Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Quick Question...

I know there are a lot of clones of the 15 out there. Are they just as good as the Singer 15's? I am just trying to keep a look out for a 15 so I can FMQ on it. I've read here in the shop that it's easier to FMQ on the 15's than the 66's...but I haven't tried either for myself yet.

So you VSM owners that have both reg and clone 15's, what are your opinions?

Thank you,

Melissa
They are GREAT machines! Watch to make sure the dogs drop tho, some don't.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Still working on the tension. I think I should take the tensioner assembly off & clean it. Project for another day though. Plus I'm just using the handwheel. Don't want to plug it in until DH checks the wiring for me.

She did clean up easily & nicely.
She is a pretty machine. I just got my Redeye too, and it is so neat. There have been a rash of pretty finds....the Tiffany sisters amongst others. Lets keep on digging up the old treasures!!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

GGGGGRRRRRRR. SNARL. SNAP. I dragged home a Singer 99 with a bent balance wheel shaft with a visible crack in it - my Singer 66 now has a bobbin cover and my Spartan now has a one piece cover for the case. I guess I will part the thing out. I was hoping it could be fixed. GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :hunf:
Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
GGGGGRRRRRRR. SNARL. SNAP. I dragged home a Singer 99 with a bent balance wheel shaft with a visible crack in it - my Singer 66 now has a bobbin cover and my Spartan now has a one piece cover for the case. I guess I will part the thing out. I was hoping it could be fixed. GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :hunf:
Sounds like someone tried to force the handwheel off with a hammer
Old 10-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by miriam
Sounds like someone tried to force the handwheel off with a hammer
I can't see any sign of hammer marks - the wheel itself looks pretty good. I guess I have myself a cute little parts machine. I doubt if I can pull that shaft and fix it - it does have a visible crack.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM

No it takes a wheel puller you need a machine shop almost and is not something you will want to do.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
No it takes a wheel puller you need a machine shop almost and is not something you will want to do.
It's what I was thinking. It's now a cute little donor.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM

That bites Miriam!! :(
Old 10-24-2011, 03:21 PM

I've been busy this past weekend. Our 100 member quilt guild had its quilt show. Last Friday I worked 8 hours helping set up, then volunteered at the show Saturday and Sunday, and helped with take down. It is a tremendous amount of work to put on a show. My hat is off to anyone who has ever been the Chairperson for an event like that. I was just one little committee person. Lots of beautiful quilts. I'm hoping for the next show, that I can have a roped off area and display some of my antique Iron Ladies. It won't be for 2 years. I did get a Blue Ribbon in my division, so I was a happy quilter.

Texas Jan
Old 10-24-2011, 03:22 PM

That's terrific Jan! Congrats on the ribbon, are you going to post pics? :)