Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-20-2011, 03:59 PM

First off~~~

Judy: Green Sphinx Update: Pictures ~~WoW, WoW! Gorgeous machine and love the decals. :-D

And, your Japan 15 clone~~little black dress~~what a looker! :thumbup:

Greenini: I didn't know you could get a walking presser foot for a FW. I will definitely have to look into that. Thanks for showing and identifying all of the accessories. :-D
Old 05-20-2011, 04:04 PM

I like the cat, Greenini (I'm a cat lover), and of course the attachments :lol:
Old 05-20-2011, 04:12 PM

Need hinge pin for Okiepastor's little 99 in the bentwood case. I can swap the larger hinge pins that I have for a small one to fit hers.
Tommie
Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 PM

There are 2 types of "original" walking feet. I found this one on our trip last year, it got lost in the van and DH brought it upstairs. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I doubt it was over $20...last one I saw on ebay went off for $585. The other type is lower white and boxy.

This one is great, I spent about a week fooling around with it, it is just so CUTE it waddles just like a penguin, hence the name.

We think Ray is cute, too, thanks he's all curled up beside me sound asleep looking very serious.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:08 PM

In the beginning of the week, I posted that the bobbin "throat plate" just goes around in my FW and tonight it the first I've been able to get to it. Someone told me the "finger" needed to be put in the "notch". That appears to be the problem, but I can't get the throat plate out. I have no idea how it came out to begin with. I have never removed it. So how do I get it out to put it back in correctly??
Old 05-20-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

try www.sewclassic.com - Jenny has a lot of parts, good prices, she is quick sending things and she has reasonable shipping prices. Jenny also has a LOT of good info on her site- if you don't see it you can ask - at least her site says so. She will answer questions too. I learned a lot from her site.
Thanks, I will try the site. Pat
Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew wishful
In the beginning of the week, I posted that the bobbin "throat plate" just goes around in my FW and tonight it the first I've been able to get to it. Someone told me the "finger" needed to be put in the "notch". That appears to be the problem, but I can't get the throat plate out. I have no idea how it came out to begin with. I have never removed it. So how do I get it out to put it back in correctly??
do you have a manual?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:54 PM

do you have a manual?
I do, but it doesn't show me how to remove it. Just to be sure it's inserted correctly if you should remove it. LOL! Driving me crazy!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:13 PM

do you have a manual?
I do, but it doesn't show me how to remove it. Just to be sure it's inserted correctly if you should remove it. LOL! Driving me crazy!
I might be turned around on my 'replies' and 'quote replies' but back on page 1061 Miriam wrote:

check out page 8 or 9 in the operator manual
http://www.singer-featherweight.com/...es/singfea.pdf

Figure 12 look at B2 and A2
Then on the next page there is a "CAUTION: If the throat plate is removed for cleaning the stitch forming mechanism, etc., make certain when replacing the throat plate that the position finger (A2) enters the notch (B2) of the position plate attached to the under side of the throat plate."

those old manuals have a lot of info - it might pay to check in there

I am having the same problem and couldn't tell from the tiny diagrams in the original manual that came with my FW.

Sewwww, I have printed it out and am going to try it after we eat dinner here pretty soon. I like that the online manual shows the diagram much larger and also, that I can go on to the computer if it isn't big enough and increase the percentage size of the text by clicking on (in the lower right hand corner of my screen) and increase the percentage size even larger. Maybe you and I will both be succcessful using this online manual. Let me know how it works for you. :-D
Old 05-20-2011, 06:27 PM

Can anybody tell me something about Elna Lotus SP?