Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-17-2010, 05:14 PM

Hey no1jan.....i plan on going to Albany end of july (if all goes good) and maybe i can find an FW there...looks kinda funky to come on the plane carring a case as a overnighter bag? LOL
Cabinet will be a problem though!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wvdek
Just stopped by to say 'hi' while eating my dinner.

Billy, hope you are feeling much better and have more energy today.
Oh yeah I am trying to dodge the heat here. 104 to 110 heat indexes and it does not drop below 85 at night.

But all in all I am doing fine!!

Billy
Old 06-17-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50
Hey no1jan.....i plan on going to Albany end of july (if all goes good) and maybe i can find an FW there...looks kinda funky to come on the plane carring a case as a overnighter bag? LOL
Cabinet will be a problem though!
Well, it just so happens that I don't have the case, so you could just carry the FW. Wrap a blanket around it and call it your baby! :thumbup: Or I could give you a suitcase!

I will keep my eye out for you though!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:41 PM

that's funny,,,call it my baby....hehehehe Oh thanks No1jan! All my SIL there has no clue about sew machine or fabrics...only that they wear fabrics..LOL, but they are the best SIL !!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 PM

Going to look at a Mercury tomorrow...one of the guys at work found it for me. It's bad when the guys at work start looking for sewing machines for you.

Anybody heard anything about a Mercury before?
Kat B
Old 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM

i think it was sweet of him to tell ya about it. I have heard of mercury before & i think someone posted one before on this site? .Im sure someone will answers you soon.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Well I'm certainly glad to hear that! We can't have our fearless leader down ....

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by wvdek
Just stopped by to say 'hi' while eating my dinner.

Billy, hope you are feeling much better and have more energy today.
Oh yeah I am trying to dodge the heat here. 104 to 110 heat indexes and it does not drop below 85 at night.

But all in all I am doing fine!!

Billy
Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

So I know we've covered this before. But. I'm cleaning up my redeye....how do you know when you're done cleaning?? I certainly don't expect perfection like Billy probably would, but what's a good point to stop at?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
Originally Posted by SherriB
grannie cheechee

I think I have a treadle just like yours! I got mine off craigslist for $75. Here is a pic of it:
A fellow on my local CL is trying to sell just the cabinet for $275.00, no machine. It looks just like yours!

http://albany.craigslist.org/atq/1796859661.html
I know I got an excellent bargain with this machine. I haven't had a chance to sew with it, but it moves like a dream. It came with 2 extra belts also.

How would I know if it is a Brown Lotus? The color is original and belonged to the owner's grandmother.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BKinCO
So I know we've covered this before. But. I'm cleaning up my redeye....how do you know when you're done cleaning?? I certainly don't expect perfection like Billy probably would, but what's a good point to stop at?
Well its kinda of a crap shoot with that because you want to brighten up the decals as much as possible. The old oil and grime will make them look like a deep gold color and they are really a bright gold leaf type of decal.

Be careful of shellac deterioration sometimes it will be crazed and it will also be missing (rubbed off) and you can actually "Silver" the decals. You have really good judgment I have complete faith that you will do a wonderful job and more than likely a better one that I do!!

But if your having problems or are just wondering if your heading the right direction then you know you can ask anytime. ;)

Billy