Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Melody
I brought my "new" machine home today. My aunt gave it to me. It had belonged to her MIL (who was born in 1897). It hasn't been used in a very long time, but all I did was dust it off and it shines nicely. All the parts move easily, nothing appears to be rusted. The drawers were full of all kinds of neat stuff... oodles of little wooden spools of silk thread 15 cents, a ton of bobbins (two different kinds hmmmm). Two booklets and a box of accessories, Singer needles in old paper packet. The only thing missing is on the foot pedal, the pushy thingy that makes it go! I hope I can get a replacement or we'll have to make up something.
The number on it is: AJ481666 and the booklet says: 15-91 and the last copyright in the booklet is 1941. So I am assuming it must be a 1941 model.... right?
According to my records it was allotted on March 27 1950. It could have an older manual that came with it.

But it is a lovely machine and so well kept! Just a good oiling and a polish and your good to go!! And I really like your quilt your working on!!!! I love the colors.

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 02:43 PM

thank you! I do love it.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:46 PM

I brought my "new" machine home today. My aunt gave it to me. It had belonged to her MIL (who was born in 1897). The number on it is: AJ481666 and the booklet says: 15-91 and the last copyright in the booklet is 1941. So I am assuming it must be a 1941 model.... right?
How beautiful both the machine and cabinet. The wood looks so rich! And even pinking shears. Wonder how old those are? It must be very special for you. A real piece of personal history. Congrats! You have to be very content tonight. ;-)
Old 05-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
How beautiful both the machine and cabinet. The wood looks so rich! And even pinking shears. Wonder how old those are? It must be very special for you. A real piece of personal history. Congrats! You have to be very content tonight. ;-)
I know the wood work is so modern and rich. I was really doing some drooling over the attachments!!!

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 03:00 PM

I do like the cabinet, not only pretty but compact. I have no idea if it was a unit or not. I'm surprised how small it is when it's all folded up which makes it fit perfectly in my small house.

And yes, I am very content.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:40 PM

billy, I found a 66-9 in very good condition for a 100$ is this a good offer? Glenn
Old 05-15-2010, 03:40 PM

Melody, that's a beautiful cabinet and such a nice machine!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
It really is. I was so surprised when my aunt said, right out of the blue... would you like to have that old sewing machine?
The cabinet caught my attention right away and then when I opened it up and lifted the machine. Well, my heart just jumped with happiness.
:-D
Old 05-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
It really is. I was so surprised when my aunt said, right out of the blue... would you like to have that old sewing machine?
The cabinet caught my attention right away and then when I opened it up and lifted the machine. Well, my heart just jumped with happiness.
:-D

I just re-read your first post with the pictures...you said you're missing the foot pedal, but I see one there in the pics?

My 201-2 was missing the power cord...I picked one up on ebay for $10... what I need is a black foot pedal...this baby of mine has a replacement pedal...it's white and I'd rather have black!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:36 PM

I just re-read your first post with the pictures...you said you're missing the foot pedal, but I see one there in the pics?

My 201-2 was missing the power cord...I picked one up on ebay for $10... what I need is a black foot pedal...this baby of mine has a replacement pedal...it's white and I'd rather have black![/quote]

Yes, I do have the electric cord and the metal case of the foot pedal, but there is a square hole that holds a mechanism of some sort that depresses into the foot pedal and causes the contact to make the machine go. But that little square mechanism is missing. It's just a square hole and I can see inside the foot pedal. It doesn't show up in the pics I took. I'm not too worried about it. I have a friend who works in an auction house and hopefully when one these machines comes by her I can get it cheap and take the part or just the whole foot pedal for replacement.
Does all that make perfect sense. :-)