Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1063 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 63 563 963 1013 1053 1062 1063 1064 1073 1113 1163 1563 2063 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,630 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Glad you liked it, wish I could find one, she will have to be Lucy2

Hi, I am the Happy Treadler and there is no ten-step program for my sickness - thank goodness! ANYWAY, just wanted to join in on the Vintage Sewing Machine Club part of the quilting forum. I quilt entierly on treadles and hand cranks - no electric for me! Well, at least when it comes to sewing. ;) My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I've been 'collecting' old machines now for 10-12 years. I don't buy them for display, I buy them to use. Me and my hubby just built our new home, and I designed my sewing room and light fixtures around the 'feel' of my machines. Anyway, it's nice to see I'm not the only nuts person who loves these machines. ;)

Linda[/quote]

Linda, You can also use 15-89/90 too, but not a 15-91 in treadle. I have a 15-90 in treadle that I only use for FM quilting and it works!
    You will need a darning foot, not a walking foot for the FM. The 66s are excellent machines, but the 15s do a better job of FM quilting because of the bobbin setup(vertical) and thread pickup. Have fun shopping![/quote]

I treadle a 15-90 and it works beautifully, I left the solid handwheel on it. Its my favorite machine for FM quilting, I use a Singer 237 treadle to quilt and piece too.

Blog Entries
    Well its looking more & more like I am going to get the 15-91 on loan from my friend any day now. Which is good because I want to learn FMQ on it & am already signed up for a class on March 10th! My questions to you veterans of vintage machines...

What feet do I need for FMQ on the 15-91? I have a short shank walking foot. Will it work? Is there a free motion foot for the 15-91 or am I needing one called something else? Any suggestions for where to go to get them? Thanks for your help.

Welcome Happy Treadler! Congratulations on your new home. I and I am sure others here, would love to see pictures of your new sewing room and your favorite machines. You are in good company here.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Well its looking more & more like I am going to get the 15-91 on loan from my friend any day now. Which is good because I want to learn FMQ on it & am already signed up for a class on March 10th! My questions to you veterans of vintage machines...

What feet do I need for FMQ on the 15-91? I have a short shank walking foot. Will it work? Is there a free motion foot for the 15-91 or am I needing one called something else? Any suggestions for where to go to get them? Thanks for your help.
    Hope it's OK I just jump in here. If you're planning on using the 15-91 for FMQ, a walking foot wouldn't work because you won't be able to move your quilt in different directions (only forward). A walking foot would work well for straight line quilting, as well as 'curvy' quilting, but you'd probably need an open-toed hopping foot for the freedom for FMQ. I believe the 15-91 is a low shank machine, so they should be readily available. :) Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
    Welcome Happy Treadler! Congratulations on your new home. I and I am sure others here, would love to see pictures of your new sewing room and your favorite machines. You are in good company here.
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm always happy to show off my new sewing room. I downloaded some pics on webshots, and they can be found here: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78470011jjMxMP

These pictures are when we first moved in, but you are able to see the fixtures and get the 'feel' of the room anyway. I've put a few extra treadles in there since then, and will need to update my pictures very soon. Right now it looks like a fabric monster threw up all over the place in there. :shock: ha ha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Treadler

Hope it's OK I just jump in here. If you're planning on using the 15-91 for FMQ, a walking foot wouldn't work because you won't be able to move your quilt in different directions (only forward). A walking foot would work well for straight line quilting, as well as 'curvy' quilting, but you'd probably need an open-toed hopping foot for the freedom for FMQ. I believe the 15-91 is a low shank machine, so they should be readily available. :) Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken...
    Thanks for jumping in. I know the walking foot is for straight line & ' curvy' - just didn't make it clear as mud did I? lol Tossed it in there though just in case anyone was going to offer anything about walking feet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm always happy to show off my new sewing room. I downloaded some pics on webshots, and they can be found here: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78470011jjMxMP

These pictures are when we first moved in, but you are able to see the fixtures and get the 'feel' of the room anyway. I've put a few extra treadles in there since then, and will need to update my pictures very soon. Right now it looks like a fabric monster threw up all over the place in there. :shock: ha ha
    What a wonderful open room! Love it...I can just imagine the creative juices flowing thru there.

Thanks for jumping in. I know the walking foot is for straight line & ' curvy' - just didn't make it clear as mud did I? lol Tossed it in there though just in case anyone was going to offer anything about walking feet.
    I actually just ordered a professional walking foot for my 31-15, and I'm waiting for a longer screw so I can try it out. What you need is a Davis vertical feed machine which has a 'built-in' walking foot. That's one of the coolest machines I own. ;)