ARRRGH! a vent

Old 06-25-2010, 03:15 PM

I wouldn't send a letter. You have given her plenty of opportunity to fix this.
Find the number of another nursery in the area. When you get calls, tell them that you have gone or are going out of business and are referring customers to .......
Every time to refer someone to her competition, call her and tell her about it.
Don't take it out on the callers, they are innocent in this - so refer them somewhere else.
Carol B
Old 06-25-2010, 03:30 PM

Thats as bad as when our phone line was crossed with the mayor of my towns home phone. Apparently, when some one was having their phone line fixed, it was crossed... about a week later we figured it out and the phone company came and fixed it.

That sucks though! Definately get it taken care of... and if you do the lawyer letter, maybe put in there that that woman is now responsible in paying you back for the last two years of phone service.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Tell her you've hired a lawyer. and if she is with the Better Business Bureau, report the problem!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:53 PM

Oh what nice ladies we are!!LOL
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM

My cell phone number is very close to a taxi service that caters to getting over the alcohol limit persons home. Took me a couple of weeks of getting 2 a.m. phone calls on Fridays and Saturdays to figure out the problem.. Now I just ask were they are and tell them I'll be there in 15.... I can't believe how few of them ever call back wondering where I am..
Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM

We have had a similar problem with 2 different phone numbers in two different states. The first one was for a spa, stopped when the US Marshalls called us about them and we told them it was a residential number that we had had for several years. The second one we kept getting calls for the people who used to have the number and they were told there was no such person at this number. One of the callers called the police and we got a phone call from the police, DH thought they were calling for $$. That almost didn't go to well, but the calls stopped.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:38 PM

Our number once belonged to a Chinese dentist. I couldn't understand half the wrong number calls we got, and the other half hung up when I answered in English. We finally figured it out when a dental supply salesman called us. That lasted about 3 years.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

When the calls come in answer with a voice that sounds like a recording. "This number is no longer in service".
Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 PM

If you go to the nursery. Take a big black marker with you and stand at the register and put a big mark through the number. Make sure you go on a busy day. If someone complains tell them you're tired of taking their calls and they won't do anything about it so you're taking care of it. OR..... just take all the cards.!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by booklady
If you go to the nursery. Take a big black marker with you and stand at the register and put a big mark through the number. Make sure you go on a busy day. If someone complains tell them you're tired of taking their calls and they won't do anything about it so you're taking care of it. OR..... just take all the cards.!
Now THAT's an interesting idea. lol