Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

    Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 AM
      #3601  
    Super Member
     
    SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 7,741
    Default

    Originally Posted by Up North
    Oh Man every once in a while I stop getting notifications for this thread! I hate it when that happens!!
    Yeah, I think that happens to me but I look up the shop on my 'home' to see what's up...

    Oh, I found the little teensy, tiny screw that I dropped last night. So, I will try what was last suggested in a bit. I HOPE it works. :-D :-D :-D
    SewExtremeSeams is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 06:41 AM
      #3602  
    Moderator
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts: 6,231
    Default

    In regards to that little screw I purchased a set of mechanics magnet wands from the auto parts store for less than $4.00 they have a telescoping handle and are great for getting lost things like pins,and screws.
    Up North is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 06:44 AM
      #3603  
    Super Member
     
    SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 7,741
    Default

    Thanks Donna, that is on my list now of things to get next time we go to town. (town is 30 minutes away so we make lists and try to make our trips count)
    SewExtremeSeams is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 AM
      #3604  
    Moderator
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts: 6,231
    Default

    Here is what it looks like it has a swivel head goes from 5 1/2 to 18 inches.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-72935.jpe  
    Up North is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 07:50 AM
      #3605  
    Senior Member
     
    mlaceruby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Somerset PA
    Posts: 719
    Default

    My son is a mechanic so one of those is most likey lying around somewhere!
    also as a true quilter I looked at the fabric 1st then the tool! I have 2 fabrics that would coordinate perfectly with
    that print!
    mlaceruby is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 AM
      #3606  
    Moderator
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts: 6,231
    Default

    Originally Posted by mlaceruby
    My son is a mechanic so one of those is most likey lying around somewhere!
    also as a true quilter I looked at the fabric 1st then the tool! I have 2 fabrics that would coordinate perfectly with
    that print!
    LOL it is a fat quarter that was laying here!!
    Up North is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 AM
      #3607  
    Super Member
     
    quilt addict's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: Southern California
    Posts: 2,743
    Default

    Originally Posted by Up North
    In regards to that little screw I purchased a set of mechanics magnet wands from the auto parts store for less than $4.00 they have a telescoping handle and are great for getting lost things like pins,and screws.
    I need to get one of those. I vacuumed up a piece off of my Davis this weekend. :-( So changed out the bag right away, but do you think I can feel it easily? So have it all in a grocery bag now and will sift through it again. :roll:
    quilt addict is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
      #3608  
    Banned
    Thread Starter
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Bikini Bottom
    Posts: 5,652
    Default

    Originally Posted by quilt addict
    I need to get one of those. I vacuumed up a piece off of my Davis this weekend. :-( So changed out the bag right away, but do you think I can feel it easily? So have it all in a grocery bag now and will sift through it again. :roll:
    Lisa if you have a speaker magnet or a strong magnet off of your refrigerator you can run it through the grocery bag of dirt and it will stick to it.

    Hope this helps....

    Billy
    Lostn51 is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 01:10 PM
      #3609  
    Senior Member
     
    mlaceruby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Somerset PA
    Posts: 719
    Default

    Well today is the day!
    hubby is at home this afternoon and I am digging out some of my machines. and making a list with serial #'s
    decided that a singer treadle in the bedroom needed some TLC!
    so this is the first one we will clean up with Billy's tutorial!
    It is so dirty that I can't read the serial #!!
    am taking pics will post when we get this one done!
    can't wait as it looks like the decals are really nice(thru the dirt)
    Michele
    mlaceruby is offline  
    Old 07-22-2010, 01:29 PM
      #3610  
    Banned
    Thread Starter
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Bikini Bottom
    Posts: 5,652
    Default

    Originally Posted by mlaceruby
    Well today is the day!
    hubby is at home this afternoon and I am digging out some of my machines. and making a list with serial #'s
    decided that a singer treadle in the bedroom needed some TLC!
    so this is the first one we will clean up with Billy's tutorial!
    It is so dirty that I can't read the serial #!!
    am taking pics will post when we get this one done!
    can't wait as it looks like the decals are really nice(thru the dirt)
    Michele
    Sounds like a great plan and I am really excited to see the photos of your machine!!! You know if you need any help PM me or post on here!!

    Billy
    Lostn51 is offline  

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off


    FREE Quilting Newsletter