Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grayhare
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well I know it has been 3 or 4 years since I ave been on ebay and I now know why. I was bopping around looking at several listings in different areas and I have been buying up a lot of the owner manuals and factory repair manuals for different sewing machines including a lot of the industrials. But in the process I had to get this because it was too good to pass up!!! I know it isnt really vintage machine material but it will look really good in my other collection I have and I cant wait to play it!!

Billy
Hi Billy, good to see you on the board! Wow, it is beautiful! and you play! You have many talents!
Yes I do and I have several guitars and amps that I still play every once in a while. That particular guitar is a $1600+ guitar and I had to get it, it needs to be repainted but other than that it is in excellent condition. But since I have not been able to do much around here I have started playing a lot more and I am starting to get into my music again. Valerie thinks it is a lot of noise sometimes (Steve Vai, Joe Satriani are my biggest influences) but she says it as a way for me to relax and go someplace that I can forget about the pain and stress of the disease.

But I have seen a lot of manuals lately and I am trying to amass the largest collection of user manuals for sewing machines that I can even if I do not own them yet!! Plus it helps us out here because if you need some information or a copy I have it and I can just give it to you instead of you having to try and to find one to buy.

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well I know it has been 3 or 4 years since I ave been on ebay and I now know why. I was bopping around looking at several listings in different areas and I have been buying up a lot of the owner manuals and factory repair manuals for different sewing machines including a lot of the industrials. But in the process I had to get this because it was too good to pass up!!! I know it isnt really vintage machine material but it will look really good in my other collection I have and I cant wait to play it!!

Billy

Well, the auction has ended, so I hope you bought it. Glad to see you "out and about" so to speak. We have all been missing you and your words of wisdom. Welcome home!
Oh it is mine!!

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Well my Hubby was at it again yesterday. Went to an estate auction and found this machine.
Nice save! She looks pretty right now, wow, when she's cleaned up!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 PM

quiltdoctor,

I got the same one, had to put a new cord on mine too. My zig zag was froze up, got that freed up and then found that the hook had some burrs on it. Got those mostly taken care of this afternoon and now it doesn't snag the upper thread at least. Mine came with a Necchi cabinet that has a few water spots on it. Machine has grime on it like yours, brown crap.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Thought I would introduce you to my newest "lost cause" project. She is a Singer Fiddleback Model 12 and what is left of her cabinet. Texas Jan
Oooh, the potential! Looking forward to updates!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by Bennett
Ok, really did nothing I should have this weekend (except mow). Instead, the White Embossed FR is done. She sews, although she rocks all over the place if you let loose! Without the motor, fine...motor alone, fine...altogether, better not go too fast!

I don't really name my machines, but she may be just have to be Cookie. :)
The machine turned out really nice. Is the belt doing all the vibration. It could be the wrong belt and is adjusted properly.
glenn
Thanks! It's a friction drive, so no belt. I did smooth out the old rubber wheel some, and that helped a bit. Slow speeds seem fine.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Celeste
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Thought I would introduce you to my newest "lost cause" project. She is a Singer Fiddleback Model 12 and what is left of her cabinet. Texas Jan
Oooh, the potential! Looking forward to updates!
That includes me because I have a soft spot for the Singer 12's.

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Banned

Ok, really did nothing I should have this weekend (except mow). Instead, the White Embossed FR is done. She sews, although she rocks all over the place if you let loose! Without the motor, fine...motor alone, fine...altogether, better not go too fast!

The machine turned out really nice. Is the belt doing all the vibration. It could be the wrong belt and is adjusted properly.
glenn
Thanks! It's a friction drive, so no belt. I did smooth out the old rubber wheel some, and that helped a bit. Slow speeds seem fine.
What size is the shaft on the motor and can you post a pic of it so I can see it. I have a lot of new friction wheels for those machines but they had several different shaft sizes.

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Bennett! Cookie is beautiful...whoda thought? ;) (Well...other than all of us...)
Thanks! I have so much fun doing this, I almost don't care how pretty they get...but she did turn out nice. :)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM

glenn
sorry did not see that it was friction drive. Could be the armature shaft is wobbly in the motor. Just a suggestion
Glenn