Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
I noticed that on the white fw it does not have the powercord that unplugs...that it is part of the machine or hardwired you call it?
The white FW's cord is wired directly into the machine, rather than being removable like the tan and black FWs.
Sharon W.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 AM

Wow, had lots of posts to catch up on. I've been busy quilting on my longarm. Still need to get my 306K fixed since the needle(correct size) is making contact with the bobbin works. Just haven't had time or patience to sit and work on it.
Enjoyed all the posts and can't wait until I find another machine so I can have something to add.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 AM

I see you have the white rotary, I have 2 of them and cannot find any info on them, do you have a source for the manuals?

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

I'm going by the look of the decals, the area that holds the thread at the top (long with a silver plate), and the fact that the light is in the front. Most 201-2 have the light in the front.[/quote

Well, I actually called about a couple vintage Singers today that were a little closer to home for me. They were both 15's. I still want to find a 201 one of these days -- but a little closer to home! Thank you Vintagemotif for thinking of me again. I love looking, I would get one of each if I could. I really am intriqued with that Vertical Feed machine, but I really can't get another treadle unless I get rid of one. I have 6 treadles in the house and one in the garage! I just can't bring myself to part with any of my current machines! And, this doesn't count my 2- 99k's, my 2 Featherweights, my Rocketeer, my White Rotary Crinkle, my 4 Pfaff's, my Janome, my Juki, and heaven forbid my long arm! I have seriously thought about getting rid of the long arm for more treadles -- love those treadles!

Nancy
Old 11-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Took me a while to catch up!! Went away for the weekend, tried to post from phone, but couldn't get it to work. Thank you Billy for the help with my FW, DH cleaned it and didn't get it put back right, can't wait to sew with it tonight at group. Thank you VERY much for all the help you are on this site, I believe I speak for a lOT of people when I say that.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
I see you have the white rotary, I have 2 of them and cannot find any info on them, do you have a source for the manuals?
Try this link -- Needlebar has manuals for your use only, you can print it out, but not for re-sale.

http://needlebar.org/main~nb/manuals/
Nancy
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lisas
I found a Singer 15-91 but it doesn't have the power cord. How difficult would it be to find a cord?
Lisa, I had to laugh when I saw this post, as most of the people on this forum take the cord off!

Billy probably has a cord!

Nancy
Old 11-22-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I found a Singer 15-91 but it doesn't have the power cord. How difficult would it be to find a cord?
Lisa, I had to laugh when I saw this post, as most of the people on this forum take the cord off!

Nancy
Since the 15-91 has a potted motor, you really need a cord and foot pedal. :D Now the 15-90 can have a motorectomy done easily. The pictured machine is my Singer 15-90, it treadles beautifully.
Sharon W.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131808.jpe  
Old 11-22-2010, 10:51 AM

Sharon W....gee I wonder if it will cost more to replace those cord rather than the other ones...u can put the others on yourself! Hmmm.....
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 AM

Hubby & I went to check out a Singer 99K this weekend I found on our local Craigs List.

We purchased the 99K and the seller threw in the Deluxe Stradivaro in the cabinet for $5.00.

Both machines are in desperate need of bathing and polishing.
The Deluxe cabinet is sturdy, but it needs cleaning as well.

Billy can you tell me anything about this Deluxe machine? I can see it is a badged Japan machine. The motor says Japan on it. No where on the machine itself is there any indication of where it is made. Here is the Serial # 59685. Aren't you keeping records of Japanese made machines?

Billy, thank you for all your insight and advice you share on this thread and throughout the forum. We are really blessed to have such a gifted and talented man to go to when we have questions. You rock..............

Sandi & Danny

Singer 99K
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132007[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132000.jpe   attachment-132001.jpe   attachment-132002.jpe   attachment-132004.jpe  
Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by BoJangles

Nancy
Since the 15-91 has a potted motor, you really need a cord and foot pedal. :D Now the 15-90 can have a motorectomy done easily. The pictured machine is my Singer 15-90, it treadles beautifully.
Sharon W.

Love your treadled 15-90. Such a lovely machine. I had hubby put my 115 in the treadle base I had my 66 in. Gonna try sewing with it and see which one I prefer. I am thinking it may be the 115. I'll post pics of it soon.

Sandi