Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 PM

Ok I just got back from Cathy's house (the one who hosts our TOGA's) with a zig zag plate, a free motion plate, a hopping foot, a zig zag foot (all for the 319w), some spool pins (the 66 is missing her spool pin), and one of those funky looking Made in the Repulic of China hand cranks! So Monica and Sharon you two are not the only ones with those HC's on a Singer! I am going to put the HC on the 66 I just took out of the treadle. That 66 is complete except for the spool pin, which it now has!

I never thought I'd get one of those funky looking HC's, but I now have one too!

Nancy
Old 10-31-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok I just got back from Cathy's house (the one who hosts our TOGA's) with a zig zag plate, a free motion plate, a hopping foot, a zig zag foot (all for the 319w), some spool pins (the 66 is missing her spool pin), and one of those funky looking Made in the Repulic of China hand cranks! So Monica and Sharon you two are not the only ones with those HC's on a Singer! I am going to put the HC on the 66 I just took out of the treadle. That 66 is complete except for the spool pin, which it now has!

I never thought I'd get one of those funky looking HC's, but I now have one too!

Nancy
I am glad you are keeping the 66 even tho you have a Chinese HC for it.
Glenn
Old 10-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Nancy
Heehee They're addictive. Even my husband thinks that HC is UGLY. I find it amusing. It works! And can be painted over.

Cathy has it all! You are lucky that you live close enough to her. I enjoyed my two times spent at her house just looking in awe at her collection, even the junk stuff.

Have fun with your 319! Looking forward to seeing your first project.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:40 PM

Nancy
My "new" 1915 66 will soon have her motor thrown away & one of those "funky looking HC's" to convert her back to being "people-powered" (She was originally a treadle).

Sew-Classic is out of stock on HC's. Nancy, Monica - would one of you be willing to PM me with Cathy's contact info? I neglected to get it when I was up there for the TOGA.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Cathy has it all! You are lucky that you live close enough to her. I enjoyed my two times spent at her house just looking in awe at her collection, even the junk stuff.
Monica - I think I win hands down for just looking in awe at all of her stuff...especially the lockers!! :mrgreen:
Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Monica - I think I win hands down for just looking in awe at all of her stuff...especially the lockers!! :mrgreen:
Yeah, I love her lockers! The other night I was looking on CLs for lockers. I was thinking of painting them red, and setting them out in the garage. There is a section in my garage that has carpet down with some gym equipment (not being used) next to my husband's tool area and other unnecessary items. I have my Free treadle, another e machine( that I would like to see if I could convert to treadle machine), and some other vintage cabinet items out in that space right now. I was thinking of clearing out a small section, putting the lockers in for my own mini collection, and keeping the Free treadle out there (I have no space inside the home). The carpet is gray; so, I like the idea of red lockers.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:59 PM

Nancy, Welcome to the hand crank Club. Now you are a member just like the rest of us. :lol: Kathie
Old 10-31-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Nancy, Welcome to the hand crank Club. Now you are a member just like the rest of us. :lol: Kathie
I painted over mine.
Glenn
Old 10-31-2011, 03:04 PM

Thank you all for the information regarding using Comet on the metal of my machines. :) I'm going to try the toothpaste and baking soda and see how that does. I'm on a stay at home Mommy's budget so cheap or free is my motto right now!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by ndnchf
Just yesterday I picked up an early Franklin with the fancy decals. I thought it was by Domestic, but I need to dig deeper, maybe its a Davis?. It looks just like a Singer model 27. It came with the original attachments and owners manual. I also have a Minnesota model D by Davis.
I LOVE the decals on that machine!!!