ARRRGH! a vent

Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 PM

You could tell her, you want back pay, because your time is valuable and you expect to be reimbursed for answering her business calls .......LOL

That should add up to quite the chunk of change.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 AM

My phone number is one digit different to the local police number, and one different to the police in the next small town. Used to get a lot of calls for the local boys in blue, but haven't had any for a while now. They obviously just hit the number next to it. Most people when I say you want **** (the last 4 digits) apologise.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:29 AM

I agree, it is not the phone company's fault, but if it isn't settled by the nursery owner after you send a letter (be sure to keep a copy for yourself) you can call and explain to the phone company and they may be able to give you suggestions.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:34 AM

I don't think I would take orders. I keep thinking about someone losing a loved one and sending flowers that never arrive. Otherwise it would be good.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:43 AM

Years ago, I kept getting a call for someone asking for a lady named Alicia. Every time I would tell them , you have the wrong number. So finally after who knows how many times they called. I told them Alicia wasn't here and if you need to get a hold of her. She left a forwarding phone number. I gave them the number for the County Jail, because Alicia was under arrest for prostitution. They never called back.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:54 AM

In the 90's my husband's cousin posed for Playboy magazine. She was from our town, but had moved. We were the only ones with that last name listed in the phonebook here. You can only imagine how many men called asking for her. At first I was polite and told them that she didn't live here. After a while I would tell them to hang on and leave the phone laying there. Finally the calls stopped.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:30 AM

We've had our phone number for 20 years at least. But some woman - to be nice - gave our phone number when she signed up for credit. So who gets her calls when she doesn't pay her bills? This has gone for years!! One collector asked why I was so defensive?? I hung up a number of times when I hear 'is Wanda there?' My husband is a businessman and sometimes gets calls at home, so I do try to answer the phone nicely all the time. Our number is also similar to a local business, and with the zeroes with the lines thru used alot, they dial a '1' and get us. I have the business' correct number and send them on their way. Several have thanked me for being nice about it. But when Wandas' 'friends' call, I'd like to pitch the phone thru the wall!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Years ago, I kept getting a call for someone asking for a lady named Alicia. Every time I would tell them , you have the wrong number. So finally after who knows how many times they called. I told them Alicia wasn't here and if you need to get a hold of her. She left a forwarding phone number. I gave them the number for the County Jail, because Alicia was under arrest for prostitution. They never called back.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86884.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 08:16 AM

I had problems one time with getting calls for someone that had the number previously. What made it worse was that her first name was also Carol. Of course, when they would call and say "may I speak to Carol" and I said "this is Carol", they wouldn't believe me when I told them it was the wrong Carol. lol. One finally told me to call the credit bureau and I did and the calls stopped.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM

I used to get cals or Mrs Levin from Temple Beth El 2-3 times a day. I was polite and told them she no longer has this phone # to no avail. When we moved to another town, had a different phone number that was a toll call from the old place, we still got calls ! So the dummies had to pay for the wrong number. The best bet is to write the letter that the matter is being sent to a lawyer to handle through the courts, and the press will get ahold of the information. Nursery does not want folks to know they are too lazy or dumb to check the cards when returned from the printer.