Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I have a full-sized Pfaff treadle #30, but I certainly didn't give that much for it!!

Miz Johnny please post a picture!

Nancy

When I get it out from under it's protective covering of fabric, I will do that!!
I went away for the long weekend, and came back to 24 unread pages!! You kids settle down and go to sleep so I can get some rest!!
I can't wait to see what that Pfaff looks like! I hope to find a Pfaff treadle someday!

Nancy
Old 02-22-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
Well, just got my first treadle machine! I know, I wanted a 15-88 but I couldn't pass up this 66 Red Eye. She's a 90 year old in very good condition. Better than I hoped to find. Needs a few little parts, belt of course, bobbin winder tire, etc. and a regular presser foot! That one was gone. I hope Billy can fill my list. I will pm him and ask. Can't wait to sew on this sweet thing. :thumbup:
She looks like she's in great condition. Much cleaner than mine was when I got her. Congratulations.
Thanks, yes she is very nice. Was very dry inside and tight but a good oiling and she's spinning like a top. This is the before pic and she has NO rust, just oil residue and lint. The cabinet is also very nice. I know I can give her the next 10 years to get her to 100!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 PM

Well, just got my first treadle machine! I know, I wanted a 15-88 but I couldn't pass up this 66 Red Eye. She's a 90 year old in very good condition. Better than I hoped to find. Needs a few little parts, belt of course, bobbin winder tire, etc. and a regular presser foot! That one was gone. I hope Billy can fill my list. I will pm him and ask. Can't wait to sew on this sweet thing. :thumbup:
Farmstitcher, beautiful Redeye! Will she be another Lucy?

Nancy
Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
The decals look very good for a senior lady, lol. If Billy can't help you with everything, I may be able to help.
Thanks tomilu, I don't need much, but the major item is the missing regular presser foot. It was lost. I hope to find one for this back clamp, thumb screw in the back, machine.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Does any one have a T No 3 machine? I really need to see the threading diagram, but I think even if I'd threaded it wrong it should pick up the shuttle thread?

Nancy

What size needles are you using? Many New Home machines take 20 X 1 needles instead of the standard 15 X 1.
I am using the Boye # 4 isn't that a 20x1? I even tried a regular Schmetz just adjusting it up and down the needle shaft? I can't get that little machine to pick up the bobbin thread nor sew. Miz Johnny any suggestions?

Nancy
Old 02-22-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Nancy
Nope, her name is "Miss Peggy". The lady that I got her from was given the machine by her sister, Peggy and I had a sweet, little old substitute teacher in the 7th grade whose name was hard to pronounce, so she had us call her Miss Peggy. Everyone just loved her to death. So, Miss Peggy it is.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by scrapykate
Can you help? this machine needs a #6 round leather belt. It's a Willcox and Gibbs machine. what's the best way to clean her up as well? Need instruction book...
That is a beautiful Wilcox and Gibbs. I just got one a couple weeks ago or so, and I ordered some needles off of e-bay for it. Here is a site that might help you with information on the W&Gs http://www.sewalot.com/willcox_gibbs.htm. How do you know you need a #6 round leather belt? What is the difference between a #6 and a normal treadle belt? Doesn't it just take a regular treadle belt?

Nancy
Old 02-22-2011, 02:55 PM

Nancy

Nope, her name is "Miss Peggy". The lady that I got her from was given the machine by her sister, Peggy and I had a sweet, little old substitute teacher in the 7th grade whose name was hard to pronounce, so she had us call her Miss Peggy. Everyone just loved her to death. So, Miss Peggy it is.
Love it!

Nancy
Old 02-22-2011, 03:01 PM

That is one beautiful machine. Enjoy it. Kathie
Old 02-22-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by scrapykate
Can you help? this machine needs a #6 round leather belt. It's a Willcox and Gibbs machine. what's the best way to clean her up as well? Need instruction book...
Scrapykate, I think the Willcox and Gibbs machines like yours are so fascinating. Love it.
Linda