Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
I found a machine when cleaning out the attic of the house we just sold. It is a White Model CB Deluxe Precisioin Sewing Machine in a carrying case. When I took it out of the carry case (a white one) I saw that it says Made in Japan underneath and has the following idenification:

LA 19.NA.3346

on it towards the side at the bottom of the part that fits in the carry case. It is a light metallic blue. I will try to put a pic with this message. Can you help me ID it further as to its age and anything else you might know about it?
That is a badged machine (made by someone else for the white sewing machine Company) and I have seen the same type of Model 15 before but for the life of me I can not remember under what badged name was on it. You will find out that you will love this machine more than any other vintage machine you will own. These Japanese 15's were better made than the Singer counterparts and they are so smooth when you run them. The feed dogs will drop for you to FMQ and I have a Japanese 15 that is my go to machine and the only one that I use for FMQ. I took the motor off of mine and put it into my treadle and I just love it!!!!

Billy
Old 10-25-2010, 07:29 PM

Thank you for the info, Billy. I don't have accessories for it and only a small quick start type manual. Do you know where I can purchase these and is this considered a low shank machine or something else? If you wish, I can PM you with my email address for further info.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by OmaForFour
I found a machine when cleaning out the attic of the house we just sold. It is a White Model CB Deluxe Precisioin Sewing Machine in a carrying case. When I took it out of the carry case (a white one) I saw that it says Made in Japan underneath and has the following idenification:

LA 19.NA.3346

on it towards the side at the bottom of the part that fits in the carry case. It is a light metallic blue. I will try to put a pic with this message. Can you help me ID it further as to its age and anything else you might know about it?
That is a badged machine (made by someone else for the white sewing machine Company) and I have seen the same type of Model 15 before but for the life of me I can not remember under what badged name was on it. You will find out that you will love this machine more than any other vintage machine you will own. These Japanese 15's were better made than the Singer counterparts and they are so smooth when you run them. The feed dogs will drop for you to FMQ and I have a Japanese 15 that is my go to machine and the only one that I use for FMQ. I took the motor off of mine and put it into my treadle and I just love it!!!!

Billy
Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned

Yes the low shank accessories will fit the machine no problem at all. It also uses the class 15 bobbins and the standard 15x1 needles.

Billy
Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 PM

i just went to goodwill to find a sewing cabinet and the one i bought has a machine in it. It a dial a stich made in japan and dang well heavy. Any ideal where to find manual.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:22 AM

Thanks so much, Billy. Don't know what I would do without you to help me out.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Yes the low shank accessories will fit the machine no problem at all. It also uses the class 15 bobbins and the standard 15x1 needles.

Billy
Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by roda
i just went to goodwill to find a sewing cabinet and the one i bought has a machine in it. It a dial a stich made in japan and dang well heavy. Any ideal where to find manual.
Roda, can you give us more information? Is the name of the machine Dial a Stitch? Does is say Precision Built Delux? Can you post a picture?

Nancy
Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Billy and all, Has anyone seen machines like these?
I find it interesting that there are two wheels. Wonder what type of sewing these were used for.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bfs/2027597603.html
Old 10-27-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I find it interesting that there are two wheels. Wonder what type of sewing these were used for.

I certainly have never seen anything like them, but I am no expert...just wanted to say they are interesting. I look forward to seeing if anyone knows more about them.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Does that emblem say Wilcox and Gibbs? They certainly are curious looking machines with two wheels.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

http://www.ismacs.net/willcoxandgibb...dustrials.html

It looks like this one to me, and it is from the 90's - but the 1890's!