of it when I get it home, but it is a Wilcox and Gibbs industrial. Good thing I have about 6000 needles for this one!! :P

Billy

Can we say W&G # 2 for me!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234126[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-234120.jpe  
Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 AM

Wow, I can't wait to see your photos when you get her home. I've not yet seen a W&G in real life, but I keep looking.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Picked this up for a friend. Looks like a commercial version of the 130. Pretty neat treadle. Anyone seen a 130 like this?
Tommie
I've only seen these in photos. But all the photos I've seen look like this one. Though it may be missing the light? Hard to tell by the photo. Also does it have the embroidery attachment? I had contemplated getting one but will have to wait until Hubby's back is turned. He already thinks I have an addiction.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 AM

You say "addiction" like it's a bad thing. LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 AM

I took a detour home after church today and followed a garage sale signs. there was a street sale - nothing looked too interesting in my drive by - until I saw a house that had some older stuff out front and the promise of more in the back. Well, I probably should have stayed in the car, but, I got out and immediately spotted a poor neglected sewing machine on the ground. As I was looking it over, being the last day, the woman offered it to me as a door stop or garden ornament - just take it away. I felt bad for it so it followed me home. The wheel turns freely and the needle goes up and down. It's missing its shuttle, here is is uncleaned. I'll clean it up, but it won't go in the garden. If I can find a shuttle and a bobbin, I'll stick a hand crank on it - if that is even possible.

Minnesota Model B, serial # D1415897
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234227[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-234221.jpe  
Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
You say "addiction" like it's a bad thing. LOL
Yes, if I had a shrink ray to make these machines smaller I could hide them easier!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH
Does anyone have an opinion on this machine:
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?itemid=8290117
I have the high (and only) bid right now. It ends in an hour and I'm just wondering if I should be willing to go higher than the $25.

On another note, I was looking at machines last night with my husband looking over my shoulder and he's now completely into finding a machine! Yee haw!
I have 66-1 Red Eye(101 yrs) that's considerably older than the one in the Good Will auction. They are good machines, I really like mine.
Sharon W.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
I took a detour home after church today and followed a garage sale signs. there was a street sale - nothing looked too interesting in my drive by - until I saw a house that had some older stuff out front and the promise of more in the back. Well, I probably should have stayed in the car, but, I got out and immediately spotted a poor neglected sewing machine on the ground. As I was looking it over, being the last day, the woman offered it to me as a door stop or garden ornament - just take it away. I felt bad for it so it followed me home. The wheel turns freely and the needle goes up and down. It's missing its shuttle, here is is uncleaned. I'll clean it up, but it won't go in the garden. If I can find a shuttle and a bobbin, I'll stick a hand crank on it - if that is even possible.
I like it !! Send a picture showing the wheel end and I can tell you if I think It can be hand cranked.

Texas Jan
Old 07-31-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by tomilu
Picked this up for a friend. Looks like a commercial version of the 130. Pretty neat treadle. Anyone seen a 130 like this?
Tommie
I've only seen these in photos. But all the photos I've seen look like this one. Though it may be missing the light? Hard to tell by the photo. Also does it have the embroidery attachment? I had contemplated getting one but will have to wait until Hubby's back is turned. He already thinks I have an addiction.
no, just 3 additional feet and no light.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by deplaylady
I like it !! Send a picture showing the wheel end and I can tell you if I think It can be hand cranked.

Texas Jan
If you do it will not be an after market one, it will be one from the original manufacturer.

Billy