Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other >

An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other

An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other

Old 11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Power Poster

I owned a Dodge Stealth, great car, 6 speed, would fly!! DH had to outrun the state police and hide twice :shock: :shock: Which was such a shock, he is such a quiet man :roll: So for Christmas that year, he got me a radar detector :shock: :shock:
Old 11-23-2009, 01:09 PM

These are getting funnier by the minute!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 PM

I always start about 2-3 weeks before my birthday/anniversary/christmas and tell DH 'don't forget to buy your wife a card'! :lol: Call me selfish, but I figure the effort of going to the store, picking out a card and paying for it is part of the gift. Lately, neither of us need anything that we can't buy during the year, so the card is the gift.

He's pretty good when he buys me something. Although I did make him take back to KMart the diamond earrings he bought there....
Old 11-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

I actually cannot think of anything that Jim has bought me that was not wanted or appreciated. I guess I am a lucky one.

My sister gave me a (too small) night gown for my birthday last year. She knows I don't use them.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

My family knows I do not like cards. For one thing I think it's very foolish to spend $6 or higher for a fancy card and then what am I suppose to do with the card? Keep it forever? I saved some of the cards my kids made me when they were small, now those are priceless and the only cards worth getting. :D
Old 11-23-2009, 04:10 PM

I guess I'm lucky....my DH gets a catalog, leaves it for me to go through and pick out what I like, then he orders it. Works pretty good!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
I guess I'm lucky....my DH gets a catalog, leaves it for me to go through and pick out what I like, then he orders it. Works pretty good!!
Would you have your DH talk to my DH?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM

The fat slob that I was once married to always complained that I didn't fix breakfast regularly. (I worked, and these breakfasts bouts were on HIS days off). So he got me a set of frying pans for Christmas. Not only did I have nice pans, these were cheap. I blew up! It was amazing that the next Christmas there were a lovely pair of large diamond earrings for me. I bought them myself, using HIS bonus money. Notice that he is the EX.

But that is in the olden days. The wonderful man that I have now has given me no room for complaints!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
That reminds me of an interesting conversation with DH. I wanted to know where our tastes went wonky and gave him a Spiegel catalog. I asked him to point out some items that he thought I might like. He flipped through the pages frontward and backward and frontward again. Then he said: I can't imagine that you would like ANYTHING out of THAT catalog. The fact that assorted pages were marked with big red circles and arrows had totally slipped by him.

So I gave him a JC Penny catalog and asked him to find something in there. I swear, he picked every ruffled skirt in the damn book. It was a funny and very revealing exercise.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 PM

My current DH has always been very thoughtful with his gift giving. And flowers? whenever...for no apparent reason other than he loves me.

Now the ex is another story. He gave me some good boner gifts, but I think the worst one was the year that I was about 7 months pregnant, we were spending the holidays with my folks, and there was NOTHING under the tree for me on C'mas morning!!!! In Canada, the 26Th is like Black Friday in the US, so after nothing on the 25th, he and my cousin's hubby went shopping on the 26th for super sales. When he came back several hours later, with my gift, he didn't even bring it up from the parking garage...I had to go down to get it....a rice cooker that HE wanted. LOL Just another example of why he is now the ex. :D