Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-24-2011, 02:33 PM

What IS that 2nd machine--looks interesting!
Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Anyone want to take a guess why they would have an electric machine sitting on top of a treadle and then say its powered by foot.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/fuo/2509955487.html

I guess pressing the pedel is powered by foot lol
Old 07-24-2011, 02:35 PM

I really like the Singer toy machines. Has anyone had any luck in finding one at a good price. I've only seen them on ebay, and what is considered a good price for these?
Thank you, Anamaria
Old 07-24-2011, 02:41 PM

Ah---my soul sister!!
THIS is how it happens. You have 100 machines? People look at you like you're nuts. You try to tell them you're a COLLECTOR, but people think of collections as, well--spoons or thimbles. Something nice and small. But sewing machines?? There must be something WRONG with you.

I am having a yard sale next weekend if the weather is OK, so will try to take some pictures after that. Then you will see the problem. And tell me to have another yard sale.

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
My DH said he would bring his truck and some mint tea!! Then when we get through with yours you all can come and help with ours. I think we have about 100 machines to go through.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
How long can you stay? I'm expecting this to take at least another 5 years.
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I'm coming over to help you clean your basement!!!! :)
We'll work in shifts!! I wanna play...er...ah...."work" too!! :lol:
Haahahaaa! OMG! How big is that basement?! I'm a diligent worker; maybe it could be done in less time. :)
With Charlee helping and others maybe we could be finished
within a week!
I'll even bring food!
My DH said he would bring his truck and some mint tea!! Then when we get through with yours you all can come and help with ours. I think we have about 100 machines to go through.
I could do this! I love mint tea!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
My new White Family Rotary, serial number FR 2962604. It came with lots of nifty attachments, now all I need is a manual!
Love the cabinet! Very NICE find!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Ah---my soul sister!!
THIS is how it happens. You have 100 machines? People look at you like you're nuts. You try to tell them you're a COLLECTOR, but people think of collections as, well--spoons or thimbles. Something nice and small. But sewing machines?? There must be something WRONG with you.

I am having a yard sale next weekend if the weather is OK, so will try to take some pictures after that. Then you will see the problem. And tell me to have another yard sale.

Yes people do look at us like we are nuts. Then say how many machines can you sew on at one time? I tell them DH oils them up and cleans them and I sew on them. I can sew on about 95 of them some are parts machines. They still think we are nuts. Then the next question is where do you put them all. We have them here and there but DH built a building to store them and built me a sewing studio and I will have five in there plus the ones not in a cabinet.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:15 PM

You guys really have me going now; I haven't quilted in 2 days!

Does anyone know what this is? I am getting it this week for $15. Looks like a good restoration project. One of the pics shows the beginning of the serial number starting with C. Is this a 66 from 1908? Thanks for any feedback!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231198.jpe   attachment-231199.jpe   attachment-231200.jpe   attachment-231201.jpe  
Old 07-24-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf

Does anyone know what this is? I am getting it this week for $15. Looks like a good restoration project. One of the pics shows the beginning of the serial number starting with C. Is this a 66 from 1908? Thanks for any feedback!
It's a redeye 66.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu

It's a redeye 66.
Thank you Tomilu. I think I have contracted what you all have!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:24 PM

Very nice machine and yes it is a 66 Red Eye. My favorite machine.
Glenn