Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-06-2011, 04:20 PM

So funny that is the only piece of her cabinet you have as THAT is the only piece missing from mine. One of my kids lost it years ago. It is my hubbs grandmas machine. If you decide to ge trid of it....pm me.

Edited to clarify: this was in response to quiltdoctors post 1770 about the wooden hand hole cover

Last edited by AnotherMadQuilter; 11-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM

I had this link in my favorites, and thought of it with all these sewing boxes, it would be perfect.
http://justsomethingimade.com/2009/1...singer-decals/
Old 11-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
I had this link in my favorites, and thought of it with all these sewing boxes, it would be perfect.
http://justsomethingimade.com/2009/1...singer-decals/
Cool how she took the Singer decal to decorate the book cover! Another clever idea and fun project! Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Sorry...post 25770 is the post referenced above not 1770. Typo and short edit time...
Old 11-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I want that last cigar box Glenn!! LOL Not for me, I have a friend whose last name is Rapier!
Charlee, what is this do you want everything I got
Old 11-06-2011, 04:55 PM

I think you'll be very happy with the 66. It's a work horse and easy to work on. Pam
Old 11-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Charlee, what is this do you want everything I got
You got cool stuff Glenn!! LOL! And besides...I only want SOME of it... Your Singer VS2, your Peerless, a few boxes....
Old 11-06-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherMadQuilter View Post
So funny that is the only piece of her cabinet you have as THAT is the only piece missing from mine. One of my kids lost it years ago. It is my hubbs grandmas machine. If you decide to ge trid of it....pm me.

Edited to clarify: this was in response to quiltdoctors post 1770 about the wooden hand hole cover
I'm looking for a cabinet for my White's machine that will give a home to the machine and the hand hole cover-Sorry.

Texas Jan
Old 11-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh......I had some time tonight and pulled out mom's FW. I think I found the bobbin case, though I can't figure out how it got in it's hiding place in the first place. I'm uploading all the pics to photobucket right now. I took a ton of pics. There seems to be some white powdery substance on the footpedal that transferred to the cord and some of it fell on the bed.

Here are all the particular numbers. The serial number was on the bottom of the machine. It's in a completely different place than my 66. There's also a serial number on the bobbin case and the fold down bed thing. Is that normal?

From the machine: AH194901
From the bobbin case simanco usa 45750
bottom of fold down part: simanco 45713

I'll post pics before I go to bed. I have to get ready to get the kiddos off to bed. The spindle the thread sits on swings wildly off the machine. I see a whole for another screw, but nothing on the swinging thing itself indicating it needs another screw. I think it's broken. All kinds of black, greasy looking gritty stuff in there. Somehow, I don't think she's ready to sew yet. It's entirely my fault for putting her in the garage. I hope I didn't ruin her.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Miriam and Charlee - thank you sooo much for answering my "how to clean" my new baby (Nov. 3). I didn't have a clue - sort of like how I don't have a clue about navigating and using this stupid 'new' format!!!

By the way - what happened to the bookmark option?