Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
OMG!!!!! Monica I love you!!!! Did you read the whole ad? It says "Hitachi family electro-vessel sale Corporation Manufacture" and I think the end means made in 1938, 2,000 allotted maybe? Then it says "Hitachi sewing machine TAT-100 Showa era 38 year made HITACHI black." It is made by Hitachi!!! Now this makes sense. The type of treadle irons are from that time frame! Monica, I am so excited how did you do that? Jon and I both searched the web and I couldn't find anything about the Hitachi?

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Nancy

I got so excited when I found this! I just googled Hitachi sewing machines and looked at images for something similar, clicked on numerous images, this one was a series of pics of sections of the machine group together.

So, now the question, why is Hitachi saying they never manufactured a machine, lost records?

Nancy, Now I wish I had driven the 2+ hours in one direction for this machine instead of giving the heads up on it. If for some reason you do not wish to keep this machine let me know and I will purchase it from you. And one day I would love to see this machine.

There some really cool looking Japanese machines on that auction site, and I love the names. One machine is called a "Happy".

Glad to be of help!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

I wonder if some one from Japan ordered one from home before the war, ended up in one of the Japanese camps and the machine surfaced. I bet there is a good story there somewhere.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 AM

Weedwoman, You are going to love that 201. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I wonder if some one from Japan ordered one from home before the war, ended up in one of the Japanese camps and the machine surfaced. I bet there is a good story there somewhere.
I had thought the same back when Nancy pick up this machine off CLs. I think it was a machine that got put into storage with mom or dad's other household items that weren't being used and then forgotten. Kids or grandkids just figured its all junk. Sad, but this happens all the time. That machine is one of the last pieces of Japan that person had- which looks well love.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM

Nancy, First machine in treadle starting bid is ~ $50 and second machine ~ $80.
Just additional info. for you.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, First machine in treadle starting bid is ~ $50 and second machine ~ $80.
Just additional info. for you.
I wonder if they got into a law suit or something and killed it... how would you look that up?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:51 AM

I had thought the same back when Nancy pick up this machine off CLs. I think it was a machine that got put into storage with mom or dad's other household items that weren't being used and then forgotten. Kids or grandkids just figured its all junk. Sad, but this happens all the time. That machine is one of the last pieces of Japan that person had- which looks well love.
One person's trash is another's treasure. Unfortunately, I'm overwhelmed with treasure and having a tough time moving around.
Jon
Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 AM

Weedwoman, You are going to love that 201. Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks, I'm anxious to sew with her but have no idea just where I'm going to put her in my house but I'll find a spot if I have to get rid of some piece of furniture. lol I think I'm right at 32 or 33 machines now and 6 of those are treadles and they do take up some room. I'd love a big loft that was just mine, mine, mine to display all my machines and have them all out so they could be sewn on without having to rearrange a space for them. Guess it doesn't hurt to wish.....
Old 11-14-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
Thanks, I'm anxious to sew with her but have no idea just where I'm going to put her in my house but I'll find a spot if I have to get rid of some piece of furniture. lol I think I'm right at 32 or 33 machines now and 6 of those are treadles and they do take up some room. I'd love a big loft that was just mine, mine, mine to display all my machines and have them all out so they could be sewn on without having to rearrange a space for them. Guess it doesn't hurt to wish.....
I wish too! If I lived back east where every home has that big basement, I know a good part of the basement would have my collection. I like your idea of a loft! Part of my dreaming is designing the room. I look on CLs for free to cheap furniture to decorate the room also. Red lockers would look wicked! with a comfy sofa and....
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I wonder if they got into a law suit or something and killed it... how would you look that up?
You lost me here. What are you taking about?