Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 553 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 53 453 503 543 552 553 554 563 603 653 1053 1553 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 43792

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #5521
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by redpurselady
    I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. When we took her out of the box, I found this part on the floor. Is it part of the machine - please say it isn't necessary for it to function because I have no idea where it would go. As a matter of fact, I have no experience whatsoever with treadles so I will be doing quite a bit of research on them. Any suggestions as to what to read or where to find information?
    Treadle on has information. I think that part is the spring for the belt shifter, the latch that you move to take the belt off the big wheel on the treadle. You should have a spring there, if not that may be where it goes. Here is a picture of mine. My treadle still needs additional work and cleaning, so pardon the dirt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #5522
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Does anyone know how to find out the age of the White sewing machines? I looked on the internet and can't find a list like Singer has on aging a machine.

    Nancy

  3. #5523
    Senior Member redpurselady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by redpurselady
    I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. When we took her out of the box, I found this part on the floor. Is it part of the machine - please say it isn't necessary for it to function because I have no idea where it would go. As a matter of fact, I have no experience whatsoever with treadles so I will be doing quite a bit of research on them. Any suggestions as to what to read or where to find information?
    Treadle on has information. I think that part is the spring for the belt shifter, the latch that you move to take the belt off the big wheel on the treadle. You should have a spring there, if not that may be where it goes. Here is a picture of mine. My treadle still needs additional work and cleaning, so pardon the dirt.
    Sure looks like that may be it - hope I can figure out how to get it back on if so. Thanks much!

  4. #5524
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Sure looks like that may be it - hope I can figure out how to get it back on if so. Thanks much![/quote]


    Probably easier than it looks; just unscrew the screw there and the spring will set in under the latch that the belt goes through.
    You're welcome.

  5. #5525
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Saugus, MA
    Posts
    665
    Blog Entries
    3
    1955 was a great year, That's the year I married my wonderful DH. Best thing I ever did.

  6. #5526
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,242
    My Dh was born that year. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    1955 was a great year, That's the year I married my wonderful DH. Best thing I ever did.

  7. #5527
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Does anyone know how to find out the age of the White sewing machines? I looked on the internet and can't find a list like Singer has on aging a machine.

    Nancy
    Hello you all, I found where to find White manufacture dates.

    So today my DH brings home a White Rotary Electric Black Crinkle Embossed machine. It was manufactured in 1931. The thing was completely frozen. We got it cleaned and working, but I can't figure out how to thread it. There is a needle in the machine, but we don't know if it is the correct one for this machine. I am not sure how to thread the bobbin either.

    Anyway, I can't get the needle to pick up the bobbin thread, which tells me I am doing something wrong?

    Anyone have instructions on how to thread a White Rotary Electric machine made around the 1930's?

    Nancy

  8. #5528
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    My Dh was born that year. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    1955 was a great year, That's the year I married my wonderful DH. Best thing I ever did.
    Both hubby & I were born in 1955 too.
    It was a great year for baby boomers.

  9. #5529
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Anyone have instructions on how to thread a White Rotary Electric machine made around the 1930's?

    Nancy[/quote]


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9eiKXCjv80

    Hope this helps you.

  10. #5530
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Anyone have instructions on how to thread a White Rotary Electric machine made around the 1930's?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9eiKXCjv80

    Hope this helps you.
    Wow! That site is fantastic! Thank you so much!

    Nancy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.