ARRRGH! a vent

Old 06-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

It is very frustrating.. I had a problem with a person giving my number as her home number so her collectors were calling me :hunf: I eventually shut off the phone .

Have you called the phone company ?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Banned

It's not really the phone company's fault is it? The nursery owner still has the number on the NEW cards!!!!?????

I agree with telling her about Vista Print. :lol:

Or when they call, tell them that you are no longer in business at this number.

OF course if it is 'her' number ---- why is the phone company billing you for the same number? Send HER your phone bill!

Good luck. I would not put up with it as long as you have.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM

It's not the phone company's fault.
It IS my # and I pay for it....she had it years ago and gave it up. She admitted that to me 2 yrs ago.
I just MIGHT tell people she's out of business.

OH -- I just got a call from a bill collector.....!!! My DH was married, adopted the woman's daughter. When they divorced the daughter told him she didn't want to ever see him again. 2 yrs ago she called out of the blue. We went to Washington to meet up with her. Hard feelings were supposidly forgotten. She was all sweet and nice. THEN she said she was out of a job. We did NOT offer money. Now two yrs later we find out she's giving our name & # as references for her bills!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGH!!!

I think I might open up a bottle of wine today!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Originally Posted by raptureready
Don't go to them, you have no proof that you tried to stop it. Write them a letter that says:

On _____I spoke with ______ and asked that you not hand out business cards with my home phone number on them. (It's your old fax number) This request was disregarded. My attorney said to mail you this letter and thereby making my request for you to stop handing out business cards, receipts, shopping bags or anything else with my personal phone number on them a formal request. I will be keeping a copy for my own records in case there is a need for future litigation.

Sign it, date it, and mail it so that it has to be signed for. That should do it. Or you could just answer you phone and say, "We don't want your business, try __________ " and give them the name of another nursery. LOL
Great idea. In the interim, get a notepad and start taking orders from the people who call. Name, address, phone number, email. Don't take their payment just tell them to pay when they receive a statement. Set up delivery dates if that is part of the order. Diligently write the orders down on the notepad just as if you were the business owner. Don't be lax, remember everything the order would include.
Send the notepad paper to the store owner every 6 months until she shows you proof the problem has been resolved./Regards, Dorothy
Wow, 2 great solutions!!!!!!!!!!!

For almost 10 years I got phone calls for the previous person who had our number. I couldn't believe she had friends who didn't have her number for that long to wish Happy Birthday! Finally they stopped but it took forever.
But it was nothing like what you're going through :(
Old 06-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Ok here is what you do :lol: Try to get her home phone number and when someone calls you tell them her number has changed and give them her home number. Tell them shes open 24/7. :lol:
Old 06-25-2010, 01:02 PM

I too, had this problem but a bit different. Somehow a hospital and pharmacy had our phone number as a doctors office. I didn't want to endanger anyone so would politely tell them that this was a home not a doctor. After the second call I researched the doctor and called to tell them what was going on. I also kept a note of the correct number next to my phone. They eventually got it straightened out.
I agree with sending the nursery a letter. After you do that, you can let them know that you might not have the patience to be nice to their potential customers anymore.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:23 PM

We've had 4 different phone numbers in the last 10 years. Every one has had bill collectors hounding it. We've had phone calls telling us about our oxygen delivery, doctors appointments, car repairs, etc. One time it was even the results of a paternity test! On the worst offender, we okayed the car repairs & oxygen delivery and cancelled doctors appointments. Old friends & relatives would call on 2 of the numbers we had--obviously not very close friends or relatives. Many years ago, my phone number was very similar to the local bar in our small town xxx-4029 mine, xxx-4092 the bar--so almost every Saturday night, I'd get a phone call from some drunk wanting to know what time I "close" or wanting to talk to Joe, who was the bar owner and coincidentally the name of my first husband. It's 2:00am and the phone rings--someone asking for Joe--you hand the phone over and go back to sleep--right? Husband #1 wasn't very nice after the 3rd or 4th time this happened. Come to think of it, his making me always dial the phone to call people he wanted to talk to was probably pay-back!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Tell the woman that you are going to start telling people that the nursery has gone out of business if she doesn't do something about this. And if she doesn't take care of the problem...do it.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Google Goddess

that is terrible, you should tell her thanks for the business as you now started a nursery, ha ha
Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Google Goddess

good plan!

ha ha

Originally Posted by marsye
Ok here is what you do :lol: Try to get her home phone number and when someone calls you tell them her number has changed and give them her home number. Tell them shes open 24/7. :lol: