Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-05-2010, 08:10 PM

I am amazed at the prices on Ebay that people want for vintage machines. But this one made me look twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. What about this machine could make it worth what they are wanting???????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Antique-...item2c5498a4fc
Old 06-05-2010, 08:29 PM

Well, see that lots of people had a great time at this weekend at sales. I did not find anything this weekend but didn't look very hard. need to get one working so I can tell everyone what great machines I have.

Congratulation on the great buys.

Charlee, you don't have anything to complain about - you have lots of wonderful machines.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I am amazed at the prices on Ebay that people want for vintage machines. But this one made me look twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. What about this machine could make it worth what they are wanting???????

That's GOT to be a typo!!! I'm betting the seller actually wants $199.99 for it...and even that is a pipe dream!! (The kind one gets after smoking a certain kind of weed in a pipe...not, of course that I would know the first thing about that having grown up in the late 60's/early 70's!! :lol: )
Couldn't help myself, I sent a question to the seller to ask!! :lol:
Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 PM

My "new" featherweight arrived via UPS yesterday, I was a bit disappointed when I opened the box it came in.
The machine was buried in packing peanuts with no other
packing at all!! It came through unscathed, but I had to pick out pieces of packing peanuts from all sorts of places in the machine. Its an AJ serial number, came with only the machine and foot pedal. Its been recently given a new cord and they used the original bakelite plug that goes into the machine.
I need to need to clean and oil it and sew with it for a bit.
Its a very pretty machine, it was an Ebay buy for $167.
Sharon W. in Texas
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 PM

I need help fellow quilters and Lostin51. I found a wonderful black singer machien at a yard sale this weekend adn bought it the next day. I am trying to find out about it. It is in excellant shape, SHe even put the needle down on a piece of cloth for protection. It is a model 15 . Here is the info:There is a bronze medallion on the fron that says "The Singer Manfg @ trademark.....AH 396944.. another number 125255. I looked it up and it seems to be made in Elizabth,NJ on Jan 5th 1948, Cannot find the approx value (it's worth a million to me). I googled for hours and this is all I could find. No machine owners guide, nothing. She was asking 165.00 and then this morning it was down to 65.00 and when I asked her why, she was sending it to an orphanage after the sale and said make me an offer. I offered her 50.00 and got it. I also bought an antique wooden ironing board with a mfg date of 1908 on it. Hope someone who reads this can get more info for me. I would so appreciate it. I don't do pictures yt, but I am in the process of learning how to. On Ebay there is one that looks alot like it Item #120577917099but no info on it. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Banned

"You are bidding on an authentic Antique Singer 128k Sewing machine. This machine is in great condition. The only thing missing is a plug in outlet so I am not 100% sure if it works. All the parts do move smoothly. This would look great on your table or in your antique room. Comes with paperwork and sewing pins and string. Good Luck and bid with confidence!! Serial Number is Y1603544."

Okay first of all who in their right mind has an "Antique Room" :roll: Then the second thing is, this fool is off their rocker!!!

Billy
Old 06-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I need help fellow quilters and Lostin51. I found a wonderful black singer machien at a yard sale this weekend adn bought it the next day. I am trying to find out about it. It is in excellant shape, SHe even put the needle down on a piece of cloth for protection. It is a model 15 . Here is the info:There is a bronze medallion on the fron that says "The Singer Manfg @ trademark.....AH 396944.. another number 125255. I looked it up and it seems to be made in Elizabth,NJ on Jan 5th 1948, Cannot find the approx value (it's worth a million to me). I googled for hours and this is all I could find. No machine owners guide, nothing. She was asking 165.00 and then this morning it was down to 65.00 and when I asked her why, she was sending it to an orphanage after the sale and said make me an offer. I offered her 50.00 and got it. I also bought an antique wooden ironing board with a mfg date of 1908 on it. Hope someone who reads this can get more info for me. I would so appreciate it. I don't do pictures yt, but I am in the process of learning how to. On Ebay there is one that looks alot like it Item #120577917099but no info on it. Thanks.
Okay the first thing is you probably need a manual for it. Here is a link to a free download in PDF format.

http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html

How is it powered by electricity or is it treadle operated? The value of the machine is what you feel it is worth to you. There were so many of these made (in the millions) that they are readily available to the public. Parts are really easy to find for them thanks to the Japanese making their versions of the machine and this was the most popular model Singer ever had.

Billy

Billy
Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by no1jan
Just hope it works! Believe me I am taking pictures this time!:thumbup:
Jan you didnt know that a digital camera was a tool for the ole toolbox? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
I realize that, but with no center vision it is very difficult to see what you are taking a picture of! I depend on my husband for that.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I have a 15-91 which has the potted motor (no belt). If you have the same I found a regular manual and an adjuster's manual (repairman's manual) for it. I will be glad to email it to you if they would help. Just pm me or if you want to meet, just let me know.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 AM

laughing....
What is really funny is that they don't know what they own. It is not a model 128 like they say in their ad. Model 128 has the long shuttle boat type bobbins, not the round bobbins.
Here is a link to one in Singer's manual...scroll down to see the picture. http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/manuals/127-128.pdf