Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-02-2011, 03:23 PM

Billy - so good to read that your feeling much better. You keep fighting and down the road a piece you'll be back to normal and playing with your toys with gusto.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Emmah sounds like a plan! I have been looking at photos that I took as I was getting the lesions and as they started going away with the meds and I can not believe the improvement. I am still bald as ever but my scalp is about 3/4's the way back to being normal with the hair follicles starting to fire up again in the non scabby areas. But my body is still wrecked with lesions that are half healed up and they have a funny hole like thing in the middle of each one of the large ones (1 1/2" or bigger) At least after my wifes careful inspection I do not have anymore wanting to pop up so I am really happy to hear that.

But it was nice to sit around all of my machines and be able to pedal the treadle a minute just to have something to do. I miss my babies!!

Billy
We really miss you Billly and keeping you continueously in our prayers, thank you for the health update. That journal is a good mind regulator during these times. When you start to feel even more strength the treadles will help you become even stronger. Blessings be with you my dear son.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Another item for my basement sewing room.
This is gorgeous!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2628853850.html
Monica, are you sure you would want to place something sew gorgeous in a basement???
I don't have a basement, this is all if.

But you're correct about not putting that in basement. So, my basement has turned into a humongous sewing room!

It's a lovely piece to own...if....
Old 10-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Interesting!! When I called White to date my #8, (photos on the photo thread) they told me they only made the #8 for a year to year and a half before they discontinued the model! So much for trusting them!! :lol:
Charlee did you go to the White site under "Serial Numbers/Dating List" and see if your serial number is in there? I'd check that before calling White, just in case it is there, but be aware there are like 42 pages of serial numbers to go through!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78886693lsIAUe
Nancy
Old 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Billy I just love it when you pop in! My heart goes out to you - stay positive, stay focused on getting better, keep the downers out of your life - let only positive people in!

Nancy
Old 10-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Well, I am really bummed! We went to a storage unit sale yesterday. The only machine there was a Glennen Embellishment machine. I had never heard of it so I came home and looked it up. Geeze, after watching a demo on U-tube, I am so bummed I didn't buy the machine! I had never seen an embellishment machine. It has a bobbin and sews down ribbon, yarn, etc., not an actual sewing machine - not a felter, just an embellishment embroidery machine!

Nancy
Old 10-02-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
This person lives near me. What are they smoking? :roll: And I love how the ad description makes absolutely no sense...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-193...#ht_500wt_1156
This one was another one that was under the overpriced machine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE...32001755248173

I'd love to have that 201K; I could do a motorectomy and treadle it. Too bad I'm so far away from Australia.
I'm sure that shipping would be outrageous and then I'd have to worry that it wouldn't arrive in 1 piece. EEEK!!!!

Sharon W. in Texas
Old 10-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, I am really bummed! We went to a storage unit sale yesterday. The only machine there was a Glennen Embellishment machine. I had never heard of it so I came home and looked it up. Geeze, after watching a demo on U-tube, I am so bummed I didn't buy the machine! I had never seen an embellishment machine. It has a bobbin and sews down ribbon, yarn, etc., not an actual sewing machine - not a felter, just an embellishment embroidery machine!

Nancy
Any sewing machine with the proper foot is an embellisher. I think that's why these machines tanked in sales....who wants to take up all that room for a separate machine when your sewing machine does the exact same thing. Couching feet, cording feet and ribbon/embellishing feet are all available for most manufacturers. I know I have most of the feet for my Janome and Bernina has scads of them.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Too bad I'm the only one up here. Look at the condition of this one. http://nmi.craigslist.org/atq/2591322469.html
What ya waitin for? You are gonna pick it up, aren't you?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Candace
This person lives near me. What are they smoking? :roll: And I love how the ad description makes absolutely no sense...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-193...#ht_500wt_1156
This one was another one that was under the overpriced machine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE...32001755248173

I'd love to have that 201K; I could do a motorectomy and treadle it. Too bad I'm so far away from Australia.
I'm sure that shipping would be outrageous and then I'd have to worry that it wouldn't arrive in 1 piece. EEEK!!!!

Sharon W. in Texas
Sharon I can tell you from experience that shipping to the US would run around $350 or so. I have sold lots of machines down under including a Red Eye that was new and in an unopened factory crate. I know I should have kept it after all how many brand new treadles do you ever see in your life. But when the individual offered me $2500 for it well I let her go.

Billy