Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2335 of 4373 FirstFirst ... 1335 1835 2235 2285 2325 2334 2335 2336 2345 2385 2435 2835 3335 ... LastLast
Results 23,341 to 23,350 of 43723

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #23341
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central CA - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,068
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    I've been giving something a lot of thought. I have 4 or 5 old Home Ec tables. They are huge. BUT what if I were to make a pad to fit across the whole top so they could be used to iron? They do take up a bunch of space but not as much as a table and an ironing board. A person could iron a large section of quilt with out shifting. A person could iron sitting down. If a person wanted to they could just flip up the end and iron. I would put a sleeve to hold it on the end that flops down. Then put a hang down scissors & pin holder on there. Any ideas how to use it with the machine UP - cut a hole for the machine? But what if you want the machine down - how would you fill the hole and keep the insert from shifting? If you only wanted to use half the table how would the pad stay on? I posted pics of the naked table. I saw a table like this on Ebay for $200 without a top to iron on. Those tables are tough. You could park a mac truck on one. They make good cutting tables too. That back flips over the top to cover the rest of the top, down and out of the way or up to make a big table.

    That's a cool table!!! Be great for using when quilting large size quilts.
    That it would!!

  2. #23342
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central CA - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,068
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    now I'm posting double... I just have to tell you all what my DGD said. Today is her 7th Birthday. I call her "The Ever Practical Mercy" She is always very practical. Nothing wasted. She called and I sang Happy Birthday to her. We chatted. Then she says she is saving up money. I asked her how much she had so far. She says, "Well, 7 pennies, a dime and a quarter and 3 dollars." So I asked her what she is saving up for. She says, "A house." I asked her how much she needed. She said. "I don't know" Is it a doll house? "NO, grandma, it is a HOUSE!"
    Oh MY!!! She certainly is very practical!!! LOL

  3. #23343
    Senior Member 1000projects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Carmel Indiana
    Posts
    458
    Got my Singer 15-91 today! There were 2 available but i got just one... The other costs more AND has damage to the sewing table AND is missing the bibbin holder. The 15-91 even fit, with table, in the back of our Prius!

  4. #23344
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,000
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    now I'm posting double... I just have to tell you all what my DGD said. Today is her 7th Birthday. I call her "The Ever Practical Mercy" She is always very practical. Nothing wasted. She called and I sang Happy Birthday to her. We chatted. Then she says she is saving up money. I asked her how much she had so far. She says, "Well, 7 pennies, a dime and a quarter and 3 dollars." So I asked her what she is saving up for. She says, "A house." I asked her how much she needed. She said. "I don't know" Is it a doll house? "NO, grandma, it is a HOUSE!"
    Oh MY!!! She certainly is very practical!!! LOL
    Yeah she is. She tried to catch a squirrel once. She wanted to know what they tasted like. She likes her food. She isn't heavy or over weight but she likes food of any kind. We like to go to the Mexican restaurant and watch her suck the salsa off the chips. She started that before she was weaned. The waiters loved it. They bring a bowl of salsa just for her. Oh and when DD raised chickens for meat... I got a phone call, "Mom, can you do grief counseling???" "UH, what happened?" She hands the phone to the oldest GD.... "SNIFF, SNIFF, boo hoo, ALL my FRIENDS are DEAD. SNIFF SNIFF boo hoo....." ok... "What happened? SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF boo HOO..." Well, The Ever Practical Mercy grabs the phone. (She was 4 at the time) She says, "Dramma, a BIG DOG got in our yard and KILLED all our chickens. Daddy and Drammpa digged a BIG hole and HIDDED all of dem.... and we can't EAT any chickens." ok.... uh

  5. #23345
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,000
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000projects
    Got my Singer 15-91 today! There were 2 available but i got just one... The other costs more AND has damage to the sewing table AND is missing the bibbin holder. The 15-91 even fit, with table, in the back of our Prius!
    You are going to like it.

  6. #23346
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central CA - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,068
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    now I'm posting double... I just have to tell you all what my DGD said. Today is her 7th Birthday. I call her "The Ever Practical Mercy" She is always very practical. Nothing wasted. She called and I sang Happy Birthday to her. We chatted. Then she says she is saving up money. I asked her how much she had so far. She says, "Well, 7 pennies, a dime and a quarter and 3 dollars." So I asked her what she is saving up for. She says, "A house." I asked her how much she needed. She said. "I don't know" Is it a doll house? "NO, grandma, it is a HOUSE!"
    Oh MY!!! She certainly is very practical!!! LOL
    Yeah she is. She tried to catch a squirrel once. She wanted to know what they tasted like. She likes her food. She isn't heavy or over weight but she likes food of any kind. We like to go to the Mexican restaurant and watch her suck the salsa off the chips. She started that before she was weaned. The waiters loved it. They bring a bowl of salsa just for her. Oh and when DD raised chickens for meat... I got a phone call, "Mom, can you do grief counseling???" "UH, what happened?" She hands the phone to the oldest GD.... "SNIFF, SNIFF, boo hoo, ALL my FRIENDS are DEAD. SNIFF SNIFF boo hoo....." ok... "What happened? SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF boo HOO..." Well, The Ever Practical Mercy grabs the phone. (She was 4 at the time) She says, "Dramma, a BIG DOG got in our yard and KILLED all our chickens. Daddy and Drammpa digged a BIG hole and HIDDED all of dem.... and we can't EAT any chickens." ok.... uh
    LOL!! LOVE her!!

  7. #23347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Okay I found these on the Nashville CL and if your close enough to them these are great prices for the machines.

    http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/2579511852.html

    http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/2579522399.html

    Billy

  8. #23348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by shelburn
    Billy, I will be praying for you!

    Problem with my pre-1900 New Home Treadle. It was working just great when we cleaned it up about two months ago. Now when trying to piece with it, it seems to pull to the left. Can't keep an even 1/4 inch seam no matter how I try. The seam seems to get wider and wider. Have to stop and re-adjust. Does anyone have an idea to try? It makes a lovely stitch, just want to make a wider and wider seam.
    Sounds like the presserfoot might be cocked one way or another. See what you can do about getting it aligned to the feed dogs and that should fix it. Or let up on the tension for the presserfoot a bit.

    Billy

  9. #23349
    Junior Member shelburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NE Connecticut
    Posts
    131
    To Billy---
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a try today and see if either works. Love to piece on this old timer!!

  10. #23350
    Senior Member Suzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    766
    Blog Entries
    3
    There really is nothing like piecing on a treadle - it just makes me smile the whole time!!!

    Billy - how're are things going? We're all praying for you and you WILL come through this with flying colors .......

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.