Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I have a manual being mailed to me..guess I will have to wait. I found the threaded split post but that part of the machine was not assembled when this part fell out. Thanks anyway!
It fell out because it was NOT assembled - it just sets in there unless there is something to keep it from falling out.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Miriam this is so funny, although, I think I'd have called the authorities just to protect myself! I have gotten poison oak so bad so many times that now I am not allergic to it. When we first bought our ranch there was a ton of poison oak - after years of clearing it away -- getting it all over my body - we have gotten rid of most of it, and I don't get it any more. I can go riding and pull it off the trail with my bare hands! I love it! That is nasty stuff!

Nancy
Nancy
Its funny when I read that I thought you were telling Miriam to call the police about the poison IVY lol. I am thinking they cant do anything about that. I had to re read her post several times before I got it
:mrgreen:

Not on my A game today
This is getting less and less funny - it's all over every where. AND the pictures aren't quite the same as the ones on the net - no jagged teeth on the leaves. I hate to take a cutting in to the garden store and ask if it is some kind of herb or call the cops and have them arrest me... it's in my house next door's yard too... sure is pretty and smells good.

If you have a picture and you want you can email me it just PM me and I will give you my email address. I unfortunately know what they look like. My brother had a "green thumb" in high school lol
it's leaves aren't jagged like in the pictures on line
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 AM

If the leaves do not look like the ones on the internet then its not it. You probably have a weed. Also the fact that its in your yard and the neighbors points to a weed as well.

Hope the poison ivy clears up. I have never gotten it but heard its painful
Old 07-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I have a manual being mailed to me..guess I will have to wait. I found the threaded split post but that part of the machine was not assembled when this part fell out. Thanks anyway!
It fell out because it was NOT assembled - it just sets in there unless there is something to keep it from falling out.
http://shop.sew-classic.com/Tension-...572-125417.htm
this diagram is the best I've ever seen - I hope it helps. The 225417 arrow is pointing to your pin

Jenny has expanded her website a LOT since I spent much time there!!! She has a ton of good info!!! AND you can find a LOT of parts.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

If the leaves do not look like the ones on the internet then its not it. You probably have a weed. Also the fact that its in your yard and the neighbors points to a weed as well.

I can handle an over population problem if it isn't some other problem.... It sure is pretty and sure smells good. Grows all along the fence DH thinks its a flower. The poison ivy isn't too bad as such. I think the bug bites were worse Prid and some Benedryl took care of it. Prid takes out splinters too. (commercial break I guess) http://www.amazon.com/Prid-Drawing-S.../dp/B00016X604 I got some at Walmart cruddy black stuff but it works...
Old 07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Kas

You probably have a weed? LOL! Isn't that what she was afraid of? Still giggling over here! How many leaves does it have?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kas

You probably have a weed? LOL! Isn't that what she was afraid of? Still giggling over here! How many leaves does it have?
ha how many do you think???
Old 07-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Probably isn't what you're thinking, and if it happens to be, probably of the growing wild variety. It grew wild all over where I grew up (Iowa) and here (Kentucky) as well. It used to be grown here for rope, too. If you're worried, though, you can call the police station and ask them to send someone out. Or set fire to it and get to know your neighbors in a whole new way!!
Miriam this is so funny, although, I think I'd have called the authorities just to protect myself! I have gotten poison oak so bad so many times that now I am not allergic to it. When we first bought our ranch there was a ton of poison oak - after years of clearing it away -- getting it all over my body - we have gotten rid of most of it, and I don't get it any more. I can go riding and pull it off the trail with my bare hands! I love it! That is nasty stuff!

Nancy
Nancy
Its funny when I read that I thought you were telling Miriam to call the police about the poison IVY lol. I am thinking they cant do anything about that. I had to re read her post several times before I got it

Not on my A game today
This is getting less and less funny - it's all over every where. AND the pictures aren't quite the same as the ones on the net - no jagged teeth on the leaves. I hate to take a cutting in to the garden store and ask if it is some kind of herb or call the cops and have them arrest me... it's in my house next door's yard too... sure is pretty and smells good.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Probably isn't what you're thinking, and if it happens to be, probably of the growing wild variety. It grew wild all over where I grew up (Iowa) and here (Kentucky) as well. It used to be grown here for rope, too. If you're worried, though, you can call the police station and ask them to send someone out. Or set fire to it and get to know your neighbors in a whole new way!!

Nancy
Nancy

Not on my A game today
uh we have both houses... both empty.... the other one sure smells like mold..... no telling in that neighborhood.... The plan is to live in one and turn the other into sewing studio/shop space/storage.... pretty small place.... huge yard and 3 garages - lots of tall pretty plants with not jaggy but fan shaped leaves....... 'o/ Make a nice FM pattern I bet... Can't you see that hanging on my clothes line??? I figure to see if the elderly lady next door knows about those pretty plants but she told us the house was 100 years old and we KNOW it isn't. HHHHMMMMMM she does smoke.... It has been suggested that we might look for a starving rock band and ask them if they want to trim the plants..... we would find out real fast that way I betcha. BUT I do like the idea of setting them on fire - if there wasn't a wood fence in the middle of it all I'd probably do it - make the whole neighborhood happy for a while... Oh what the heck the fence isn't so much... I figure on signs that say "please don't trample the poison ivy" and "pet the skunk at your own risk" to hold it together.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Nancy
Nancy

Not on my A game today
uh we have both houses... both empty.... the other one sure smells like mold..... no telling in that neighborhood.... The plan is to live in one and turn the other into sewing studio/shop space/storage.... pretty small place.... huge yard and 3 garages - lots of tall pretty plants with not jaggy but fan shaped leaves....... 'o/ Make a nice FM pattern I bet... Can't you see that hanging on my clothes line??? I figure to see if the elderly lady next door knows about those pretty plants but she told us the house was 100 years old and we KNOW it isn't. HHHHMMMMMM she does smoke.... It has been suggested that we might look for a starving rock band and ask them if they want to trim the plants..... we would find out real fast that way I betcha. BUT I do like the idea of setting them on fire - if there wasn't a wood fence in the middle of it all I'd probably do it - make the whole neighborhood happy for a while... Oh what the heck the fence isn't so much... I figure on signs that say "please don't trample the poison ivy" and "pet the skunk at your own risk" to hold it together.
Whatever you do...do NOT burn the poison ivy...if you happen to inhale any of the smoke from it you can get poison ivy in your lungs, throat, etc. It can be deadly.