Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Look what followed me home and in the back door.....

She's from 1951. I need a drink before I face the music ;)
I really like your machine. Did it cost you much.... oh yeah, forgot... it followed you home. Never mind. :D
Old 06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Darcene
Ok, time to educate me.....how is the 201 better/different from a 66?
The 201 has a rotary bobbin; the 66 is oscillating. There are other differences, but that's the easiest one to name. The 201 has been frequently described as the best machine Singer has ever made, and sometimes people go on to say the best machine ever made, period. The difference between Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagon!
Thanks. That is a big difference. I thought the rating was pretty high for a Singer 15-91 also?

I have been looking in four cities today. I see sew many machines that are not selling. Who will rescue them? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Billy's gonna save them all!!!! ;)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by BKinCO
Look what followed me home and in the back door.....

She's from 1951. I need a drink before I face the music ;)
I really like your machine. Did it cost you much.... oh yeah, forgot... it followed you home. Never mind. :D
Well................it was cheaper than my Janome 6600 ;)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM

[/quote]

Thanks. That is a big difference. I thought the rating was pretty high for a Singer 15-91 also?

I have been looking in four cities today. I see sew many machines that are not selling. Who will rescue them? :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]

The 15-91 is one of the machines that started me down this path of no return. I like the class 15 machines because they will sew through darn near anything. The 201 is a little more "fiddly" (as a matter of fact, my treadle 201 is out of commission right now, but I think all it needs is a new tension spring), but there's nothing any smoother. The 15's will take more abuse, but run a little heavier. I've heard the 201 described as "The Dressmaker's Machine" and the 15-91 as the "Tailor's Machine". And for the record, I have a 15-91, a 15-88 (treadle), a 15 HC and two 115's. Plus spares, just in case.

:thumbup:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM

Know what you mean BKinCO. I am pretty sure that I have spent less on all of the vintage machines that I have than my husband spent on my 2004 Bernina Artista 200. Which he bought off of good ole CL!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Just wanted to post how a Featherweight was delivered to me buy the USPS. I was told by a USPS supervisor that the first insurance claim was lost in the mail. The resubmitted claim was denied, because the box was not crushed enough. Is it USPS policy to turn down all claims the first time through or is it because I got a little upset hearing my claim was lost in the mail.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83084.jpe  
Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned

OMG Ken, is that a huge crack??? What a shame! Gotta love the USPS...I swear you can't trust any of them!

Originally Posted by KenZ
Just wanted to post how a Featherweight was delivered to me buy the USPS. I was told by a USPS supervisor that the first insurance claim was lost in the mail. The resubmitted claim was denied, because the box was not crushed enough. Is it USPS policy to turn down all claims the first time through or is it because I got a little upset hearing my claim was lost in the mail.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

The 15's will take more abuse, but run a little heavier. I've heard the 201 described as "The Dressmaker's Machine" and the 15-91 as the "Tailor's Machine". And for the record, I have a 15-91, a 15-88 (treadle), a 15 HC and two 115's. Plus spares, just in case. :thumbup:
Miz Johnny, you are way ahead of me in the 15s. I have a wonderful 15-91 in a blonde cabinet with a cute little stool.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:47 PM

Has anyone heard of a Vertical Feed treadle sewing machine?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83089.jpe  
Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
EC

Originally Posted by KenZ
Sorry you have to deal with that. I'd be spittin' wooden nickels by now!!!