Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 05-18-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I am cutting my own stencil. Copy the Singer logo from another case. Just using brilliant gold paint and a stencil brush with a little shellac over it to protect it and it looks just like the original Glenn

Ah--I see. Please post when you get it done.

Texas Jan[/quote]

Jan I will do that but after all the storm clean up my wife and I are going camping for a week, leaving on Friday and will post when I get back. Just need to get away and rest. Glenn

Glenn 05-18-2011 03:52 PM

Sorry for the double post. My clicker finger gets carried away sometimes Glenn

roseOfsharon 05-18-2011 04:01 PM

9 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Glenn

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn

Just lovely Glenn! I have a case like that to my latest ...99 it is in need of work. someone I think pried the case off and I am thinking I will have to get some hindge like closures to fix it. I will post a picture of it soon. The 99 is posted a page back. It needs some parts. Hoping she works!

Rose, take a pic of the under side of the top so I can see the front and back hardware so I can check out the damage. I don't know why people pry the case open when a small flat head screwdriver will unlock the case. Glenn

Ok Glenn, I will take a picture in few minutes and post here!

Top right side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198884[/ATTACH]

right side of bottom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198886[/ATTACH]

Top where key goes!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198888[/ATTACH]

Left side of base
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198889[/ATTACH]

Right side of base
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198890[/ATTACH]

Front of top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198891[/ATTACH]

right side of case top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198893[/ATTACH]

HanNatNana 05-18-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Billy, this might seem like a ridiculous question but I thought that some place I read about someone taking two vintage machines and making the right cuts, etc. to make a longarm machine out of it. Have you ever heard of that? Or, would you recommend someone who wants to play around with two machines to make a make-shift longarm? :oops: :oops:

I'm not Billy but in the Brother PQ1500S group one of the ladies had her machine stretched so I'd say it could be done to vintage machines as well.

I'm on my way out to an appointment just now but will post photos later, if you want?

Bronwyn ;-)

SewExtremeSeams 05-18-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Billy, this might seem like a ridiculous question but I thought that some place I read about someone taking two vintage machines and making the right cuts, etc. to make a longarm machine out of it. Have you ever heard of that? Or, would you recommend someone who wants to play around with two machines to make a make-shift longarm? :oops: :oops:

I'm not Billy but in the Brother PQ1500S group one of the ladies had her machine stretched so I'd say it could be done to vintage machines as well.

I'm on my way out to an appointment just now but will post photos later, if you want?

Bronwyn ;-)

Sounds good. What is the Brother PQ1500S group? I haven't heard of that. Will look forward to your posted photos. Thanks. :-D

Crossstitcher 05-18-2011 04:32 PM

Can anyone tell me real quick if the singer 500 will do monagraming. I know it uses cams but I am interested in the monagraming.
Thanks

miriam 05-18-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Can anyone tell me real quick if the singer 500 will do monagraming.
Thanks

It will monogram if you can find a monogramer. It is pretty limited though. I have one - I haven't made it work so far

Crossstitcher 05-18-2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Thanks

It will monogram if you can find a monogramer. It is pretty limited though. I have one - I haven't made it work so far

Thanks but what does the monogramer look like. I don't remember ever seeing one.

miriam 05-18-2011 04:38 PM

Thanks

Thanks but what does the monogramer look like. I don't remember ever seeing one.

looks a lot like a buttonholer

Crossstitcher 05-18-2011 04:41 PM

Thanks

looks a lot like a buttonholer

So if I had that attachment I would be able to attach it to any machine?