Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare
Can anyone tell me about this machine.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2559299032.html
Thank you
Such a cool machine! Wow! :thumbup:
Old 08-22-2011, 03:46 PM

You all will be proud of me. The grub screw holes in my Singer 319 somehow stripped out when I removed the screws to take the machine out of the table I refinished. I bought a new thread tapping die at Lowes and made new threads in the holes and bought matching screws....not original of course, but it's in the table and works. Woohoo! I was kind of sweating this one and was worried I'd really mess it up. I gave my 319 a kerosene bath today which cleaned it up some what.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grayhare
Can anyone tell me about this machine.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2559299032.html
Thank you
For $25 you can not go wrong at all!

Billy
Old 08-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Speaking of running out of bobbin thread I have a Chain Stitch attachment for the 15's that you do not even need to use a bobbin. I have never used it before but I might give it a try for the heck of it.

Billy
I have chain stitch parts for my 401G and haven't gotten the instructions translated out of German yet - I would love to make it chain and treadle.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by emmah
Originally Posted by Tinabug
Hi Emmah,
Thank you for helping out, I really appreciate the info. I did have the correct # written, just not smart enough to type it correctly, duh. I was informed that there is a site to find the manual and how to clean from Billy. I just need to jump in and do it. I'll keep my progress out there.
Have a glorious day!!
Get a free download of the singer 99 manual here:
http://www.a1sewingmachine.com/manuals.htm
I also thank you for this site, I now have a manual for my fw and Grandma H 66 treadle.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by quilt addict
Many new converts to Vintage Machine Rescue addiction, oops I meant collecting. ;-)
There is a new TV show starting tonight called "My Collection Obsession" . It is on TLC channel at 10:00pm eastern time. It will be interesting to see what types of things that people collect. I saw a preview and one guy collects vacuum cleaners :-D .
Watched it -pretty cool. There was a lady who collected shoe paraphenalia (sp?) and had over 1500 or 15000. Can't remember the number now. She had unrealistic expectations of her collections value. The vacuum cleaner collector was a 16 yr old boy which was interesting. The 3rd collector was a lady who collected dolls. Some creepy looking and some lifelike which frankly were just as creepy as the horror dolls. Her DH said she just a strong maternal drive and he was happy when she was obsessing and colelcting dolls cuz she then left him alone. She also had a lifelike baby doll who breathed - her ultimate collectible. I thought she was strange. Dolly Parton collectors were strange but in an okay way - kind of obsessed with her but not in a creepy stalker way. Of course, I suspect some of us might fit that category (strange - ok maybe it's just me) on this board but I'm happy with my collection/obsession as I assume so are many othrs on here. Happy hunting and collecting and they do find us. ~ Chris
Old 08-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by quilt addict
Many new converts to Vintage Machine Rescue addiction, oops I meant collecting. ;-)
There is a new TV show starting tonight called "My Collection Obsession" . It is on TLC channel at 10:00pm eastern time. It will be interesting to see what types of things that people collect. I saw a preview and one guy collects vacuum cleaners :-D .
Watched it -pretty cool. There was a lady who collected shoe paraphenalia (sp?) and had over 1500 or 15000. Can't remember the number now. The vacuum cleaner collector was a 16 yr old boy which was interesting. The 3rd collector was a lady who collected dolls. Some creepy looking and some lifelike which frankly were just as creepy as the horror dolls. Her DH said she just a strong maternal drive and he was happy when she was obsessing and colelcting dolls cuz she then left him alone. She also had a lifelike baby doll who breathed - her ultimate collectible. I thought she was strange. Of course, I suspect some of us might fit that category on this board but I'm happy with my collection/obsession as I assume so are many othrs on here. Happy hunting and collecting and they do find us. ~ Chris
The vacuum cleaner kid was the best - plus he earns money making repairs on the side. The doll lady (and her dolls) was creepy, the shoe lady was living in an alternate reality and the Dolly guys were really obsessed - they picked up and moved to be close to Dollywood? Wow! I wonder what other collections they might have on the show in the future.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Watched it -pretty cool. There was a lady who collected shoe paraphenalia (sp?) and had over 1500 or 15000. The vacuum cleaner collector was a 16 yr old boy which was interesting. The 3rd collector was a lady who collected dolls. ~ Chris
The vacuum cleaner kid was the best - plus he earns money making repairs on the side. The doll lady (and her dolls) was creepy, the shoe lady was living in an alternate reality and the Dolly guys were really obsessed - they picked up and moved to be close to Dollywood? Wow! I wonder what other collections they might have on the show in the future.
Well, if my kids had a say, I'm thinking I'd be nominated. I can totally see a show dediscated to competive/obsessive collecting of vintage sewing machines. I know some of my relatives are apalled (sp?) and/or flabbergasted by my collection which I know is paltry compared with others on this site.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Watched it -pretty cool. There was a lady who collected shoe paraphernalia and had over 1500 or 15000. The vacuum cleaner collector was a 16 yr old boy which was interesting. The 3rd collector was a lady who collected dolls. ~ Chris
Well, if my kids had a say, I'm thinking I'd be nominated. I can totally see a show dedicated to competitive/obsessive collecting of vintage sewing machines. I know some of my relatives are appalled and/or flabbergasted by my collection which I know is paltry compared with others on this site.
Ha just say the word and we'll help you clean it all out... (my DILs think I have a problem too...) :roll:
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Watched it -pretty cool. There was a lady who collected shoe paraphernalia and had over 1500 or 15000. The vacuum cleaner collector was a 16 yr old boy which was interesting. The 3rd collector was a lady who collected dolls. ~ Chris
Well, if my kids had a say, I'm thinking I'd be nominated. I can totally see a show dedicated to competitive/obsessive collecting of vintage sewing machines. I know some of my relatives are appalled and/or flabbergasted by my collection which I know is paltry compared with others on this site.
Ha just say the word and we'll help you clean it all out... (my DILs think I have a problem too...) :roll:
OH HELL NO!!! You can have my vintage sewing machines when you can pry them from my cold dead hands!!! :hunf: ~ Chris