Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-01-2011, 07:04 PM

Well Happy New Year to all of you! I did enchiladas (I make home made enchiladas every New Years day) and salad today for 22 people, plus veggie trays, dip trays, and pecan pies, and cream cheese cherry pie for dessert.

I am glad the festivities are over so I can get back to my horses, machines, and quilting!

Vintagemotif, your coffee cup really put a smile on my face, and the rest of you just have amazing menus! It all sounds so good!

Nancy
Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
I'm having to lookup all these old machines y'all are talking about... wow, never really looked into the heritage of this art!
I did the same and the next thing I knew, I have 14 sewing machines. I just love thoses vintage singers.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:18 PM

If you're in Houston and interested in buying a Singer 328 (LOOKs like a 328!), there's one on Craigslist as of this morning. http://houston.craigslist.org/atq/2138486461.html
Old 01-02-2011, 02:27 AM

Since I posted on here quite a while ago about hoping to find a featherweight, DH had a quadruple bypass (recovering nicely now), but I peeked on this board only "hit and miss". But my interest was growing all the while.
Yesterday (New Years Day) DH and I went to pick up a cute little Featherweight 221. Her serial # on the bottom is:
AM-771-179
I will be reading all the posts on here since this thread began, but for a bit of quick info, could anyone give me some clues about this little machine?
I am so excited to have her, wanting to think of a cute name for her, and eager to find her some siblings!
Anyhow, could anyone give me some clues about this serial #.
Thanks,
Skeetersmom
Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 AM

I think that I said, happy New Year to everyone, Vintage that cup of coffee really hit the spot. Everyones dinner was delicous and Skeeter, I hope that you get the information you are looking for. Today, I plan to get off to church on time and then it will be me and that 401A will get to work. Got a lot of things I want to get accomplish with her this year. Now is the time to start. Have a good day in all of your searches and finds.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by skeetersmom
Since I posted on here quite a while ago about hoping to find a featherweight, DH had a quadruple bypass (recovering nicely now), but I peeked on this board only "hit and miss". But my interest was growing all the while.
Yesterday (New Years Day) DH and I went to pick up a cute little Featherweight 221. Her serial # on the bottom is:
AM-771-179
I will be reading all the posts on here since this thread began, but for a bit of quick info, could anyone give me some clues about this little machine?
I am so excited to have her, wanting to think of a cute name for her, and eager to find her some siblings!
Thanks,
Skeetersmom
Singer has a website that lists all the serial numbers that they have in their records, go to http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html then click on the serial numbers that begin with 2 letters. If you will pm me I also have a book for sale that you might like to have. :-D
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by skeetersmom
AM-771-179
Thanks,
Skeetersmom
I do hope your DH is doing well. Your machine corresponds to model 221 (featherweight), serial # allocated September 27, 1957, at the Elizabethport plant in NJ.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
If you're in Houston and interested in buying a Singer 328 (LOOKs like a 328!), there's one on Craigslist as of this morning. http://houston.craigslist.org/atq/2138486461.html
I have a 328K that I am going to get serviced and cleaned up to list in the sale section of our forum. I picked it up not too long ago but I have been enjoying my vacation and didnt go work on it yet. But it runs like a new one and it will clean up real nice.

Billy
Old 01-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

Nice score Skeeter!! I am glad to hear your husband is doing really well. It is amazing how you can do a quadruple bypass and just a little while be up and running around feeling like a kid again. I had a really close friend of mine go through the same thing and it wasnt a month or so later he was at the golf course. Praise God for modern medicine!!

So now you need to show your machine to everyone so we can revel in your find!!! :-D

Billy
Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 AM

Thank you all for your input and information about my new "little girl"!

I would like to show her on here, but don't know quite how to go about that yet. I am not very computer literate, that's for sure!

I plan on having a very busy quilting/learning year, especially with my new "little girl".

Happy New Year to everyone!