Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-11-2011, 03:21 AM

I'm used to just clicking the blue ebay address to see the machines listed that you all share, but Billy's links are just black numbers. Can someone tell this computer idiot...if I just highlight the number, go to e-bay and paste the number in will the pics come up?
I enjoy this subject so much and love, love, love the pics you all share! Congrats to all the new owners of these lovely vintage machines!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:46 AM

There are so many posts and would love to see just the pics for now. So is there a place to go to see just the pics?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
I'm used to just clicking the blue ebay address to see the machines listed that you all share, but Billy's links are just black numbers. Can someone tell this computer idiot...if I just highlight the number, go to e-bay and paste the number in will the pics come up?
I enjoy this subject so much and love, love, love the pics you all share! Congrats to all the new owners of these lovely vintage machines!
Highlight the number and press the control button (bottom left of keyboard) at the same time you press the letter c, that will copy the number, then open ebay and up top there is an "advanced search" option, hit that and choose "by number" and it will open a spot with a box for the number, then press control again while pressing the letter v. that will insert the number into the box.
I just did this to make sure and it opened it up to the right page.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:20 AM

Yes, That is what I did. And there it was.. :thumbup:
Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy,

I picked up a free Graybar last fall. The lady giving the machine away told me it was a National. That bit of information had me researching Graybar and National machines. Researching machines can lead to other machines and rescuing them. I then realized that a machine that had been sitting on CL for a couple of months was a National Two Spools. My Ms. Graybar led me to my cowboy, Mr. Two Spools. Well, My Graybar's electrical cord was shot; so, I haven't gotten that repaired- and most likely will not since I'm into the treadles. The cleaned up machine now sits on a shelf looking very pretty.

Does the machine that you are interested in look like mine?
Yes, it does look like the cleaned up version of your machine. I really like the looks of the machine - especially, the foot pedal - which, is a foot! Does your Graybar's foot pedal look like about a size 7 foot?

Nancy
Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 AM

Here is a Pfaff HC. I'd love to get that machine, but afraid of having it shipped so far!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Nancy
Old 03-11-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Here is a Pfaff HC. I'd love to get that machine, but afraid of having it shipped so far!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Nancy
I still can't figure out how to crank and sew at the same time!! :oops: I guess I will have to find a video and watch it huh???
Old 03-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Banned

I like to post just the eBay number because it will not make you have to shift the screen left and right to read the other post because of the link. I have a 17.3" widescreen monitor on my laptop and I still have to shift :lol:

Billy
Old 03-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Billy,
On that Ebay box of attachments, isn't the single foot on the machine that they are showing a side clamp foot? or am I looking at it wrong. . . all the others I can tell are back clamp for sure. Just curious, also can a jointed foot work on the 66-1? the one that was on mine (may not be the correct one) was a solid foot, but I haven't been able to get the fabric to move through either. . .I think it needs new feed dogs, but maybe it's the wrong foot also. What do you think could that cause the fabric not to move through?
The 66-1 and 66-3 are their own critters. Singer decided to try out the W&W style of foot on their machines after the buy out. The 9W had the W&W feet on them but thats because they started out with their castings and then modified them to fit into the Singer cabinets. Wheeler and Wilson was a huge acquisition for Singer and since they were a major player in the sewing world prior to the buy out the company decided to try out the rear clamping feet on one of their models. Well Singer was a lot like Ford at the time and they loved the fact that you could interchange a lot of their parts so they axed the back clamp style of foot.

Finding them are not fun I will say that, and when you do have your checkbook ready. If the seller knows what they have you will feel it! The eBay auction for the set of attachments is less than what the plain straight stitch foot would go for.

Billy
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by luv2learn
Billy,
On that Ebay box of attachments, isn't the single foot on the machine that they are showing a side clamp foot? or am I looking at it wrong. . . all the others I can tell are back clamp for sure. Just curious, also can a jointed foot work on the 66-1? the one that was on mine (may not be the correct one) was a solid foot, but I haven't been able to get the fabric to move through either. . .I think it needs new feed dogs, but maybe it's the wrong foot also. What do you think could that cause the fabric not to move through?
The 66-1 and 66-3 are their own critters. Singer decided to try out the W&W style of foot on their machines after the buy out. The 9W had the W&W feet on them but thats because they started out with their castings and then modified them to fit into the Singer cabinets. Wheeler and Wilson was a huge acquisition for Singer and since they were a major player in the sewing world prior to the buy out the company decided to try out the rear clamping feet on one of their models. Well Singer was a lot like Ford at the time and they loved the fact that you could interchange a lot of their parts so they axed the back clamp style of foot.

Finding them are not fun I will say that, and when you do have your checkbook ready. If the seller knows what they have you will feel it! The eBay auction for the set of attachments is less than what the plain straight stitch foot would go for.

Billy
Boy, that's an understatement, Billy! Thanks for posting this information.